The worst gaming experience than ever

I'm very angry tonight! :angry: I'm trying to play with my clanmates for about 2 hours now, but all I got was the worst experience of my online gaming life (about four years). All disconnects and "waiting for the server"s!!! :angry: Very very very disappointed :angry: Hope this got fixed, now all I can do is put GRAW on the shelf. Sorry, but I have to share my bad experience with someone :(

I'm very angry tonight! :angry: I'm trying to play with my clanmates for about 2 hours now, but all I got was the worst experience of my online gaming life (about four years). All disconnects and "waiting for the server"s!!! :angry: Very very very disappointed :angry: Hope this got fixed, now all I can do is put GRAW on the shelf. Sorry, but I have to share my bad experience with someone :(

My worst was BF2. Go figure.

My worst was BF2. Go figure.

Mine happens when playing GRAW in SP and cursing everything GRiN for not giving us a Quick Save function.

The game works just fine for hundreds of people, who play every night.

If you have a problem and need it sorted, post in the correct forum, with the details, as posted in various ares in the Tech section.

With 1.21 and the Beta I have no disconnect problems, and yes, even for me, the game worked just fine. I have already posted in the tech section, but for the details I can't say too much because this happens randomly and nevere with the same game mode.

Edited by CSF_Manti

If you have a slower server and the clients load into the next map WAY before the server, they will disconnect. The clients that are slower won't even notice that fact that it takes the server forever because they're just as slow <_<

If you're doing a Serve and Play, its best to have the guy with the fastest computer host. If that doesn't work, just use a dedicated server on a decent box. When we coop I run a dedicated on a 2600+ box and it loads way before the clients (I set all the graphics to lowest and all textures managed to false). The SADS files will work even better, too.

Poorly set up servers can cause many problems as has been reported before.

Some people here are working on a server set up guide to improve this side of the game.

Correct server config is a key element in good online play.

No offence Colin, but I had to pick this up.

I hope those you refer too that are "working on a server setup guide" which should of come with the standalone server, are THE GRIN as they have first hand information seeing they made the server. I laugh :lol: it's a bit like getting a new microwave oven with no manual, everyone knows you turn the knob or set the time and press START but what do all the other buttons do. Grin get into 2nd gear !! get a manual sorted, you drive what few players, crazy.

For me, finding servers with low pings is not a problem, but its quite boring to play alone. All servers with people in, are located in US or some where far anyways, when my ping in not tolerable >130.

I've also got loads of those disconnects and many kind of crashes since 1.3. I can live with those, but lack of players is something else. I'm not going to spend my nights playing, I sleep that time and wake up 5.30 every morning.

For me, finding servers with low pings is not a problem, but its quite boring to play alone. All servers with people in, are located in US or some where far anyways, when my ping in not tolerable >130.

I've also got loads of those disconnects and many kind of crashes since 1.3. I can live with those, but lack of players is something else. I'm not going to spend my nights playing, I sleep that time and wake up 5.30 every morning.

where are u from?

EU servers are full in the evenings also, though BDA usually tops the ranks. I've played on BDA and AFZ with pings in 200 having little trouble with it. Though I play the BPR/KFORF server the most.... hope to see you again sometime.

:blink:

I thought the same thing OlivierReed :D

Add me to the list as well. "Hundreds" is a telling tale, since "hundreds of thousands" have been sold. Not such a good ratio, IMHO.

If you have a problem and need it sorted, post in the correct forum, with the details, as posted in various ares in the Tech section.

With 1.21 and the Beta I have no disconnect problems, and yes, even for me, the game worked just fine. I have already posted in the tech section, but for the details I can't say too much because this happens randomly and nevere with the same game mode.

He did indeed post it in the tech section as I also posted in the same topic. I'm pretty much having the same 'Waiting For Server' issue that he is.

I am trying to host a LAN game (play and host). My computer is very capable [Athlon 64 X2 4800+, 2GB OCZ Platinum Rev. 2, MSI X1800XT 512MB, 2 Western Digital Raptors in RAID0] and I have a fairly good upload speed of 2mb. (This line is dedicated to gaming only...I have a separate line for internet browsing for everyone else in the household.)

When clients try to join they get stuck at the waiting for server screen for a good 5-10 minutes before they finally disconnect. A few connections attempts and 15 minutes later, one of the clients may actually get into the game. (This is in [GR] coop, haven't tested other game modes yet)

If you're doing a Serve and Play, its best to have the guy with the fastest computer host. If that doesn't work, just use a dedicated server on a decent box. When we coop I run a dedicated on a 2600+ box and it loads way before the clients (I set all the graphics to lowest and all textures managed to false). The SADS files will work even better, too.

I shall try setting up a dedicated server tonight and see if it works any better. Similar box (Athlon xp 2600+, 1GB Kington HyperX)

I also get dropped by any server after anywhere from 1-3 rounds. And if you are on team speak, you can hear the symphony of "I got dropped too." That, to me, seems like it's more than just the individual person having problems. It doesn't seem to matter what mode or what server, or what ping. It's unfortunate, because this type of frustrating experience will just drive people away and then the game dies. It's also inexcusable. Imagine buying a car that works fine when you are in your driveway, but when you try to drive in traffic, it won't go more than a mile without dying. Who would defend the auto maker? I like the GRIN team, they did great with 90% of the game, they seem like nice folks and they are very helpful with modders, but they NEED to get this working or the game will die.

Of course, according to BOTA:X, my computer might just be too fast to play online, if he's right and the reason I get kicked is I load the levels faster than the server. :blink: Whodathunk I'd need to slow my rig down to play?

I also get dropped by any server after anywhere from 1-3 rounds. And if you are on team speak, you can hear the symphony of "I got dropped too." That, to me, seems like it's more than just the individual person having problems. It doesn't seem to matter what mode or what server, or what ping. It's unfortunate, because this type of frustrating experience will just drive people away and then the game dies. It's also inexcusable.

It's the filechecker (AC) causing most of the disconnects (time-out I think). To reduce the massive drops, admins need to turn off the AC until a patch arrives that fixes it...

Not the best solution, I know, but...

:blink:

I thought the same thing OlivierReed :D

Add me to the list as well. "Hundreds" is a telling tale, since "hundreds of thousands" have been sold. Not such a good ratio, IMHO.

I also thought the same thing, should be thousands. BUT a few of us play thru Hamaci still, so the count is off.(a pinprick)

How do you count the numbers? i just came off the lobby and lucky to have 125 people. maybe I'm not on dirung the heavy times but geez, the last five times i was in lobby, I saw maximum 150. alot of servers 0/32 or 0/??. alot of goose eggs.

I don't know if you guys had notice, but everytime people get kick their ping go thru the roof, I wonder if the server files need tweeking handling bandwidth

Tested last night... turn off the AC, no disconnects except GL bug. Pings were more stable and lower also.

Yah it appears the file checking at the beginning of the map causes a lot more bandwidth to be used than normal. Turning off AC is not really a great option at all unless we're talking about a passworded server where you only play with friends that you trust.

Someone (I think GRIN) made an announcement a few weeks ago not to set the Bandwidth setting too high or the Anti Cheat would cause disconnects...could be whats happening in this case.

Edited by BOTA:X