RvA (Recon v Assault) ranks (on/off) ?

Is it possible to force the ranks to max (or switch off ranking) on the game mode RvA via dedicated server?. This is the same as switching off tactical points in domination mode. The reasoning is I've already spoken to players that struggle with tac. points in domination and like the option to choose weapons from the start.

I agree. One aspect I find frustrating is that if there are not enough rounds in a match, you can't obtain the highest rank before it gets reset. Not everyone will want matches that are long enough to accomplish this. I can imagine that on a lot of pubs, the match length (number of rounds) will be minimized to speed up the map cycle.

I've read (on the start screen) that veterancy points reset when you disconnect from the server. If that is the ONLY time they reset, then that's fine and dandy. But, they reset with every new match.

Is it possible to force the ranks to max (or switch off ranking) on the game mode RvA via dedicated server?. This is the same as switching off tactical points in domination mode. The reasoning is I've already spoken to players that struggle with tac. points in domination and like the option to choose weapons from the start.

rva with full loadout from the start??? great idea! w00t:thumbsup:

Edited by tau'r!

I agree 100%

The most I've gotten was two stars. Can probably get more if I was a Scout/Scrambler and tag/de-tag a lot as well as get tons of kill with the MP5 and also get a few objectives.....but that's just not gonna happen.

thats a dam good idea please make that the second option after sorting out the idiot proof dedi tools please :D

I hope it comes about, if it's not too hard, I'd hate the fact that all the new players will struggle on all servers. It's just the point we don't want to promote for a clan.

I couldnt make it past the 2 stars rank today for the life of me.. I was playing in the GRIN server, and 1 game we made it to 6 rounds (2 star rank), then the next I was at like 80 something points by the 3rd round, and it ended on the 4th (ended it with 98 points, and 2star rank) and then switched maps to reset the rank.. :( what does the other 2 ranks offer? haha

It also gives some guys the advantage, LOK from TuG likes to play without the sights so will be ok at the start but many who like the scope will not so the idea is good but it doesnt quite work im all for weapon of choice to start, it will make the game type more enjoyable for all.

How about an option to retain rank all the while in the server rather than resetting. Perhaps make the ranks a longer to achieve but allow them to carry over round to round and accumulate. This would promote and reward continual playing in the server and would give the "reward" that ranks offer.

As it is they are very quick to gain (but not quick enough to get the highest ranks) and are lost as soon as you start to break into the higher ranks. Instead of making everyone have access to the ranks, why not let them earn it by keeping ranks and allowing them to progress as they are in the server from match to match. I think I would find this much more rewarding than just starting with the highest rank right off the bat.

How about an option to retain rank all the while in the server rather than resetting. Perhaps make the ranks a longer to achieve but allow them to carry over round to round and accumulate. This would promote and reward continual playing in the server and would give the "reward" that ranks offer.

As it is they are very quick to gain (but not quick enough to get the highest ranks) and are lost as soon as you start to break into the higher ranks. Instead of making everyone have access to the ranks, why not let them earn it by keeping ranks and allowing them to progress as they are in the server from match to match. I think I would find this much more rewarding than just starting with the highest rank right off the bat.

that would be great !!

I agree that it would be nice to keep the rank a bit longer, please make it an opition.

But I also want to say that the rank system as it is, is great for replayability. During round one you got rather weak weapons and have to adopt to that fact. In the later rounds you got better weapons, you will meet a volley of nades from the Recon spawn if you don't keep down your head. It makes you use different styles of play for exactly the same map, time of day and spawns a good thing.

it is quite easy to obtain the higher ranks if you are in a server that play the rva properly rather than playing the game as a tdm.

its a shame more people dont play the game style as it was intended as i feel this could be the new HH in a few months time

Edited by {B:P:R}Joker

it is quite easy to obtain the higher ranks if you are in a server that play the rva properly rather than playing the game as a tdm.

its a shame more people dont play the game style as it was intended as i feel this could be the new HH in a few months time

My thoughts exactly. I don't hold RvsA any lower than HH; and with that said it outmatch Siege and Domination by far. Well done!

My thoughts exactly. I don't hold RvsA any lower than HH; and with that said it outmatch Siege and Domination by far. Well done!

I'm not disagreeing, I just would like to see the option for servers that wanted to offer, full kit loadout from the off. I RvA consept is truly a brainwave from Grin and like you say it's defiantly a stronger mode than single objective mode like HH,Siege and Domination, the strongest game modes in Graw 2 I feel will be TDM, RvA & cooperative.

I noticed that Domination DOES NOT FEATURE IN GRAW2 as RvA REPLACES IT

viii