GRIN Gag Order

fantastic logic ubi good job,

makes you wonder then about all the lip service then about whether they want this game to be a success guess not by doing that.

surely they have only stopped them posting and not reading so as long as we keep the ideas coming surely easy to bypass i have a cunning plan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look what I found... Forum Manager job opening at UBI... I wonder if they found someone who doesn't like GR.Net???

Forum Manager

May 17th, 2007

San Francisco, CA

Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is seeking a Forum Manager to provide support for the Online Marketing department on a contract basis. The Forum Manager will be responsible for Ubisoft’s presence on internal and external forums. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience with online forums, and extensive knowledge of current gaming trends and consoles. The Forum Manager will work off-site with regular meetings in the Ubisoft office. Based on project load, we expect the Forum Manager to dedicate approximately 25 hours per week to Ubisoft.

Responsibilities:

* Manage internal and external forums

* Deliver regular reports based on community feedback

* Interact and communicate with fans and consumers on message boards, in a friendly and professional manner

* Compile ad-hoc reports when requested by Online Marketing Manager

Qualifications:

* Experience moderating forums

* Experienced with current video game consoles, PC gaming a plus

* Excellent written and verbal communication skills

* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word

* Excellent time-management skills

About Ubisoft

Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 23 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated sales of €680 million for the 2006-07 fiscal year. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.

Ubisoft is an EOE and offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package

I say give the job to ruggbutt :rofl:

Respectfully

krise madsen

@GRIN

as long as you can read our posts and you can show you visit, we will supply our comments and input and nothing can stop that, not even ubi.

i and most others will keep supporting you as you have supported us and our beloved game.

@ubi

you can limit the joy for a quick buck, but that buck won't last if you RUIN this game by limiting our communications

publish a game, don't ruin it.

+ 1.000

Great!

Finally it has come to this... As always, good and innovative things must be

ruined for profit.

:wall::wall::wall:

Every person where bought this game will sooner or later visit this site

and read the ubi - dementia. I can't believe that they give GRIN such childish

parameters.

But if your mainbusiness is creating games for kiddies... you will act like one

of it...

Hey ubi: why not asking your parents about that?

Why are the devs given a pass on this?

The Bros. Grin are all adults, they agreed to and signed the contract and all that that entails...and if they had had reservations there was plenty of time between :AW & :AW2 to restructure or rework the conditions, or bow out with their reputation intact.

____

This latest move by Ubisoft in France however is the last straw for us.
So what does this mean, exactly.

Two things. It means this ludicrious situation has not come from Ubi USA or UK UK, it has come from France.

It also means I've personally had enough of Ubi freeloading off this site and staff, and the staff are behind me on this, so - this worm is for turning.

As someone said to me yesterday, we've been providing free support to Ubisoft for years. To think Ubi couldn't even run a working feedback system during the GRAW 2 betas, we bailed them out with carefully moderated forums that had invaluable end user/deveoper interaction, then a few weeks later they pull all communications. I don't know about you, but I visualise that as someone flipping the bird at us.

Equally frustrating is that GRAW 2 is an awesome game, I am loving the campaign. I love the game, I love the guys at Redstorm, I love the guys at GRIN, I love this community. Spot who's missing in that happy family? Shame, shame Ubisoft.

Very Interesting decision by UBI

Let’s consider this from a business point of view.

A Business buys some application software for the company, it’s an off the shelf package that promises to deliver all the business requires, however after installing the software there are a few errors that need fixing, only at this time the company finds that the software company won’t let you speak to technical support.

Business demands money back and buys something else from another software developer. Big similarities.

Personally I think that the corporate bodies at UBI think they can get away without providing a holistic supported package to home users because we are perceived as having no power, we will buy the game anyway, and the people at the top NEVER get to hear our opinions on the service their company provides.

As most of you will know, I am a passionate supporter of the GR series and have run a ladder website supporting these games for many years.

I am concerned that the decisions made to gag GRIN and provide only a small amount of support will be detrimental to delivery of gaming experience from GRAW 2 which promises to be one of the best FPS’s ever. These decisions could lead to the final death knoll for the GR series, in the same way they have destroyed Raven Shield.

I am convinced that the people at the very top will have very little insight as to why this is a bad idea and indeed why the games they are delivering are not being as successful as they should be.

GRAW 1 if it had been done properly could have been further developed as [GR] was with expansion packs and could have been a great game. GRAW 2 has even more promise.

Someone at UBI must understand the financial benefits of creating a great game then adding to that game with chargeable expansion packs and continuing patches and bug fixes, rather than publishing second rate games that go to the bargain basement, then facing the massive spend on complete new game development and an expensive re-marketing strategy.

If you look at any truly successful software company, they have upgraded and improved on the original package to ensure they gain maximum market penetration and customer loyalty.

With this in mind I suggest you contact the people at the top that matter and can get this changed to ensure firstly they get the maximum return from their investment and secondly that we receive the gaming experience that we expect when spending our cash.

The main board of directors for UBI Soft in France and their contact information is as follows:

I have left out CHRISTINE BURGESS-QUÉMARD the Executive Director of Worldwide Studios because I cannot get a working email, the rest is live and will get through.

Customer power does work when you speak to the people at the top, just ensure that you get your message across, but remain succinct and polite.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Belial

YVES GUILLEMOT

President and CEO

Yvers.guillemont@ubisoft.com

ALAIN CORRE

Executive Director, EMEA Territories

Alain.corre@ubisoft.com

LAURENT DETOC

Executive Director, North America

Laurent.detoc@ubisoft.com

SERGE HASCOËT

Chief Creative Officer

Serge.hascoet@ubisoft.com

ALAIN MARTINEZ

Chief Financial Officer

Alain.martinez@ubisoft.com

Tel +33 (0) 01 48 18 50 00

Fax +33 (0) 1 48 18 52 82

With this in mind I suggest you contact the people at the top that matter and can get this changed

I should maybe have expanded on this earlier, but my post was already lengthy.

Fact is though, this didn't just come to light yesterday and what you are seeing now is not a knee jerk reaction. We learned about this weeks ago, and we have been in dialog with Ubi PR representatives about this situation, who in turn have corresponded with Ubi France (AFAIK).

Ubi have had a chance to turn this crazy gag decision around, and apparantly decided not to. Sure, the wheels at Ubi turn slow, but time is of the essence here.

GRAW 2 PC needs open free constructive communication between the end use and the dev team. That conduit has been working like a charm here for a long time. Pulling it now, during the critical end patching phase is not something we could sit by and let happen without comment.

The Thread at Ubisoft is full of support for the Admins here and the Dev Team alike.

I would suggest that members from other countries with Ubi forums do the same, I have sent pm`s to my fellow mods on 5 forums around the globe.

It would be good to see active threads on all Ubisoft forums and other forums alike.

After sleepng on this and calming down this act is WRONG, ITS DAMAGING, IT ALIAENATES CONSUMERS, AND ABOVE ALL ITS DAM UNPROFESSIONAL.

After sleepng on this and calming down this act is WRONG, ITS DAMAGING, IT ALIAENATES CONSUMERS, AND ABOVE ALL ITS DAM UNPROFESSIONAL.

I've been sleeping on this for many nights, and no matter how you look at it, it IS wrong, plain wrong. I'm not one for airing every little grievance with Ubisoft publically, but this I could not in all concience ignore.

Like Colin said it is unprofessional and not the mature path to take but, it's not us that chose this path, Ubi did and we are only making them aware of the disappointment the end-user/ customer/ purchaser is feeling which in turn is where their monies comes from.

I totally support this approach and if Ubi can not see the damage they can cause with this strategy then they have less vision than most believed.

V33C3C3CCCCCCCsuper-Bring%20Back%20GRIN.png

@GRIN:

Haven't tried GRAW2, but everything I've seen, read and heard tells me you've come a long way. You learn from your mistakes, and you've listened to feeback, with everyone benefiting in the long run. Good job. I wish you all the best in the future. And if you continue to learn and grow, and listen to the community, that future looks bright. :g_withgrin:

@Ubisoft:

*sigh*

What to say? After the StarForce debacle, Ghost Recon 2 and the virtual destruction of the Rainbow series I was ready to give anything with an Ubi logo a wide berth. GRAW2 indicated that you had learned from past mistakes and were serious about making quality games, and I was more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Then you go and pull a stunt like this.

The real problem is no secret: Organisation. The distance between your decision makers and those with their hands on the product is too big. Whatever their talents or lack thereof, your decision makers do not have the necessary information to make an informed decision. They might as well toss a coin.

This is not a theory. I know this. I talk to people. For your own sake I hope you know it too, though it may not have fully dawned on you yet. But in a potentially rapid-changing industry, your survival as a business may depend on it.

Respectfully (with reservations)

krise madsen

Edited by krise madsen

Thank you for the e-mail list Belial, I sent a one to each of them. I cannot thing of any good reason for this. I will not be buying GRAW 2 until it hits the $20 mark now due to this (which at Ubi's rate will be damn quick). I can stick with Armed Assault for a while until Ubisoft either falls (killing the Clancy franchise) or comes to their senses. In the mean time I've returned Call of Juarez and Resident Evil 4 (although I still have copies :pirate: ). Good job Ubi, you've destroyed much of what you could be simply by the reputation following poor products and even poorer support.

i did not sleep well ...

@all gamers who concider not buying the game, buy it if you are gonna play it, do it to support GRIN not ubi, cause if the illegal downloads reach certain levels UBI might think they have done something right.

register you games and fill in the form with a complaint about this idiotic action, cause some one will read it.

please do not give up on GRAW2 cause it is a Good Game and we got it from GRIN, and i for one think they can use our support now more than ever.

*can we have a standard statement from the community that we all can mail individually to the offices who made this step toward the End ?

i think if we all politely ask by E mail individually they realize what impact this has done, us talking on the forum does not bring it home to UBI.

it would be nice to have the french office employee go mad on monday when he sees his mailbox with multiple emails asking politely to bring back communications.

we gotta work together on this, any one in for such polite action ?

Why not take on an alias ? incognito :zorro: El Zorro ;) and make suggestions or ideas with the secret smiley as your emblem.

So Grin members can still post, it's just that someone was getting angry with the amount of time spent here or what? Now I'm confused o.O

I think it was clear they have been told NOT TO POST - End Off

could it be that UBI got jealous of all the attention that grin gets and they don't ? and now try to make up for it with this negative reaction ?

(would be very childish but you know adults, they can be soo immature)

So Grin members can still post, it's just that someone was getting angry with the amount of time spent here or what? Now I'm confused o.O

There is a gag order in place, and it hasn't anything to do with wasted time. Remember, GRIN guys read and post in here in their OWN time too, under that gag order they can't even do that.

Hopefully Ichabod's post is a good indicator for the coming weeks.

I've been sleeping on this for many nights, and no matter how you look at it, it IS wrong, plain wrong. I'm not one for airing every little grievance with Ubisoft publically, but this I could not in all concience ignore.

Wow.

Rocky is not the guy to fly off the handle for any petty grievance. This is serious.

One thing is for sure though. I'm not going anywhere near any Ghost Recon game without GR.net as backup.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Lol i cannot believe UBI. If they were a small local business they would not have a business. They stay in business because people still buy the games from them its a weakness pc gaming lol.

I for one did not buy GRAW after i played the demo, however after being in the BETA team i must say i was excited about the release of GRAW2 it was so much fun.

However because the way UBI act and gag Grin etc i will not buy this game. Sorry Grin it is a great game but i feel if i moan about UBI but still buy their products then i am just letting them get their own way. I hate big companies like this that take the p*ss out of their customers the ones who pay their wages. So for me i will have to cut my nose off to spite my face. At least that way i know UBI do not get my money.