MP Wishlist

For the love of god, if i don't have the points to buy a gun then DON'T LEAVE IT AS AN OPTION! I go crazy when I take the trouble of picking a gun only to join and find i don't have enough points yet! Then why could i choose it?!?! STOP THE MADNESS!!!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Observer mode would have to be an option since people will want to

play league matches, in which case there would it would be annoying

as teams could have a dead player "drop" from the game and rejoin

to spy on the other team. So if this is going to be implemented it

would have to be implemented as an option in my opinion.

I would like to be able to hear my team leader and fellow men in the squad in coop when he issues commands like seting waypoint cover here go there stuff like that

also A click when you have no ammo

Edited by Serge

For the love of god, if i don't have the points to buy a gun then DON'T LEAVE IT AS AN OPTION! I go crazy when I take the trouble of picking a gun only to join and find i don't have enough points yet! Then why could i choose it?!?! STOP THE MADNESS!!!

Well said! For all of Bo's 'talk' about how great the Mp (tvt-true mp :P ) would be, and him being x-military, what a let down!

I'll believe the June Patch when I see it!

My gut says they will just leave the MP ground to find another game...if they didn't care enough to develop the MP side before release, I doubt 30 days after release is going to save the MP side.

GRIN you made the MP crowd frown.

Well said! For all of Bo's 'talk' about how great the Mp (tvt-true mp :P ) would be, and him being x-military, what a let down!

I'll believe the June Patch when I see it!

My gut says they will just leave the MP ground to find another game...if they didn't care enough to develop the MP side before release, I doubt 30 days after release is going to save the MP side.

GRIN you made the MP crowd frown.

Well Han according you a few months back this game was going to be cancelled or worse yet never existed in the first place. They dev team worked their collective butts off to get us what we have now. Are most of us thrilled with it? No. But how about cutting them alittle slack? If they said a patch will be out in June, then wait till late June to start complaining about "wheres my patch."

You're an ex-Marine, I know they taught you some discipline at Paris Island, hows about using some?

Biggs, first of all, I was right in what I predicted. I said in Oct. that the game would be out in Mid 2006, at best…Here were are mid-year and the MP is still not finished!

The devs get paid to work Biggs. Part of UBI’s and their job (Grin) should have been to pay close attention to what worked before, i.e. the selling MP features of GR1 that have made it last 5 years, so they could reproduce the success!

They didn’t do this. Instead, Bo’s company left out what worked :huh: , did a poor synergy version of BF2 and Counter Strike, which the old school GR1 crowd is displeased with. :angry: Sure, if you play SP, it’s very cool (I guess, I don’t play fps for SP, only Mp tvt), but the MP is dismal!

You want me to “cut alittle slack†to the devs b/c they included poorly conceived features like; (1) selecting a gun you don’t have the “tactical points to buy†(2) no kick /ban (3) no bullet impact…etc…the list is long as you know. :rofl:

How about they cut the MP fans some slack and give us more that one paragraph about the LMS mode and other things "to come," b/c todate, that is all the info we have on the alleged "changes to come for MP," one little paragraph. If I am wrong, please show me where UBI / Grin have addressed the June patch in specificity…Till then I like Reagan’s line “Trust, but verify.â€

I support their support of the game, i.e. patching, I just don't feel the "good faith" from UBI...and Grin doesn't work for free...Changes = CA$H

…and Biggs, once a Marine, always a Marine! This ain’t the Navy son ! :shifty:

Best,Semper Fi

Edited by semperfi_bohica

1. Show the different squads on the map in MP TvT with an "A" over everyones head in alpha, "B" over everyones head in Bravo, so on and so forth. WE need to be able to see where are other squads our and that particular squads members on the map not just the squad we are in.

Well I'd like the following Santa :santa:

Multiplayer Online

More detailed Stats page.

Co-Op player limit raised from 4 to 8-9 players.

Option to not spawn directly into a running battlefield, but wait in chat.

Optional respawn timer.

Option to load out kit and use it on respawn [not buy buy buy].

--->Option to enter Direct I.P. and PORT.

--->Possibility to pull up the server info page for details from it like TS settings etc.

--->Announcers voice on/off or volume controller in options page.

--->Night - Day time set function for map [ so 2300 would be dark, 0600 dawn etc].

--->Loading screen Status bar [like Total Annihilation had].

Grid, Co-ordinate references into map and on HUD up.

Always RUN option.

Roll function on prone.

Player Health on a more detailed bar.

New weapons.

Motion Sensors.

Server PWD indication on server listing page.

Weapons select as is but also with definable keys.

--->Dead chat window.

--->Dead ghost mode, to view/follow action through another players eyes [Ghost cam].

--->Weather effects:- Rain, mist, snow.

Co-op when SQUAD LEADER gets killed game should continue with second in command.

--->When anyone kills enemy, sound sample 'Tango down' in co-op or 'Kill confirmed' in MP for yourself confirmation !!!!!! <---

Burst Firing mode on all guns [ single/burst/full auto]

That's it for today..

:shifty:

Edited by viiiper

- QuickView Overlayed Scoreboard (TAB)

- Quickview overlayed map (Minimap but then fullscreen) *

- Add timer in the "lobby-screen" so when you run out of respawns you have an idea how much time there is left.

- A button (Inventoryscreen in dom mode) to "re-buy previous kit" IF enough tactical points.

- This is "Advanced Warfighter" but when i spot an enemy he doesn't show up as a red dot/diamond on the minimap (and hopefully a bigger 'quickview overlayed map - Like in GR1' soon).

By adding this you add "teamwork without voicecomms" sortof. If i see someone crossing a street and i'm to late to shoot him down atleast 'i spotted him' and because of that my teammate to the left of me [where the enemy was heading to] got my 'intel' (if he watches his minimap/map) and won't be completely surprised to see an enemy there.

This made public servers somewhat organised, now it's more like free for all (possibly because of Dom mode). If you checked the map a lot you get a very good idea what's going on in a round, where enemies slipped through, where they are about to breakthrough, where the last enemy was last seen etc...

So, Add red diamonds on the (mini)map! Let them fade out after a while obviously. (Or atleast make it an option to enable/disable it).

- Improve alttabbing? (Doesn't really work that well unless you leave a msn window or notepad open, so you have something to alt tab to

- Add "Primary", "Secondary" and "Ammo" as Headers in the inventory screen. Seems like a lot of people still didn't figure out where those 2 other boxes besides Primary Weapon are good for.

- When rightpeeking into a wall your character moves away from the wall, leftpeeking doesn't do that.

- Make it more "1 shot 1 kill" (got the impression it's more like 2/3 hits per kill - could be the servers that are running now)

- Smokenades bounces ... weird? And fragnade hardly bounces at all, can't really bounce a nade against a wall i believe.

- When loading next map, add a 3 second period where we can quickly 'escape' out of the loadingscreen.

- Smaller MP maps !!!!

Lots of LAN competitions are 4on4 (for some reason) when GRAW is more like 7on7/8on8.

- Add peeking while prone

- Add shuffle-walk (silent slow walk)

- Add option to select which (standard) firerate you want. For example i like to start with singleshot instead of full auto, or burst mode. Allow us to select which standard firerate we want.

- Fix 0 ping bug in serverlist

- Add "X Up", a checkbox that you can "X" to ready up. And of course a indicator who's ready up'd and who's not.

[ ] NotReady

[X] Ready

- When you get shot let me see where from, sort of "follow / deathcam". So move the camera to the person that killed me.

- Replays (all views in 1) would be extremely nice. Even if you have to disable all physicsstuff in MP (or if needed; give us a option to disable it if that's the only way we can have full replays - because that was the reason replays were "impossible")

Falling boxes, exploding cars (physics) etc hardly adds anything to MP's gameplay - so if needed disable it. Replays > Effects.

(and people that don't care about cheaters or those that just wanna play some rounds in a private server can play with physics on)

If not: clientsided replays (demos) will do. No crappy/laggy quality please!

~100 mb uncompressed files are fine (20-30 mb zipped for 1 clientsided replay/demo)

Replay-demo tools:

- Add a command to see all names through the walls, not just the teammates. To allow us to watch demos from suspected players in "wallhack-like" view. (ONLY in Replay-mode of course)

- Add some cool stuff, like the ability to fly through the map when watching a demo (not just first person view, but freeflight/third person / topview and more?)

- Toggless-peek

- Allow rightpeeking immediatly after strafing or while strafing. The righpeek is bugged, can't immediatly peek after you're done with strafing. Leftpeek seems fine.

- When you're crouched and you raise a stance and immediatly drop a stance.... So:

Crouch > ( V )Standing > ( C )Crouch

You end up in prone?!?! It's like GRAW ignores my V-button press if i press C to fast after the V.

Scenario: If i am crouched behind a wall, and i wanna have a quick peek over the wall it's natural you standup and quickly go back to crouch again (behind cover). Now i end up in prone instead of crouch.

- Remove the delay after reloading, don't let us wait till something like that is done. Or when you press you firebutton while running and you quit running nothing happends.. while you're still pressing your firebutton. Removes those irritating delays

- Strafe-running-speed slower!

- Reticule (4 'dots' around the Crosshair) aren't responsive, there seems to be a delay or something. looks really fake/weird.

Edited by Ben

"Replay-demo tools:

- Add a command to see all names through the walls, not just the teammates. To allow us to watch demos from suspected players in "wallhack-like" view. (ONLY in Replay-mode of course)

- Add some cool stuff, like the ability to fly through the map when watching a demo (not just first person view, but freeflight/third person / topview and more?)"

Nice one Ben. There is a way to do this in CoD2, nit included with the game I admit, but with a few lines added in the cfg files, you can do it. Even after PB came out for CoD2 we still have to use this method to catch cheaters since PB is usually a build or two behind on the cheats.

Great thinking.

Also want to state that I agree with most of your points, good stuff. Im not in love with all the points, but to be honest even if they were added it would hurt the game.

Great post again.

most wanted...

1) Dedicated server files with more options and ban option

2) More MP game types with the possibility to choose my weapon and keep it for all the match (no very real to change it every 5 minutes... during a match!)

3) More maps not in cities!! There are some rural maps in SP that are nice!

4) More weapons, just 3 or 4

6) Complete Mods tools to give more life to the game

7) Antycheat .. yes we need it

8) Replays ... same...

9) map zooming in MP

10) quick MP Squad command/comunications by pressing a button (??)

11) ASE support (??)

12) Bug fix

well... i think most GR1 players have the same wish list, don't you??

There are already some excellent posts in this thread, many of which I agree with but I will add my own requests too in the hope they will add to the weight of numbers for requests those features. I played GR from the first day it was released and it stands as my favourite game of all time and IMO GRAW has great promise if more work is done on the MP side of things, which is what is most important for me! I don't want or expect GR just with better graphics - times move on - but I do want some of the best features of GR moving to GRAW.

Gametypes:

Please add TDM, HH etc. from the original GR. Domination is an exciting addition, but we need TDM!

Server:

Remove the reliance on Gamespy - this is, and has been for many years, awful.

We need dedicated Server binaries that can be used by professional hosting companies without us having to spend a fortune on dedicated servers with expensive gfx cards like we would have to at the moment!

Admin options - all the standard admin options, kick/ban etc.

MP Game options:

I have mixed feelings about supply lines and the ability to change weapons mid map. But I am sure some people like it so please provide options so these features can be tuned by the server host. My preference is for a simpler style - ie. you pick a weapon and thats what you've got.

If we do have to buy stuff - please, please we need a button to rebuy previous kit!

Respawning - respawning onto a squad leader became a joke in the likes of BF2 whereby you could swap squads, everyone respawned onto you, then if you die, someone else recreates a squad and you spawn on them, this is just bobbins and is completely unrealistic. The idea of having to "pay" to respawn on a squad leader is interesting, but for me TDM with no respawns is the way I want to play it anyway.

One shot, one kill mode as per GR. I've tried to play GRAW mp like I used to play GR mp - ie using single shot - I have lost count of the times already that I have shot someone in the chest with a Scar H only for them to spray me with bullets and kill me - this is most definitely NOT GR - if I shoot someone in the chest, especially with a heavy calibre round they should be dead, or at the very least incapable of aiming so I can pump in another round and kill them.

Basically people need enough options so that they can have a pseudo realisitic GR 1 style, no-respawn TDM battle or a more arcadey multi-respawn Domination mode game for example.

Maps

I think the new urban style of maps is great, all the hiding places make for an excellent challenge and they are IMO well designed. However we need more maps, and maps of a different style too.

Excellent work so far GRIN, just keep it up :rocky:

Edited by Chimp=UKLF=

Now that GRIN is back from their holiday (I'm still waiting for my postcard. <_< ), it's time to get our suggestions cleaned up in a succinct manner.

I would like to see about a volunteer (or two) to help me go through some of these wishlist threads and get a single list, with simple explanations.

I'm starting with MP.... anyone wishing to help, please post here or send me a PM.

:thumbsup:

As I started this and posted, quote "Just keep this thread as clean as

possible so GRIN can get all the information they need without having to

weed out the BS", I am willing to clean this thread up for you.

I, as a TvT purist, have a lot of interest in seeing the MP implemented

in the best possible way and therefore if I can help I'll do it for you.

To GRiN:

I hope someone there from GRiN is willing, seeing how a lot of people took

the time and trouble to post in this and other threads, what wishes they

are going to take to heart and which ones are going into the dustbin.

Edited by CkZWarlord

1) ditch gamespy it is useless i cant believe it is the only option for us to use...we need direct ip/ase!

2) more people in co-op - 8

3) more maps - [GR] remakes would be nice, some outdoor ones

4) a way for clients to download custom maps from the server without having to leave the game a la HL2

5) better admin functionallity a la HL2

6) more MP modes, LMS and HH are definately needed.

7) better way to communicate in game, the chatbox is annoying

8) more iff options

9) sort out the problem where by if the leader dies the mission ends in co-op.

thanks for reading GRIN Dr Hanke

Edited by babydave

This thread has stayed pretty clean, but it is now 5 pages of information with some of it repetitive. To maximize the time for the devs, I would like have a compilation in one message of what all is said here and provide that to the devs in a succinct package.

Let's talk some more, Warlord, about what I'm looking for. :thumbsup:

This thread has stayed pretty clean, but it is now 5 pages of information with some of it repetitive. To maximize the time for the devs, I would like have a compilation in one message of what all is said here and provide that to the devs in a succinct package.

Let's talk some more, Warlord, about what I'm looking for. :thumbsup:

ZJJ if you give Warlord the job... [ not that I ain't trusting you dude...] make sure he reads all the posts on this thread and lists all the points that don't repeat, BESIDES HIS OWN !!. As everyone feels strongle about any point they placed......

Hey Pisst .. over here Warlord :-"

And Warload mines on page 4... i think :whistle:

1. Show the different squads on the map in MP TvT with an "A" over everyones head in alpha, "B" over everyones head in Bravo, so on and so forth. WE need to be able to see where are other squads are and that squads members on the map not just the squad we are in.

I understand the mini map is well, mini. If the letters over the each squad members head doesn't work then maybe different colors showing on the map for each particular squad.

Just got game and as an addicted player to the first series of GR I am completely amazed at how bad the MP expierience is. To me it's the height of devolution. How did they get it so wrong with such a great foundation to work from. Dear me. It is that bad I don't know if it can be fixed, I don't think it will. That said I will now try to be positive and suggest things I would like to see.

1,) Buy GR and take a good long look at it. Put all the features that were in that game into this one and include all the game types. Why not put all the original maps into this game? new textures and upgraded graphics and the veteran players like myself will be having red eyes on mornings instead of looking bright eyed and bushy tailed. Domination could be the most pointless I have played.

Once that is done, take a look at other modern games and include modern feature ie, voip.

2,) Please put a 'always run' feature in the option before my little finger develops rsi!

3,) At this risk of echoing other people, please take away the buying guns nonsense. Do soilders buy there own guns? loads of kits like in original GR are needed.

4,) Finally, hurry up with the changes. I have bought the game and paid my money and this is below what is common expectation in even new fps games let alone sequels. I realise now why no multiplayer demo was released for this game!

Please hurry up and fix it before people loose interest and I find myself, dare I say it, playing BF2 again!

P.S - Just make it like the original it's really that simple

:wall:

P.S - Just make it like the original it's really that simple

Why remake a game that already exists? :wall: There are so many people saying they want GR, well, you already have GR available.

For those that want a new FPS, you now have GR:AW.