Magpul Masada

FN 57 ? p90 ?

i would love to see those in graw2, but i might be asking too much for the p90 as it would involve too many animations me thinks.

the ump45 would be nice aswell.

well simply put, i'd be happy with any thing other than 9mm side arm or smg/pdw (wait, i'll be happy with any new additions to the selection)

thanks in advance :D

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2: They end up looking like crap as GRAW2 can't really process the normal maps aswell as I had hoped. :wall: If I am to get these things ingame and looking reasonable I'm going to have to move away from letting the normal maps handle all the smoothing and assign some smooth groups myself.
Hmmm, did you smooth the entire weapon? Thet's generally "bad" to do, wreaks havoc with some small but vital part of the shader/diesel, I forget what it's called. Or it could be that you rendered your normalmaps with the default green = down in max? That will make stuff look really horrible, graw uses green = up. If you did, just invert the green channel of the normalmap. Render looks good though, keep it up =)

Yup, was dumb enough to let my normal map handle all the smoothing for me. :oops::blush: In other words everything looks as it should when rendered but checking the model using max direct x display in the viewport and it's smoothing problems all over the place. Not in a way suprising that max has a more exact translation of normals than what your average gameengine has though.

I've fixed that already though, set up proper smoothgroups, re-rendered all of my normalmaps and now things atleast look right using the DX drivers...still have to see what it will look like ingame now though. Setting it up right now so I ought to be able to see it in a few minutes, that's after having to go through the hassles of porting my model from max 8 to max 7 <_<

Thanks for the tip about the inverted green channel mate...never knew it had been set up that a way :thumbsup:

Alright, here's the "new" model with it's new normal map ingame...still just a plain grey colour map and specular map.

Straight normal map

masada7-thmb.jpg

Normal map with inverted green channel.

masada8-thmb.jpg

Very good info about the green channel Straha! :notworthy: Bjud dig själv på en bärs från en exil svensk! ;)

I don't mind mate, might be an idea to turn down the tone somewhat though.

SPR wireoverlay

Carbine wireoverlay

Could it perhaps of been over at game-artist.net's forum you have seen them?? If so I just recently posted them in the "what are you working on" thread.

link to SPR post

Link to Carbine post

Cleared the issue??? If not feel free to contact one of the admins.

Snow

Do you mind posting a wireframe of these weapons ? I am almost sure i have seen them somewhere else ... Oh, if there is something else you would like tell us do so now (i mean today), before i contact webmaster.

Juerg, I look forward to seeing your apology. Would you like cream with your humble pie sir? :thumbsup:

I don't mind mate, might be an idea to turn down the tone somewhat though.

SPR wireoverlay

Carbine wireoverlay

Could it perhaps of been over at game-artist.net's forum you have seen them?? If so I just recently posted them in the "what are you working on" thread.link to SPR post

Link to Carbine post

Cleared the issue??? If not feel free to contact one of the admins.

Snow

Even if he had see them there , they are still posted under the name "Snowfella" and the BFS logo so you would think he could put 2 and 2 together and get 4 ?? sounds more like a case of sour grapes to me M8,, some people really make me laugh :rofl:

Do you mind posting a wireframe of these weapons ? I am almost sure i have seen them somewhere else ... Oh, if there is something else you would like tell us do so now (i mean today), before i contact webmaster.

I think you spelled your name wrong. Shouldn't it just be "Jerk?" I'll contact the internet master for you. Seriosly though, do a little research before you go all 3rd grade tattle tale on someone's innocent ######. Edited by Brettzies

^^bathroom-for-morons.jpg:o

Snow i'm glad to see You back! Nice work as always. :thumbsup:

Oh well, guess I have to wait till my day of reprieve is over before I find out if I passed or not :unsure: Still can't really come up with anything pressing that I need to get off my chest though.....ummmm.....ahhhh....ehhhhh....nah, nothing there :(

@Juerg Linison: Just a slight hint here mate....might just be an idea to do your research BEFORE you start swinging accusations the next time. It be pretty easy around these forums to do a check on my name and find out exactly how long I've been around for and get a rough idea of the amount of models I've shown off over the years. If I indeed was using someone elses models and calling them my own then I'd be the king of mod thieves...hell I have even done it good enough to get hired as a freelance modeler and take home GR.net's forum awards for best weapon modeler 3 years running :blink:

You should first contact your therapist...

The webmaster is aware, rest assured, I'll spend the appropriate amount of resources on your accusation. :rolleyes:

*plonk*

Oh let it stand Tinker....but I do think we all can lay it to rest for now....atleast untill, or rather if, Juerg desides to once again show up to adress the issue again.

@Whisper: Why did you have to go and blow the whistle on me like that...yes, your the modeler and I'm the camo expert. :P

Alright, I'll bump my own here...a mere 25 minutes after I posted last..lol

In regards to additional weapons ontop of the Masada versions. Due to a real lack of time I'm going to port accross the MEUSOC from my GRAW mod to fill the handgun portion of this mod.

That leaves the Secondary to still be filled...

Suggestions I've seen so far seems to be limited to 3 weapons, the P90, MP7 and UMP .45.

All of the above are doable and I already have base models of each that I can reuse and bring them up to GRAW2 standards. Keep in mind these are years old now and of [GR] standards still.

FN P90

HK MP7

HK UMP

Now, nomatter what one I do there is going to be animation flaws and most likely some sighting issues!

With the P90 there is no way I could get the reload animation to look right.

An MP7 would most likely have to be "coded" as a rifle as the sightline is so much higher than the handguns already in there = another one that would have a wonky reload anim.

And the UMP...well, that's most likely the best "match" with excisting animations but I have no idea how it will hold up in the sight department.