GR:AW Will Be $19.95 in three months

The community has waited so long for a remake or something close to the [Ghost Recon]. My clan was so looking forward to this game and so disapointed now. I have read threads where people really think this is Ghost Recon. This game will be $19.95 in three months. UBI has cut the market down to high end computer owners only. They did the same thing with Lock-On. Guys the feel is'nt there. The cold building up in your back as you approached the castle at night or the fire fights in Cuba, The cold in Moscow, the heat in North Africa. This is not Ghost Recon, its HALO in Mexico City. Sorry that I feel this way. I have played the demo over and over again and so have my clan mates and we just do not get the feel.

I know I will get flamed for this post, but there it is.

SGT. HACK

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The community has waited so long for a remake or something close to the [Ghost Recon]. My clan was so looking forward to this game and so disapointed now. I have read threads where people really think this is Ghost Recon. This game will be $19.95 in three months. UBI has cut the market down to high end computer owners only. They did the same thing with Lock-On. Guys the feel is'nt there. The cold building up in your back as you approached the castle at night or the fire fights in Cuba, The cold in Moscow, the heat in North Africa. This is not Ghost Recon, its HALO in Mexico City. Sorry that I feel this way. I have played the demo over and over again and so have my clan mates and we just do not get the feel.

SGT. HACK

You know whats depressing...Its true...you know..This is the upsetting part...It is nothing like classic gr...Nor will it be close to it...Why? Because they made the game w.o mod tools...Or any extra stuff...I am trolling around the Full Version forum on the UBI site...My god...Same stuff is getting thrown on there and here.

Is it just me..Or is it awkward that everyone wanted the same exact things...When I mean same exact things...Everyone literally wants pretty much the same damn things expected for this game.

Sgt. Hack ...you're right...Sounds harsh what you said..But true...I am really debating the purchase at this moment because of what people are saying..

By Thursday I will come to my full conclusion.

-Enven.

If this was like previous GR, then I wouldn't buy it nor would a lot of other poeple.

GRIN, Ubisoft, etc. is a BUSINESS, and they're going to try to make the game more approachable and more fun.

The performance should be increased w/ patches later on. :g_withgrin:

SGT. HACK

You know whats depressing...Its true...you know..This is the upsetting part...It is nothing like classic gr...Nor will it be close to it...Why? Because they made the game w.o mod tools...Or any extra stuff...I am trolling around the Full Version forum on the UBI site...My god...Same stuff is getting thrown on there and here.

Is it just me..Or is it awkward that everyone wanted the same exact things...When I mean same exact things...Everyone literally wants pretty much the same damn things expected for this game.

Sgt. Hack ...you're right...Sounds harsh what you said..But true...I am really debating the purchase at this moment because of what people are saying..

By Thursday I will come to my full conclusion.

-Enven.

I guess what I was trying to say is not the same old, Just better. If they just had not put the Ghost Recon brand on it. We have played alot of games on-line, but we always came back to Ghost Recon. Why... it was written for everyone and is still very very popular today. They have had 5yrs. to get something great and here it is................................HACK

i was very disapointed in this to :( the mutiplayer is bad bugs restarts your computer but its not for high end computers runs fine on low end ones didnt like that it was not like the old GR it will be 19.95 prob in 3 months

High end computers? lmao a 7600 runs it fine.

Even on demo GRAW I was getting 40-60+ on my rig which has a 6800 ultra oc (bfg tech) and its AGP...

The only thing about it...I may just break down and get it tomorrow.

I just want to see the patches soon...MP overhauled...

I just wish they took the community into better consideration, of course they are a "BUSINESS" but in all honesty...

A business looking to succeed usually listens to its customers..Whether they be on the internet...Or in person; doesnt matter. The mere fact is....A lot of people love [GR]...They love the style...Old habits die hard, and when you release a game under a name of this acclaim...I am guessing people are going to be real impartial to any bungles...

IMO: The game will probably be damn good...I am on assumption and he said she said commentary...I am still waiting to figure it out for myself.

(Sidenote: A little bird told me that there's more weapons than the demo...)

-Enven.

p.s. As for grin...Should have listened to the fanbase...and probably took what was so amazing about gr and put it to good use by adding it to the game.

If this was like previous GR, then I wouldn't buy it nor would a lot of other poeple.

GRIN, Ubisoft, etc. is a BUSINESS, and they're going to try to make the game more approachable and more fun.

The performance should be increased w/ patches later on.  :g_withgrin:

I am not talking about performance, I am talking about fun. The game is not fun.

They would buy it, because they knew they were getting their moneys worth. The guys here are still making maps for it, mods, etc. Because the game is fun and easy to write to.

@SGT.HACK

couldnt disagree with you more.

@Uk.Cobra

i would have been very supprised if the release build in ANY game was bug free. ESPECIALLY in multiplayer.

most of these problems will be addressed in the first patch no doubt.

GR: AW is already a great game (the best i've played in fact) and it's only going to get better, that i'm sure of.

High end computers? lmao a 7600 runs it fine.

Even on demo GRAW I was getting 40-60+ on my rig which has a 6800 ultra oc (bfg tech) and its AGP...

The only thing about it...I may just break down and get it tomorrow.

I just want to see the patches soon...MP overhauled...

I just wish they took the community into better consideration, of course they are a "BUSINESS" but in all honesty...

A business looking to succeed usually listens to its customers..Whether they be on the internet...Or in person; doesnt matter. The mere fact is....A lot of people love [GR]...They love the style...Old habits die hard, and when you release a game under a name of this acclaim...I am guessing people are going to be real impartial to any bungles...

IMO: The game will probably be damn good...I am on assumption and he said she said commentary...I am still waiting to figure it out for myself.

-Enven.

p.s. As for grin...Should have listened to the fanbase...and probably took what was so amazing about gr and put it to good use by adding it to the game.

This is what I was trying to say. They should have listened. I hope for the community you guys are correct and they get the feel back. I never said it sucked. I said it doesnt have the Recon feel. Its another FPS and that is all it is.

Personally, I'm satisfied with the game. I didn't expect the orginal GR because that was five years ago. PC gamers usually upgrade their systems for games they anticipate. I did, and I will again. Anyways, I hate to hear that you aren't happy, Hack. The more online the merrier. What exactly is it that you don't like about the gameplay?

-Enven.

the bird lied, but don't worry. as soon as the sdk is out there will be plenty of weapon mods.

and just out of curiosity:

what was so amazing about gr that isn't a part of GR: AW?

Edited by zwitherow

People who loved the old GR seem to be dissappointed. But seriously, you think someone who loves an 8 year old game would like a brand spanking new one. No. Their still playing an old ass game that wasn't even that good. I don't know why you'd want the old feel. The stiff movement, the weird ass zoom on everything. What is the [GR] feel? if you want the old gr you should play the old gr. THings get better over time, and so did GR. :g_withgrin:

The new GR rocks. The game is crazy fun.

I don't think the whole community wanted the same things. I think the whiniest of the community may have wanted the same things, but the rest of us who like the game are quietly content. I hope GRIN keeps doing what they are doing.

from the sounds of the feel comments, you seem to not like the city scape. maybe they will release more rural maps in the future.

Edited by Ghost9

Guys hold the phone. I never said it was a bad game. Maybe after playing it on line it will be better. My clan only plays FPS games in co-op on a dedicated server.

We are going to give it a chance just like we do all of them.

HACK

Hack I completely agree with you about the Tom Clancy Ghost Recon name. You would think that when things get prettier, some of the tried and true gameply would remain the same. The different groups of soldiers under your command, the ability to tell them to either assualt, recon, etc.-this is what make the original game so ######' cool-it would have been easy to use this and update it with this game's technology, would have been no problem. I would have dumped my droors if that would have happened.

The original element is completely gone, that's all Hack is saying, and a whole lot of other people feel the same; it isn't an excoriation of the game in any fashion, the game doesn't suck at all. It just isn't Ghost Recon....at least it isn't to me. No offense.

@SGT.HACK

@Uk.Cobra

i would have been very supprised if the release build in ANY game was bug free. ESPECIALLY in multiplayer.

GR: AW is already a great game (the best i've played in fact) and it's only going to get better, that i'm sure of.

How many patches will it take?

your talking about GR as if it were lockdown. LOCKDOWN is the one with the "not a bad game..but not rainbow six/its like every other FPS out there" label. I dont see GRAW as every FPS out there..which one has on the fly directing, which one is insanely focused on teamwork and being careful. "Every FPS" consists of run and gun, spawn, rush die, etc, etc,.

This game is different. It's slow, its close quarter combat (iv only played the demo, so im not sure what is in the other maps) instead of a humungous desert or something. I didnt want another one of those kinds of games. I got tired of [GR] when the newer game came out..cant remember what that was though.

I loved the demo. Are there kinks? of course. But when you go into something with expectations of it being a certain way, your setting yourself up to be disappointed. Just because the maps arent open field kind of maps doenst mean it "isnt ghost recon"..whatever that means.

SGT. HACK

Quit bloody bitchin' mate, I have a damn compaq presario, a budget machine and just upgraded the vid card and now i can REALLY enjoy this game. GRAW makes GR look like donkey Kong in BDU's.

This game feels alot better than GR and things i hated like glitchers and cheat peekers are gone.

But then again that's the beauty of free will, don't buy it if your clan hates it. My anger comes from the fact that I don't have the top line PC, but I really studied my stuff and bought a CPU with a good 1MB L2 cache for better performance, 2GB ram for better performance and an SATA drive for better performance. finally I added in today a HIS ATI Radeon X1800GTO, 256bit 256MB ram.

You can do it. If I can kick this compaq into overdrive as I have and i didn't have to overclock the videocard either and most of my settings are high except for the texture quality since I'm running only a 256MB card. don't down the game. the game is fine. I was ###### when my old geforce6200 couldn't allow for me to enjoy it. but cheers mate sorry to hear you feel that way. would've been great to have had the chance to enjoy it with you. :g_withgrin:

Hack I completely agree with you about the Tom Clancy Ghost Recon name. You would think that when things get prettier, some of the tried and true gameply would remain the same. The different groups of soldiers under your command, the ability to tell them to either assualt, recon, etc.-this is what make the original game so ######' cool-it would have been easy to use this and update it with this game's technology, would have been no problem. I would have dumped my droors if that would have happened.

The original element is completely gone, that's all Hack is saying, and a whole lot of other people feel the same; it isn't an excoriation of the game in any fashion, the game doesn't suck at all. It just isn't Ghost Recon....at least it isn't to me. No offense.

Thank you, I knew I would get flamed. for my guys its just another FPS. We will probably add it to our server after all of the patches and dust clears. We were hoping for recon 2 in Korea but it went away. A perfect war zone for Rangers.

Thanks again HACK

@SGT.HACK

@Uk.Cobra

How many patches will it take?

i dunno? how many patches did it take for [GR]?

SGT. HACK

Quit bloody bitchin' mate, I have a damn compaq presario, a budget machine and just upgraded the vid card and now i can REALLY enjoy this game. GRAW makes GR look like donkey Kong in BDU's.

This game feels alot better than GR and things i hated like glitchers and cheat peekers are gone.

But then again that's the beauty of free will, don't buy it if your clan hates it. My anger comes from the fact that I don't have the top line PC, but I really studied my stuff and bought a CPU with a good 1MB L2 cache for better performance, 2GB ram for better performance and an SATA drive for better performance. finally I added in today a HIS ATI Radeon X1800GTO, 256bit 256MB ram.

You can do it. If I can kick this compaq into overdrive as I have and i didn't have to overclock the videocard either and most of my settings are high except for the texture quality since I'm running only a 256MB card. don't down the game. the game is fine. I was ###### when my old geforce6200 couldn't allow for me to enjoy it. but cheers mate sorry to hear you feel that way. would've been great to have had the chance to enjoy it with you. :g_withgrin:

Wasnt bitchin mate. Just a point of view. I am glad you like it......cheers

i dunno? how many patches did it take for [GR]?
i think there where alltogther 4 patches ( including DS and IT )

What i think which will make this game have a short life is the missing of a modding function so far.

We live today in the MMORG time , so ppl are used to see new content fast. Every game which can not feed this hunger for new things will soon be shelfed. You play through it then maybe change the setting from medium to hard play through it and then ? Do it a 3rd time ?

GR was a very good game when it came out .. today it is avarage but still played due to mods and the ability to create a new world for the user when ever the user got bored.

@ SGT HACK I didn't want GRAW to lose the GR feel. but I did have to be real and know that some delicate changes were going to change. I was wanting to have the old GR ret without the weapon view, but this is the First game that i respect that.

GR allowed for too much run n' gun. wasn't tactical at all really and the maps were stupid in that rifleman always had an advantage to kill a sniper when it should've been the other way around. this GRAW will change th eway we play GR in that people will "have to" play as a team. how many times do you play TvT in [GR] and see everyone just run like they were trying to get tickets to a concert? those maps didn't give mush in the way of variance.

the variance factor allows for people to move around at several directions like that big square where that mounted machine gun sits on the top of those steps to the left? well have a team come up from the left, that way the mounted weapon turns giving the team on the left the clear shot on the soldier.

The AI....lmao..need I say more? i was hot in battle and this bloke popped me from my 6 o' clock.

The lean feature diminshes the silouette of the soldier and is cool. plus being close to the wal drops the weapon. so no more cheat peeking. :D

the maps, there are so many hides and peek a boos that I'm going spend months finding the best and what works...they are huge.

Weapons. they are future which is cool, but when we get mod tools we can get our favorites into GRAW...why not? skies the limit. we do need siege and last man standing...but Graw might include this in the june update perhaps? :blink: