MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

Good:

Unlike Graw(1), I actually enjoy number 2.

Optimizations have improved

Sound effects are nice before sound glitches take place

A lot of people playing online

Textures look better than the first GRAW

Bad:

Some lag when server is full

Sound glitches

Good job Grin! This is what GRAW 1 should have been, I am impressed.

Edited by intelfactor

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghost Recon Multiplayer is back. At last and thank god for that. If the Game is as good as the Demo then fun times are back for the next few years.

I’ll have to give up work again! Seriously I am so impressed with the games playability on a multiplayer basis. The action is awesome, its graphics are very nice and the tension within the game will take some beating.

Some very nice things for clan v clan/ ladder players are the settings and server lock down abilities.

Grin I really think this time you have done it, I love the game. So much so I will have a GRAW 2 Ladder up tomorrow with full match capabilities/rules and will run a number of tournaments and give away GRAW 2 games to the winners as soon as the game is released.

Thank you GRIN for eventually developing a game from a manic GR Multiplayer Ladder fanatic that can at last replace [GR].

For those that want to comment on the graphics or accuracy, please that’s for another thread, this is just about this games ability to be used on ladder matches.

By the way, I love the recoil, the peek options and the tip toe, I also love the near disappearance of players in bushes after a certain distance and the ability to pick up dead players weapons. The lack of sensors is compensated by the indicators on screen that are not as crude as the old threat indicator, however I’m slightly concerned about spawn points or lack of them.

Overall Freaking Fantastic job, it’s just like GRAW but with the crap things taken out and the good things from GR put in. After all, the vast majority of us just wanted an updated GR, this is delivery in full.

If you want to see what it’s like I highly recommend downloading the demo, if you want to try it in a ladder environment Join TaG at www.tagaming.com and join the ladder, you never know I may end up buying you the game. I will be running an 8v8 tournament and a singles tournament, I may do a few more if the take up is ok.

Either way if you’re in to ladder matching, it will give you a good idea to this game's capabilities.

Thank you once again, from a very happy man AT LAST.

Can’t wait for the game, it’s a dead cert buy.

Belial

That said the uniform sound, rubbing while moving/ running etc, sounds like a new set of cammos, get it sorted, if you have ever worn them you know after a month they sound totally different (get them washed) loose the squeaky clean sound.

In English?

i didn't think Red Storm were involved with the making of GRAW2

or are they porting [GR] MP maps?? :hmm:w00t0:)

They have some of the GRAW 2 maps from the 360 in the game.. not sure about the demo... but the full game will for sure.

Also have the best maps from GRAW 1 360 version... that is why Red Storm got a nod.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

No I am not confused. I would have liked to see it with the demo so my team and others like it could start promoting the game within our team members and the public via our own server. But as it is we'll have to wait and see. It is what it is so. Thanks anyway.

I agree with FlimFlam, demo or not, MP FPS should come with dedicated server files.

Mobility

Another big issue from GRAW 1 that still pre vales in GRAW 2 is the injury aspect. When you get shot you can still run like the wind, no limping, no slowing down and no wounded rabbit effects. From the start of Ghost recon that is one key feature that made a difference to play style. You did not run about, as the chance of being clipped was high.

please make a difference to mobility when hit.....

All the sounds in the game sound normal except for the one coming from my gun. Im using the on board sound on my asus motherboard and a USB headset. it could be vista doing some funky things too. It does that for my game Lockon it has a wierd sound glitch thats only for players on vista.

Ok it is exactly what i'm looking for - it is a 2d sound driver issue oon that card. We'll look at that card - and we'll have it fixed for the release.

Thanks!

Bo

To add to this I have creative SB XFI and a few others to have posted at Ubi.

Problem

Demo don't save user soundcard setting "X-Fi" and "Extreme" every game restart it goes back to "Hardware" and "High"

Wont save in xml.

Cheers

I have an Xfi also but in the demo i dont see it listed like in the beta or in GRAW1... All i see is Software, Hardware, and SB XFi Audio [0000]. Selecting SV XFi Audio doesn't give me any options where as in GRAW1 I have choices. Not sure if thats a bug or intentional though.

Good:

Being able to use emplaced 50 cal machine gun(hope it's like that in SP and COOP)

Sweet Guns

Night Vision seems to be better

Smoke Grenades

Nice guns

Guns sound sweet

Bad:

Not being able to customize my guns by myself(Probably change in the full version of the game)

Gun Sound is muffled from time to time.

Can't stand that little orange dot when you hit somebody. Helpful but it gets in the way

Keep getting kicked from servers due to connection issues. Never happened to me in the first one. And I have a 6 meg cable connection with comcast. It will probably get fixed in the later version or I'll just stick to SP/COOP.

GREAT:

The GRIN intro slogan. Love the music.

Positive no silencer, it was a team mate (BDA) showing me the 3 planks sticking up and how they snap into when shot.

I cant wait to find you in a server and start killing you again. The m14 is really good now that the zoom in speed is decent now >:)

Haha I should be used to being Killed.

No Problem Ducky I will be in the BDA server. ( I think I live there)

We are always up and you are welcome to visit and play!!!!!

www.TheBeerDrinkingAssassins.com

I think you misunderstood.

Dedicated files will be supplied at RELEASE of the game. So they can be used without the game but released at that point in time. Any person can use them.

Yes?

Bo

Bo, dedicated files really need to be released for the demo. ATM pretty much all the dedicated servers are full. So we really need more. Not only that but people in aus/nz have to play on 250ms+ servers because you havent set any up down here. Normaly our gaming networks Internode, Gamearena, OGN, Netspace etc would run dedicated servers but they cant do so without the files.

If you cant release some dedi server files for the demo can you atleast organise more servers and some servers in aus. The above networks would be more then happy to put dedicated servers up - and im sure they'd sign contracts to guarantee the files wouldnt be released.

Maybe I missed it. Is there any kind of dedicated server - even from the in game menus?

Just curious if they paid attention to the issues with the demo and release of GRAW1 regarding hosting or not..

Seems like no lessons were learned in this regards. I cannot figure out why they have again decided to make it difficult for teams to provide dedicated servers. Once again we're in a situation where if we want to try to put up a 24/7 public demo server and pull players to the game and our teams we have to have a "zombie" player in the server on a hosting box. I have to say I'm REALLY disappointed. :wall:

I rememberd reading somewhere around here or some...oh yeah, here was a post that was said that

GRAW2 will have dedicated files AND files to allow for people to host games via their IP on release it was said.

Good:

Not being able to customize my guns by myself(Probably change in the full version of the game)

That’s the most heard of on the Bad side I've been hearing on ventrilo for almost 5 hours now. :blink:

My only gripe so far for MP is TDM having limited spawns... Seems odd to play Team DEATHMATCH with only a few spawns per person. It kind of takes the death match out of... TDM. I could somewhat understand if it were giving rewards such as, an unlock… like the Veterancy system but it’s not or at least the rounds I did really well in I didn’t get anything for staying alive. A server side option to change the spawn limit would be nice if it’s not already in there.

Other things are bugs but I am sure they will take care of them in time.

Good:

That’s the most heard of on the Bad side I've been hearing on ventrilo for almost 5 hours now. :blink:

My only gripe so far for MP is TDM having limited spawns... Seems odd to play Team DEATHMATCH with only a few spawns per person. It kind of takes the death match out of... TDM. I could somewhat understand if it were giving rewards such as, an unlock… like the Veterancy system but it’s not or at least the rounds I did really well in I didn’t get anything for staying alive. A server side option to change the spawn limit would be nice if it’s not already in there.

That setting is in there.

Good:

That setting is in there.

Your my Hero!!! w00t

Now just wait till I see you in a Server :gun:;)

The black building/objects are fixed and the new environmental effects are great :D .These were my main issues with the beta and i'm happy that they are fixed. The demo is more balanced and it's great that the demolition player doesn't have grenades and has only 2 rocket launcher shots. I was playing for almost 3 hours and oh boy,i really enjoyed it. Great job GRIN,this is indeed a great game :)

Great game Grin. I'm one of those sceptics that's really hard to please and I've been having a blast. Much more fun that the original GRAW thus far. One of my only complaints, and it's been mentioned before, is you really need to implement filters or at least have the ability to click the PING, MAP, ect... in the MP screen so that it is easier to sort things out.

IMO this game is leagues above GRAW. The graphics and sounds are awesome...especially the sounds.

BTW, been gone for a long time, GRAW really didn't do it for me. Good to see a lot of familiar faces still around.

viiiper... remember me? I got on Vent and helped you with your SLI setup for the original GRAW. Upgraded to an 88OO GTX since then and I must say, it plays this incredibly at 16:10 @1920x1200!

Um, i cant hear my own weapons gunshots :s Everyone elses loud and clear, and all my reload sounds are there, just not my gunshots :( Help ?

I have that too. It seems it's a problem with certain sound cards. For feedback purposes please give us the name of your sound card. If you have onboard sound then please give us the name of your motherboard.

Mine is ASUS A8N5X. Is anybody having connection problems cause with me it's like I find a good server, complete one round and next thing I know I get kicked for a connection timeout. And yeah I'm also having the problem with the sound. Not sure about my friend's but he's having the same problems. And my friend is using an icemat sound card or something like that. Called c-media USB headphone set. Not too sure. But I'm using a USB headset that's plugged into a buddy HUB and the HUB is plugged into the front USB port. I'm sure they'll fix all this by the time the full game's out. They can probably do it with a patch. As for the connection errors I'm not sure. Could be on my end but I doubt it. Could just be the fact that I've never played with more than 2 other players at once since I'm a SP/COOP person. Anyways, these are small potatoes and I think GRIN did a great job. All I gotta say to BO is keep that GRIN intro cause it is catchy. I always catch myself doin a little dance when I hear the music.

Um, i cant hear my own weapons gunshots :s Everyone elses loud and clear, and all my reload sounds are there, just not my gunshots :( Help ?

I have that too. It seems it's a problem with certain sound cards. For feedback purposes please give us the name of your sound card. If you have onboard sound then please give us the name of your motherboard.

bo already said they were looking into this. :)