Proposition to Ubi/GRIN

Ok, since playing the demo and finding there are solutions, I found myself liking the new game play.

Sine I'm more optimistic than others and, I'm trying to avoid what Ubi has done with GR2 (got cancelled) after they realized they screwed up and decided to cancel instead of fixing it,

So, I have deal to propose:

In showing of good faith, that I am interested and willing to pay, I have bought the game.

But I have not installed it. I have not opened the wrappings. I have the receipt taped to the box.

In 30 days, I and others (who like to participate contructively) would like to see some kind of progress, that UBI/GRIN are making fixes/patches and I and interested partys that visits GR.NET would like to see and comment on contructively---no whinning.

We would like to see weekly progress and updates.

In the end of 30-days, I and others would have a choice of:

1) keeping the game

2) return the game and re-buy it to extend the 30-days, giving 30-days extensions to gamers and UBI/GRIN to show good faith.

3) return and buy other games that directly competes with UBI, i.e. COD2 or Armed Assault.

wishest and additions are already posted in this forum started by Colin.

Please keep it civil and respectful. If you can't, go here

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad Idea my 2 copies look to be shipping tomorrow(finally... :wall:) unfortunately they already have my money so unless I just send it back in the post, too late. But I too am optimistic.

I mean it may be a bit premature tho as the GRIN boys may not even be settled back in yet from their vacation and Im hopeful they will be able to wade thru all our postings and get some good feedback and in turn give US some feedback on our issues and their solutions/plans etc. I mean you KNOW we wont get any info from Ubi, better luck getting blood from a stone....

Edited by LT.INSTG8R

I was going to do the same actually.

But instead of sending it back...

I was going to ###### in the box; tape it up and send it to grin with a nice letter expressing my frustration with GRAW.

-30 more days...

Why bother buying in the first place?

When you buy, it shows on their sales graph. Now when you return it back, there's loss, minor, but still its a loss.

You have their attention.

You don't buy, you don't count in their sales graph.

You post a complaint or whine about it, some guy in the PR dept hears/reads about it, stratigize a spin, then maybe it keeps whiners at bay.

You get the Accounting Dept. Thats a different story. Accountings joins the Monday briefing on what the weekend sales was, regardless its was a sale or return of merchandise.

PR department is only invited in the meetings when the sales graph is on the downslope.

Makes sense?

So when you don't buy, your not one of the numbers/stats on the Monday meeting.

:thumbsup:

Right there with you Ledanek.

As my sig states, I can't run GRAW on my current PC. Sob story, I know. [jedi-mind-trick]Send donations to me![jedi-mind-trick/].

:starwars:

I bought GRAW as a sign of faith. Even though there appears to be tech issues now and my wife is seriously horrified at the amount of cash I'll have to lay down just to play this game (MAJOR upgrade), I believe GRIN will come through and make everything right.

If by some freakish reason things don't improve in the next 3-6 months, I'll send GRIN my unopened copy with a nice little note since I probably won't be able to return it by then. :brucelee:

I showed my optimism by buying the game and support GRIN's future efforts for patches/addons. I think if you truly want this game to be what it can be, this is the best way to help it happen. Just my .02.

Oh...and if I bought a game and didn't open it, my wife would kick my ass.

Edited by Druac_Blaise

thanks for your support Druac_Blaise

:grin1:

I bought the game from a shop called Gamestation (UK). They said they can't give me a refund, but they can swap it for another title :wall: The minimum and recommened spec on the back of the box are way off what I need to play the game.

I'd have preferred a frank approach saying that the game was only for top of the range extreme machines rather than videos showing the game on "medium settings" and minimum specs that make the game look and run like its using my TNT2 at times.

Can you honestly expect me to believe that one patch in what, around 4 weeks time is going to solve this :nono: without creating even more problems?

As it stands though, any fixes will be appreciated.

thanks.

PS - wheres the other coop mode that was mentioned way back? The one that wasn't just teh four man co-op? Or did I imagine the whole thing? :whistle:

while i can understand your frustration with some aspects of the game, this seems to me like a form of extortion which jeopardizes the link between grin and the community, weak as it is already. coming from other games, i never encountered the "gimme gimme" attitude that ghost recon seems to cause in its community before. all this loyalty and conservativity regarding the series also makes it very difficult for developers to please the community. bogrin has already left gr.net, which is quite a shame but understandable. maybe it wasn't meant to be...

yes you are right but i want to get the message across that this isnt worth my hard earned cash yet , and as the devs and mods know hacked copies are very easy to come by...

my point is make me WANT to buy it.

Edited by whc.demo

I showed my optimism by buying the game and support GRIN's future efforts for patches/addons. I think if you truly want this game to be what it can be, this is the best way to help it happen. Just my .02.

Oh...and if I bought a game and didn't open it, my wife would kick my ass.

Who says my wife hasn't already kicked my ass...Oh, behave!