MP Wishlist

Seeing how many people are dismayed by the fact that MP is crap, I think the

next step is to tell GRIN what we DO want and what we DONT want.

Ok so please write down and accurately describe your comments.

Please be mature about it. GRIN could use this information to make us the

MP FPS game that we always wanted. Therefore it is also important NOT to

comment on what others would like to see. Just keep this thread as clean as

possible so GRIN can get all the information they need without having to weed

out the BS.

MY WISHES:

--- More diversity in colours.

It is boring to constantly look at yellow stuff all the time.

--- More diversity in terrain types.

Get some mountains, Aztec buildings, forrests, plains, etc etc.

Just urban just wont do it justice. Remember, MP doesn't need to have

anything to do with the SP. Therefore it doesn't matter if they don't have

anything to do with the storyline.

--- More gametypes.

Take a look at the original GR and at least copy the gametypes they had

there. They are (yes, still) great fun so they should deffinately have their

place in GR:AW.

--- Replays.

I know we were told that it was impossible to incorperate this, but I just plainly

CANNOT see how this would be impossible to incorperate.

Just log the keystate changes for each character and map how far (in time)

they are appart. And yes, this is deffinately a must-have. If it wasn't for anti-

cheat purposes, it's because it's fun to watch them anyway.

--- Anti-Cheat.

Nowadays cheats kill MP games fast, real fast. This is why companies like PunkBuster make a lot of money. It is neccesary to ensure the games survival.

Why would you as GRIN and UBI want the game to survive? Because you can then

sell us expansion packs.

--- The Counterstrike style weapons buying.

This will DEFFINATELY have to go. Nobody wants GR to be like CS. Use the

GR1 style. It is ridiculous to say that soldiers have to buy their own weapons.

Furthermore, it limits matchplay to just two weapons which plainly isn't enough.

--- Gamespy.

Please get rid of GameSpy. I don't know anybody who likes to use it (anymore).

We should be able to enter an IP (and port) and hit join. Personal estimate: The

large majority of people is computer literate enough to do this.

Please everyone add as you see fit and remember: In the end it is us who will

pick the fruits from this effort! So keep the thread CLEAN of BS and chatting.

Edited by CkZWarlord

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more detail in the game browser:

we need to know what options are on in each game

who's playing in each game

what mod is in use (if mod support does exist)

also, we need to be able to filter based on all of these options.

options to hide password protected, full servers and empty servers.

Edited by zwitherow

I completely agree with you Warlord.

My additions:

- All Seeing Eye support

- More weapons

- Diesel Engine optimizations

But the most critical issues remain a proper AC, replays and more gametypes.

I went to a friends and tried the game (post my demo experience) on MP. When Bo claimed the Dom mode was nothing like BF2, he must have been talking about the lack of bunny hoping and vehicles, b/c there are the EXACT SAME CONCEPT...CAPTURE THE FLAG, along with the weak "buying" with tactical points.

I know Grin says they will fix the MP in June...time will tell of course...Bo, were you in Amsterdam when thought up the domination mode? It is horrible...

Fix the bugged movement:

- Pronebug

- Toggle-less peeking - like CoD

- The delay when standing up (when prone, and pressing 2 x 'V' you should be able to stand up completely. Now we have to wait till you reached crouch-mode to go up another stance)

- Rightpeek is bugged after strafing (doesn't work, if you peek left immediatly after strafing there is nothing wrong)

- Remove Insane Run-strafing speed?!

- probably more...

Maps:

Take a look at GhostRecon 1 maps, check out maps like Wilderness or Tank. Maps don't have to be uberrealistic and almost a exact copy from something in the real world. GRAW maps aren't very good for competitive play, they're too complex and too big.

What about all those useless dead-ends, alleys and dozens and dozens of little camp/hiding spots. It doesn't matter where you look, the maps look at the same. We need diversity, give us a little park somewhere or add a huge Hotel or something somewhere.

The huge heightdifference in GRAW's map is beautifull, but again just crappy for competitive play. Avenues without those balconies would be better i think, and then all those chaotic things around the market/square in the middle ..You lose overview.

When i peek around a corner and look into a square or street i want to see immediatly if there is someone or not, Ok.. 1 or 2 little doorways/ or small alleys is acceptable. But now we have atleast 20 hidingspots and another 10 cars on the road, 5 palmtrees, 10 shadow'd spots and... and... and... the rest.. in 1 street0. There is wayyyy to much cover i think. It's almost a challenge to find a open spot somewhere and die. We need to be able to lockdown an area, it's almost impossible now when some SHIFT-Keying Rambos ......

Good maps shouldn't be extremely detailed or complex, ask around what GR1's best and most played maps were... some are nothing more then a landscape with some trees or a landscape at night with a couple of houses.

( Shooting overall is a bit harder now i think, compared with GR1. So more open spots/roads etc would fix this, but instead we have more cover everywhere.. )

Weapons

Those 4 dots (reticule) around my crosshair.. they seem to lag behind / are delayed all the time. Looks really weird to me.

Internet / server

We need to customize our servers, we need options, we need an adminscreen, replays, ac.

Ah well.. HH/LMS maps [also smaller ones] / fixed movement is most important, and admin-options/replays.

Hoping for a 1gb sized patch :shifty:

(some parts of my post are a bit sarcastic/ over the top, just fyi)

I was thinking of doing a topic like this myself but I was worried one already existed so I will add my thoughts to this one. Some of these will have already been said by the OP i'm sure but i'm in a hurry so don't have time to go through them all yet.

Ways to improve domination:

It's evident that a lot of thought has gone into the one main mp mode out there and it would be a shame to just leave it as it is, so i've contributed my thoughts to improving this excellent mode.

Spawn points at different areas:

This is something which I feel definately needs adding due to the fact that you can be running for quite a while without actually even running into anybody. On a few of the maps like downtown or avenues, you could be walking quite a bit without any action at all apart from picking off the odd camper. I also feel that getting the spawns needs to add some tactical advantage other than trying to take them all.

Different win conditions:

Currently, the only ways to win are to take all the areas, kill everyone a set number of times or wait until the timer runs out, if domination is to succeed with the online community and offer such large open-ended maps, it needs some extra win conditions to ensure the smoothness of the mode in general. I really don't want to keep using the BF series as an example but the best condition to add, would be a points system where you get so many points for the length you can hold an area.

Buying Hotkeys:

I don't know if you plan on having people buy weapons in the DM mode when it's released but I will add it under the Domination section anyway... but I think you need a way to allow people to set hotkeys for their weapon choices as eventhough it isn't hard to keep doing it, it does get tedious to add the scope everytime .

New MP Modes:

VIP/Hostage:

I think this idea originally came from cs back before valve bought it but I could be wrong. Basically what you have to do, is get a VIP to an extraction point (like in SWAT 4 too!) This would be a great idea to implement as you would have to rely heavily on teamwork to accomplish this. The other mode I meantioned is hostage which would basically be like in cs today where one group guards him while another has to free him, I think a mode like this would be very well suited to the large maps that are on offer at the moment. It could also be implemented into the VIP mode where you first have to free him and then take him to an extraction point, doing this would alter the roles of the two teams too to keep it interesting.

Bomb placement:

Kind of similar to the cs mode I guess where the objective is to plant bombs to take out key areas of a map, whether it be vehicles or that all important guard tower. This mode could work on both large and small maps, large maps where you have to bomb multiple areas which would add more tactical depth and smaller maps for one bombing target.

Tbh, I could go on for a while copying other game modes but I feel that these two would be the best for adding new elements to the gameplay and fit the GR setting.

New Gameplay Additions:

Squads:

It's something i'm suprised wasn't added in domination but there should be a way for squads to have proper usage with the squad leader and such. Like the ability to see through their cross com thingie and giving each other orders. I think as well as your teamates showing up for the squad leader, you should also be able to communicate with your other leaders and probably make use of the overhead map by adding waypoints.

Pistols:

A secondary weapon would be nice to have, i'm sure it's relatively realistic to carry a second firearm and it's really annoying when you're reloading and someone shoots at you from close up.

Well I could probably go on forever about some great things to add but things such as different map areas instead of mexico and such, can be added in expansions (which I hope GRIN are going to do.)

One last thing I wil point out though is that I feel that the current maps are not designed for DM and they either need to changed significantly to make them smaller and less open ended, or new maps will be needed.

What I would like is:

-MP maps that aren't urban. I like those Desert/Forest maps, like in GR1. Widespread maps are fun with matching on. Some good old school GR1 maps would be cool too. Docks would be nice.

-Possibly a few more weapons, maybe 3-4.

-Anti-Cheat, that is a must.

-A few more MP Gametypes, like DM. But DM is supposably coming next patch :D .

If they optimize the engine it will go a long way towards making GRAW a 9 or 10/10.

Sitting back in the chair and pointing with the finger on other peoples work is a really hard job! But we all know you could do it better :rocky:

Bad post mate..I hope you meant it sarcastically? But POINTING the finger is exactly what we need to do! We are the CUSTOMERS and it is more than just our RIGHT to ask for more, infact, I see it as our DUTY!

How else will the 'product' we have purchased ever develop?

I reckon the lack of IP connected games is one of the biggest areas needing attention.

But add to this the lack of MP modes and maps.

GRAW's map is beautifull, but again just crappy for competitive play. Avenues without those balconies would be better i think, and then all those chaotic things around the market/square in the middle ..You lose overview.

When i peek around a corner and look into a square or street i want to see immediatly if there is someone or not, Ok.. 1 or 2 little doorways/ or small alleys is acceptable. But now we have atleast 20 hidingspots and another 10 cars on the road, 5 palmtrees, 10 shadow'd spots and... and... and...

I think I disagree here. I like the idea of more realism in having maps littered with stuff. The art of discerning the enemy from the rest is going to add to the MP gaming experience I hope. The BIG issue is with so much of the scenery is interactive. This is causing huge problems for those of us with graphics cards that have less than 512 RAM. Maybe toning the interactivity down will balance things up a bit?

Also about the high places on the map. As this is more of a problem in SP campaign mode. I don't think it is something to worry about in MP?? Because you cannot get up into those rooftop spots where the enemy AI is during SP campaign, right?

Anti-cheat is a MUST. We simply NEED replays and AC. To go on without it will be the END of this game for the hardcore GR1 community. If you the developers etc. did not want this game to have AC then they should never have made it for PC and simply stuck to giving it to the xbox crowd! IF AC is not supported by the developers for this version then the game is sunk right now. As most of the laddering clans and communities will not PLAY!

Sitting back in the chair and pointing with the finger on other peoples work is a really hard job! But we all know you could do it better  :rocky:

If I thought I could do it better I'd say so. Now in my line of work I can do it better than the majority of people in my trade.

And maybe you better lip off to the rest of the people saying the same thing about optimizing the code. Unless you're gonna try and tell me that the game runs as good as you think it should considering everything else out there right now.

BTW, you ever worked on a game or mod? I have.

Edited by ruggbutt

----Anti-Cheat:

I would like to see Punkbuster. In house anti-cheat just don't work. With PB you can add checks, a cheat comes out one day, busted the next. Streaming servers just add so much to PB. http://www.punksbusted.com

----Demo's

I don't think we will every see replays again like in GR, but demo's should be added. Only problem here maybe the use of PPU cards, but ladders can limit the use for matches. *These settings can be checked with PB.

----Server Files

I havn't seen an official word(or I missed it), but they are badly needed. I want 100% control over server settings. /rcon controls....I want to be able to ban using guids and not just IP, which is worthless. Something that will work with an 8mb video card.

I really like the game play, it's just sad about the MP side. I hope the patch coming in June will give us the above, but I don't think it will.

Well, have been waiting for this game for some time.. ever since vU formally stopped playing GR1 competetive.

GRAW pros:

* Graphics are very nice on my high-end-comp. (this is second to feeling at all times!)

* Enjoy the feeling of the game. Guns, control of movement and so on.

* Maps. Complex, hard to overview, and just enjoyable cause you will need teammates! No rambo-success = GR-style

GRAW cons:

* Server have no ability to even kick players that behave badly? Pls take a look at ROGUE SPEAR or if we have to stay with less, GR1. GIVE SERVER-admin FULL CONTROL!

* MP-gaming is everything for a game. Give us LastManStanding and HamburgerHill from GR1 and we are happy. Let domination stay were it belongs, at BF2!

* Its talk about physics.. but how well do you run with a bullet in your leg? How well do you aim with a bullet in your arm? How good do you breath after getting shot in the chest, with or without armor? Even GR1 anno 2001 handled this!

* Physics, wood-palisades (there are more objects than that too..) does NOT stop bullets. Not 5.56, not 9mm.

* Get rid of the buy-weapons-issue. Leave CS alone, this is NOT CS. (I dearly hope you realise that GR is edge cause of realism in gameplay?)

* GameSpy? Did they pay best or how could you even consider Gamespy???? Give us ASE-support and IP-connecting!

* Replays? Forgot about them? vU always delivered replays of our matches in GR1, even b4 it was rule.

* And Anti-Cheat, now. 95% of all players are skilled and dedicated. Lets put the last 5% to rest. Punkbuster?

Edited by Korpen.vU

Well, have been waiting for this game for some time.. ever since vU formally stopped playing GR1 competetive.

GRAW pros:

* Graphics are very nice on my high-end-comp. (this is second to feeling at all times!)

* Maps. Complex, hard to overview, and just enjoyable cause you will need teammates! No rambo-success = GR-style

GRAW cons:

* Server have no ability to even kick players that behave badly? Pls take a look at ROGUE SPEAR or if we have to stay with less, GR1. GIVE SERVER-admin FULL CONTROL!

* MP-gaming is everything for a game. Give us LastManStanding and HamburgerHill from GR1 and we are happy. Let domination stay were it belongs, at BF2!

* Its talk about physics.. but how well do you run with a bullet in your leg? How well do you aim with a bullet in your arm? How good do you breath after getting shot in the chest, with or without armor? Even GR1 anno 2001 handled this!

* Physics, wood-palisades (there are more objects than that too..) does NOT stop bullets. Not 5.56, not 9mm.

* Get rid of the buy-weapons-issue. Leave CS alone, this is NOT CS. (I dearly hope you realise that GR is edge cause of realism in gameplay?)

* GameSpy? Did they pay best or how could you even consider Gamespy???? Give us ASE-support and IP-connecting!

* Replays? Forgot about them? vU always delivered replays of our matches in GR1, even b4 it was rule.

* And Anti-Cheat, now. 95% of all players are skilled and dedicated. Lets put the last 5% to rest. Punkbuster?

Yes, yes and YES!

Gotta laugh about the comments on the physics! LOL After going with what is turning out to be a monumental WASTE of time supporting some dodgy new technology like PPU's, the physics cannot handle the fact that if I'm shooting through a thin wooden slatted fence at an enemy I can CLEARLY see crouching behind it, my bullets cannot PENETRATE! <begin_sarcasm>GREAT PHYSICS guys! Well done with that..you must be proud?</begin_sarcasm>

1. Get rid of the chat window, it clutters the screen. Chat should be like in [GR], no windows.

2. Make the peak an optional toggle just like the scope toggle is optional.

3. Make tracers once every 3 shots instead of every shot. Its not realistic and it looks like were using laser guns.

4. Fix the gamespy create account bugs, you have to hit enter after typing or it won't recognize that you entered any text.

5. Add forested/rural maps and team LMS.

6. Give us binoculars with a 10x zoom. The Red dots aren't enough.

7. Give us some more sniper rifles, such as the M14, M107, and oh yeah the XM109!! :santa:

8. Allow for multiple respawns in COOP

9. Add the M468 and the OICW

10. Fix the typo that says the M8 holds 50 rounds (as a secondary wep)

11. Allow us to zoom in the MP maps whether on domination or on TDM. The map is way too small. Also give us grids on the MP map.

12. Color code your squad members. Right now there's no use to be in a squad other than being able to pay 500 to spawn on your leader, it helps when u know where he is at. Make all squad members blue or something on the map cuz right now, all your squad members are the same color and shape as everyone else. In [GR] they had Letters, I will settle for letters, shapes, or colors, just something to keep tabs on them.

13. Add replays for MP

14. Allow servers to ban/kick players in the server waiting room like in [GR]

15. Fix the EAX 3D sounds, most of the time they are way too distant sounding even when they're really right beside you. (I have a Audigy 2 ZS Gamer so its not me) and sometimes they don't work properly.

16. Give us a map button in MP that shows us a large zoomable gridded map like in the single player/coop, but with grids and color code our squad members.

17. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Do those 17 things and I will be in love with this game.

Hi guys

I've played with a few buddies on Ventrilo

and i can say that teamwork is alot better than just running around alone

But for squad members that were not on Vent been in the squad was useless since no other way than to write in the chatbox

But to be efficient a squad needs to communicate

Squad leaders should give waypoints or target to theire squad its a minimum

Been able to say a few phrases would be just better like Cover me or in positions stuff like that

Been able to target an ennemy so other team mates can see them

For teamplay its better to be in a squad but you need to communicate

If we cant there is no need for a squad

Also one thing,

I thought squad leaders could carry a drone over there head and call for air support but as a surprise its only in Campaign mode but to have that in MP would be awsome

But before all that,

We need those server files

to be able to admin a server and all we need to run it properly

We need an anti cheat system

We need a color to determine youre squad members so you can regroup easily

Squad leaders should give waypoints or target to theire squad its a minimum

Before adding up maps and guns and modes it would be better to have a good Domination MP Mode and after,

add new stuff

First off, let me say.. I am loving it.. it grows more and more on me everyday..

Just a few things on the wish list, other then the obvious..(more maps etc...)

-Click sound when out of ammo and need to reload

-Map grid for giving directions

-don't get kicked from Co_op mode when Team leader dies .. I am tired of restarting the server each time

That's all for now..

Thanks again GRIN ... you put a smile on my face :yes:

Edited by IrishStout

More things I would like to see added:

- Low requirements dedicated server software (IE: will run great without

the physx card and monstrously expensive vid card etc etc, nobody wants to spend $3000 on having a dedicated server per year)

- Built in option for rebooting the server (password required of course)

- When more maps do get added a way to set which maps will be played

in what order would be VERY nice.

-Stand Alone Dedicated Server Files capable of running integrated gfx

-Anti-cheat w/screenshot capabilities, replays or demos

-All the server options in GR1

-Kick/Ban by GUID/CD-Key

-The original game types from GR1

-Mix of map environments

-Spectate Mode

GRAW pros:

GRAW cons:

Hmm, forgot something.. Are the soldiers of 2013 running around in heavy divers shoes? They must have forgotten how to make rubber for boots. Im sure, cause it sounds like it.. :blink:

-Good servers

-Anticheat

-Some sort of INGAME communication. The chat box is so overloaded with who shot who you'd never be able to read a message. Some kind of quick key comms or something would help. VOIP would be superb.

-Some way of knowing when I'm getting shot besides the little static. Sometimes I don't even hear shots or bullet impacts. I just get a little fuzz. Am I losing my reception or getting shot? I don't seem to hear many bullet impacts at all.

-Some long range sniper maps!

-In the opposite direction, perhaps also some more localized maps, either smaller, or with less objectives so that I spend less time running around and more time engaging the enemy.

-Maybe change the look of the enemy? Typically not a problem because the diamonds are there, but if a friendly is standing behind an enemy it's hard to tell who the teammate is and who teh enemy is.

-Sometimes it seems like people are gliding around the map. They're feet are going like crazy but they aren't lining up with the ground. also sometimes I think I'm getting shot by someone who appears to be facing the other direction. Glitches?

There's more, but these are the most notable for me.

Edited by Ghost9