MP Wishlist

1-

-Some sort of INGAME communication. The chat box is so overloaded with who shot who you'd never be able to read a message. Some kind of quick key comms or something would help. VOIP would be superb.

I agree

2-More maps (I like the ones already, but more), more game types. How about insertions, extractions. Make it to extraction from enemy players, Defend area from other players.

3-Binoculars

4-Remove dead bodies. They pile up all over the place.

5- How about Night Maps?

6-FlashBangs?

7- Change look of apposing players. Terminator (T-800)?..na..j/k

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Dedicated Server Files (with a robust admin system that allows for the following…AT THE VERY LEAST)

* PlayerList (lists all players including their IP addresses and a temp ID tied to their Server Key)

* PlayerIDBan (bans the player using the CD Key)

* PlayerIDRemove (remove CD Key from ban list)

* PlayerIDKick (kicks a player using the CD Key)

* PlayerIDsList (lists all ID’s in ban list)

* PlayerIPBan (bans the player using their IP address)

* PlayerIPRemove (remove IP address from ban list)

* PlayerIPKick (kicks a player using their IP address)

* PlayerIPsList (lists all IP’s in ban list)

* MapChange (changes to specific map in active map list)

* MapRestart (restarts the current map)

* MapNext (starts the next map in the map list)

* MapList (lists all maps in active map list)

* MapListLoad (load a saved map list)

* MapListSave (save a map list)

* MapAppend (add a map to active map list)

* MapInsert (insert a map into active map list)

* MapRemove (removes a map from active map list)

2) New game modes (such as LMS) and maps to go with them

At the very least we need LMS TvT with some appropriate maps for competition. Using existing maps are fine for large battles, but there needs to be some medium and small maps for small TvT play.

3) Changes to Domination:

* Remove buying of supplies and guns from Domination mode. Let players start out with a full kit selection. This would attract more traditional MP players to this mode.

* Keep the supply line concept, where they can change their kits if they have supply lines intact, but remove the requirement to buy them using points.

* Keep requirement to buy spawning on leader, but add other spawn points to areas under control with supply lines intact. This way we have more than one spawn point to choose from and this should discourage spawn camping or at least help the issue of spawn camping. I actually like this idea over random spawns as spawn points will change constantly.

4) Gamespy:

Gamespy server listing needs some help as there are some bugs related to it. Such as the need to hit enter and the fact it doesn’t tell you WHY an account didn’t work to login with, such as nickname already in use, etc. Also, there should be more info for the server list, such as players on the server, etc.

5) Anti-Cheat Issues:

If GRIN is going to provide anti-cheats, they need to be updated regularly and we need them ASAP. The ability to take replays would also help, as well as PB support. If all three of these were in place, this might be the best Anti-Cheat game out there.

6) Bug fixes

* Disconnects – I don’t know if this is related to no dedicated server files or if this is GRIN netcode issues, but disconnects plague the MP side of things.

* Physics bugs, such as objects bouncing all over the place. Again, not sure if this is a bandwidth issue on so-called ‘dedicated servers’ or if it is an actual bug, either way it needs to be fixed.

* Other bugs mentioned in tech support forums and here.

7) Chat Window

* This should be removed and implemented like most games where the chat text shows when something is sent to the server and then removes itself after a few seconds. Combined with weapons being onscreen, the little movies, and cross- com, it clutters the screen too much.

Chat Window

* This should be removed and implemented like most games where the chat text shows when something is sent to the server and then removes itself after a few seconds. Combined with weapons being onscreen, the little movies, and cross- com, it clutters the screen too much.

oh yeah I forgot that one.

I'd also want the ability to turn off the who shot who notification. I barely look at it as it is. Just having text on the screen would be enough without the window. Definately have it remove itself after a timed period.

Sa Server Files would be :santa:

- no graphic adapter needed

- more than one gameserver per hostystem

- [Thing that should not be spoken of here IAW Forum Rule 3.7] in drive

- assign IP & Port to each of them

- assignable beacon port for server query

- robust admin functions, kickid, banid, etc

- gamespy support ok, but bugfree and free for all

- hlsw support & rcon support over ip with assignable port

- linux would be a dream come true, but if only windows, this one

Clan-Community and Provider friendly, so the community can grow

For the game itsself nearly everthing was said before.

Thanks for attention.

Regards :whistle:

Tom-i

Edited by DjTom-i

ADD (it's a must!)

More realistic effects/punishments for being hit:

- distinct (& frightening) dull sound e.g."thud" when taking a bullet

- knock the ret./view off

- add a fall randomly (as AI do) with a probability ~1/5

As it is now, it's only a transient Halo-like flash/disturbance on the screen and an electric "whizz" sound that makes you think your screen is defect rather than being hit :wacko:

Result:

In GRAW (release version) you can still shoot great distant headshots despite being hit by a bullet a fraction of a second before :nono:-.

As now GRAW MP is an arcade game without the punishment for being hit, and I think that is why a lot of people are upset, bring back the GR-like feeling through making these changes!

Discussion thread here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...opic=34323&st=0

1) Dedicated Server Files (with a robust admin system that allows for the following…AT THE VERY LEAST)

* PlayerList (lists all players including their IP addresses and a temp ID tied to their Server Key)

* PlayerIDBan (bans the player using the CD Key)

* PlayerIDRemove (remove CD Key from ban list)

* PlayerIDKick (kicks a player using the CD Key)

* PlayerIDsList (lists all ID’s in ban list)

* PlayerIPBan (bans the player using their IP address)

* PlayerIPRemove (remove IP address from ban list)

* PlayerIPKick (kicks a player using their IP address)

* PlayerIPsList (lists all IP’s in ban list)

* MapChange (changes to specific map in active map list)

* MapRestart (restarts the current map)

* MapNext (starts the next map in the map list)

* MapList (lists all maps in active map list)

* MapListLoad (load a saved map list)

* MapListSave (save a map list)

* MapAppend (add a map to active map list)

* MapInsert (insert a map into active map list)

* MapRemove (removes a map from active map list)

2) New game modes (such as LMS) and maps to go with them

At the very least we need LMS TvT with some appropriate maps for competition. Using existing maps are fine for large battles, but there needs to be some medium and small maps for small TvT play.

3) Changes to Domination:

* Remove buying of supplies and guns from Domination mode. Let players start out with a full kit selection. This would attract more traditional MP players to this mode.

* Keep the supply line concept, where they can change their kits if they have supply lines intact, but remove the requirement to buy them using points.

* Keep requirement to buy spawning on leader, but add other spawn points to areas under control with supply lines intact. This way we have more than one spawn point to choose from and this should discourage spawn camping or at least help the issue of spawn camping. I actually like this idea over random spawns as spawn points will change constantly.

4) Gamespy:

Gamespy server listing needs some help as there are some bugs related to it. Such as the need to hit enter and the fact it doesn’t tell you WHY an account didn’t work to login with, such as nickname already in use, etc. Also, there should be more info for the server list, such as players on the server, etc.

5) Anti-Cheat Issues:

If GRIN is going to provide anti-cheats, they need to be updated regularly and we need them ASAP. The ability to take replays would also help, as well as PB support. If all three of these were in place, this might be the best Anti-Cheat game out there.

6) Bug fixes

* Disconnects – I don’t know if this is related to no dedicated server files or if this is GRIN netcode issues, but disconnects plague the MP side of things.

* Physics bugs, such as objects bouncing all over the place. Again, not sure if this is a bandwidth issue on so-called ‘dedicated servers’ or if it is an actual bug, either way it needs to be fixed.

* Other bugs mentioned in tech support forums and here.

7) Chat Window

YES, YES, and YES :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think it would be good to have a server side AC. Basically if you integrated the idea of PB and ReconLogger, the ability to ban by GUID/CD-Key, ip, ip range, etc.

All I want is the old ghost recon back.. Better graphics is fine.. but in my book GR is the best game ever made.. Don't mess with perfection.. Bring it back with an anti-cheat and most of us will be happy... The controls were what made it so great.. simply put...~wishes there was an always run button in GR AW~

Now i know most if not all the points have already been mentioned but heyho,i need to say my bit,so my apoligies.Myself and several clan members bought the game on day of release and although were not dissapointed were not exactly jumping over the moon either.The game has potential to be one of the best mp out there if only.........

1.Give us a decent varitey of xhairs and perhaps colours.

2.Ammo clip change,omg.You almost come to a complete standstill when changing clip,why?

3.From prone to standing up,whats all that about,its like being 70yrs old with arthritus.

4.Give us full list of weapons from the start to choose from.

5.Theres more kick in the weapons than a litre of moonshine.

6.Extra spawnpoints other than the default.

7.Urban maps are great but get a bit samey,lets have some greenery.

8.Going prone from a high vantage point is useless,you cant look down.

9.Only 2 game modes,do us a favour,dm would be fantastic,attack and defend would be awsome.

10.Voip?

11.No punkbuster lmao no better way to get all the low life hacking/cheating scum in to ruin everybodys fun.

12.I know im knocking on in years but it cant just be us bordering on middle age folk who spend most of the time squinting at the map trying to spot the little white arrow that represents us to find out where we are.

I know it all sounds negative but it is a good game,but it could also be a lot better,if you want to drag all those players from BF2 over to this then some work needs to be done.

I think all problems in this topic should be repaired but i write down here what i noticed that should be changed:

1) Dedi server files

2) Any more type of game in MP - not only domination

3) More maps (not in city plz!) I want SWAMP ! ;)

4) More weapons ? not many just maybe 2 more sniper guns and some for marksman

5) Rocket luncher ?

6) Mods tools

7) Antycheat - punkbuster ?

8) Replays - that what we gonna need in every GRAW MP CUP

9) map zooming in MP

10) Orders in MP to make "war climat" smth like "Go go go!", "Hold positions" etc.

11) I still miss soliders voice when they killed somone - like it was in GR1 for eg. "man down!", "killed", "he's down"

When releasing Dedicated server files, dont forget about linux.

1. For all MP modes it would be nice to have a full working cross comm for players with ability for the group leader to issue orders to his men without it being broadcasted to the rest of the team. Yes I know Cross Comms is deadly, but that is why you have teamates, to cover your backside while you check the thing to plan out the next attack. I know there would be ppl complaining about using it to spot enemies via sattelite view, but thats what cover is for, and plus the feeling of knowing you are being watched when running in the open will be a nice add.

2.Goes with #1 - the ability for everyone to mark threats on cross comms. The maps are so big it gets confusing to explain exactly where you saw the enemy. If I tell my friend he was by the flower pot, he is going to go nuts looking for the enemy.

3.Stamina/injury penalty needs to be upped. As it is now you can run around at full speed with hardly any health left and still manage a head shot on a guy across the map without taking a break to regain your composure.

4.Night maps. Even if you take the same maps we have now and make them night it would some variety. We have all this fancy night vision, but the only time we use it is when we cant see a staircase.

thats all for now.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

First off Id like to say that I really like the game. There are some very good things in it that give it potential to be one of the best tactical shooters I've ever played, but it has some errors that can totally ruin it.

We can all agree that MP isn't finished, im fine with that I realize you guys needed to get the game out and were in a no win situation. But Im happy I have a game to play. SO here is what I think needs to be done to help the MP

1) Traditional Team V Team with picking your weapons at the beginning of the match. Get rid of the tactical points, we don't need points to show tactics, nor do people like being annoyed with having to save them up to buy guns.

2) Anti Cheat

3) Better management of squads and showing the positions.

4) More Weapons. I really enjoyed all the extra weapons of the other games. Redundant yes, but it made the game more realistic then others. Im thinking maybe another carbine, 2 more sub guns (TMP, P90, UMP all of which are "newer" guns and will still be used in 10 years), and a few more pistols (HK and a SIG. We need a .45 pistol). Also another bolt action sniper (Rem 700), I like the fact that the .50 only takes a single round, but a smaller cal. higher cap. sniper rifle would be a nice addition.

(Little side note, I LOVE both the mag changes (time and animation and the fact that the mag stays on the ground) and the recoil on all the guns, I find it realistic and accurate which makes this game better then some of the faster shooters. Good work on that one guys)

5) Basic Lag Issues, Mainly scope lag. I know it isn't my machine cause during single player it isnt an issue and I have 2 gigs of ram so id think this has to be a code or server issue. Regardless it just forces me to stick with the iron sites.

6)Some more maps. I agree with others on that it doesn't have to stick with the whole Mexican theme. But I also want to say great work on the current maps. Unlike some others I really enjoy the level of detail on the maps. I don't want to be able to clear a large area by just peaking around the corner...that isnt realistic. I want people to have a ton of places to hide. It makes for better firefights and more tactics.

7) Mutliplayer Menu. Its just broke. I agree with others. Let my clan get a dedicated server and Ill i need is an IP. I never use gamespy unless forced.

8)Im tired of watching movies. Its annoying because you have to load the game, wait for everyone else to load. Pick weapons, watch a movie. Then you finally get to play. Now, if the squad leader dies...we gotta do that all over again AFTER the server crashes back to gamespy. Delete Coop movies, and don't have a dedicated leader in coop if there is 4 "real" people playing. Its annoying. Or let someone else take command.

9) Tango down, man down. I love that, but it would be nice to hear MY guy say it when I kill someone. I hear my teammates say it, but I would also like to hear my guy say it.

That's all I can really think of right now. The game looks great, sounds great, and has a good feel. Set up to push tactics over run and gun CS style of play. Now we just need to get it to PLAY great in multiplayer so you guys can be proud of developing another great tactical shooter.

Goodluck

-=ATU=-LtShady

Edited by LtShady

I wish Grin / Ubi would tell us when in June we can expect the upgrades for MP...It's sad that we have no word now nearly have way into May.

Bo talked so much hype about how 'great' the MP side would be (DOM mode) and now that the community does not like it, Bo seems to have "run away, run away" as Monty Python would say, instead of facing the music as it were...

I don't know what GRAW sales are like so far...But having seen a friends full version of the DOM Mode, it looks like more people still play RVS (tct) than GRAW (tvt)...WOW.

Grin turn my frown upside down and get the MP side turned around....

Edited by semperfi_bohica

I wish Grin / Ubi would tell us when in June we can expect the upgrades for MP...It's sad that we have no word now nearly have way into May.

Bo talked so much hype about how 'great' the MP side would be (DOM mode) and now that the community does not like it, Bo seems to have "run away, run away" as Monty Python would say, instead of facing the music as it were...

I don't know what GRAW sales are like so far...But having seen a friends full version of the DOM Mode, it looks like more people still play RVS (tct) than GRAW (tvt)...WOW.

Grin turn my frown upside down and get the MP side turned around....

This is what.... your 100th post about this? We get where your coming from and appreciate your drive, but you need to understand Bo is at E3 right now, and Im sure he is busy. As you can see the rest of the GRIN guys are here no doubtedly doing research on what we want fixed and or changed in the game.

And to answer your question about when in June, all I can say is dont rush them. You can see what happened last time the community/Ubi rushed them, let them do their job so when the patch does come out, it is everything we need to make the game better.

Use of more common ports. People who are behind a corporate or university firewall can't connect to Gamespy server. These are the ports that my university won't enable for security reasons:

Out of the ports listed on readme file, the following are not open due to security issues:

Local Ports

UDP 15250

UDP 13139

UDP 15250

Remote Ports

TCP 6667

They network admin told me that everyone on campus plays online games and that nobody has needed these ports for that purpose anyway.

PLEASE HELP :g_withgrin:

-Anticheat program

-Dedicated Servers

-More domination Maps

-Option to filter players, [ like we got with servers now but then also for players] its hard to find friends without a mic!]

-Hotkey for weapon switch

-Bug fixes

-Maybe some new weps

Thats want i want to see in the coming patch :lol:

After we got this well then i go look what i want more :g_withgrin:

i would like to see in the future in co-op:

-skipping the breifing (gets boring after awhile)

-dedicated servers

-minor bug fixes like "cd key is invalid" :huh:

-have in game chat support so we dont have to use a third party client like TS

-more game modes like last man standing or defend the flag, etc...

sorry if im repeating already posted requests....but these are really the things i would like to see happen

Edited by CHUtheMOFO

-Stand Alone Dedicated Server Files capable of running integrated gfx

-Anti-cheat w/screenshot capabilities, replays or demos

-All the server options in GR1

-Kick/Ban by GUID/CD-Key

-The original game types from GR1

-Mix of map environments

-Spectate Mode

Amen! Dedicated servers and admin control are a must. Having the game run off someones home comp can get dicey. Please PLEASE a dedicated server.

RURAL MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SNIPER WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!

SENSOR KITS!!!!!!!!!!

WEATHER!!!!!!!!!

Variable scopes would be great.

GRASS AND BUSHES THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY HIDE IN AND NOT BE SEEN.

EASIER TO SHOOT IN PRONE POSITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIX THE MOUSE LAG!!!!!!!!!

FIX SOUND ISSUES WITH AUDIGY CARDS OR ANY CARD IF NEED BE.

ABLILITY TO CHANGE COLOR OF RETICULE!!!!!!!!!!!

SMOKE SHOULD NOT DISSAPATE SO QUICKLY.

ABILITY TO TURN OFF BUYING OF WEAPONS.

BINOCULARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLOOD, LIMPING ETC.... FROM GR1 AND GROANS WHEN YOU GET HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick removal of dead bodies. They bodies really pile up with unlimited respawns.

Edited by Blaster