GR:AW Will Be $19.95 in three months

The community has waited so long for a remake or something close to the [Ghost Recon]. My clan was so looking forward to this game and so disapointed now. I have read threads where people really think this is Ghost Recon. This game will be $19.95 in three months. UBI has cut the market down to high end computer owners only. They did the same thing with Lock-On. Guys the feel is'nt there. The cold building up in your back as you approached the castle at night or the fire fights in Cuba, The cold in Moscow, the heat in North Africa. This is not Ghost Recon, its HALO in Mexico City. Sorry that I feel this way. I have played the demo over and over again and so have my clan mates and we just do not get the feel.

I know I will get flamed for this post, but there it is.       

SGT. HACK

You know whats depressing...Its true...you know..This is the upsetting part...It is nothing like classic gr...Nor will it be close to it...Why? Because they made the game w.o mod tools...Or any extra stuff...I am trolling around the Full Version forum on the UBI site...My god...Same stuff is getting thrown on there and here.

Is it just me..Or is it awkward that everyone wanted the same exact things...When I mean same exact things...Everyone literally wants pretty much the same damn things expected for this game.

Sgt. Hack ...you're right...Sounds harsh what you said..But true...I am really debating the purchase at this moment because of what people are saying..

By Thursday I will come to my full conclusion.

-Enven.

I guess what I was trying to say is not the same old, Just better. If they just had not put the Ghost Recon brand on it. We have played alot of games on-line, but we always came back to Ghost Recon. Why... it was written for everyone and is still very very popular today. They have had 5yrs. to get something great and here it is................................HACK

GRIN actually had a year and a half to make GRAW, it usually takes a year to make a mod in GR1 with 4-5 maps. I think it will be updated with patches/expansions.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno? how many patches did it take for [GR]?
i think there where alltogther 4 patches ( including DS and IT )

What i think which will make this game have a short life is the missing of a modding function so far.

We live today in the MMORG time , so ppl are used to see new content fast. Every game which can not feed this hunger for new things will soon be shelfed. You play through it then maybe change the setting from medium to hard play through it and then ? Do it a 3rd time ?

GR was a very good game when it came out .. today it is avarage but still played due to mods and the ability to create a new world for the user when ever the user got bored.

yes if it is indeed true that there are no mod tools planned.. GRAW won't be nearly as successfull as GR was. however, bo has said time and time again that we would have mod tools.

after GRIN gets back from their deserved vacation, hopefully he can either confirm or deny this. we'll just have to wait.

the way I understand it, the mod tool(s) will be similar to the crytek sandbox. but that is just pure speculation at this point.

Mod tools would be a big + for GRAW. would be nice to get some SA80, M4 action into Graw

Edited by Papa6

@ SGT HACK I didn't want GRAW to lose the GR feel. but I did have to be real and know that some delicate changes were going to change. I was wanting to have the old GR ret without the weapon view, but this is the First game that i respect that.

GR allowed for too much run n' gun. wasn't tactical at all really and the maps were stupid in that rifleman always had an advantage to kill a sniper when it should've been the other way around. this GRAW will change th eway we play GR in that people will "have to" play as a team. how many times do you play TvT in [GR] and see everyone just run like they were trying to get tickets to a concert? those maps didn't give mush in the way of variance.

the variance factor allows for people to move around at several directions like that big square where that mounted machine gun sits on the top of those steps to the left? well have a team come up from the left, that way the mounted weapon turns giving the team on the left the clear shot on the soldier.

The AI....lmao..need I say more? i was hot in battle and this bloke popped me from my 6 o' clock.

The lean feature diminshes the silouette of the soldier and is cool. plus being close to the wal drops the weapon. so no more cheat peeking. :D

the maps, there are so many hides and peek a boos that I'm going spend months finding the best and what works...they are huge.

Weapons. they are future which is cool, but when we get mod tools we can get our favorites into GRAW...why not? skies the limit. we do need siege and last man standing...but Graw might include this in the june update perhaps? :blink:

Glad to see your having fun...........HACK

i dunno? how many patches did it take for [GR]?
i think there where alltogther 4 patches ( including DS and IT )

What i think which will make this game have a short life is the missing of a modding function so far.

We live today in the MMORG time , so ppl are used to see new content fast. Every game which can not feed this hunger for new things will soon be shelfed. You play through it then maybe change the setting from medium to hard play through it and then ? Do it a 3rd time ?

GR was a very good game when it came out .. today it is avarage but still played due to mods and the ability to create a new world for the user when ever the user got bored.

yes if it is indeed true that there are no mod tools planned.. GRAW won't be nearly as successfull as GR was. however, bo has said time and time again that we would have mod tools.

after GRIN gets back from their deserved vacation, hopefully he can either confirm or deny this. we'll just have to wait.

Vacation..........They havent done anything yet..........just kidding.............HACK

your talking about GR as if it were lockdown. LOCKDOWN is the one with the "not a bad game..but not rainbow six/its like every other FPS out there" label. I dont see GRAW as every FPS out there..which one has on the fly directing, which one is insanely focused on teamwork and being careful. "Every FPS" consists of run and gun, spawn, rush die, etc, etc,.

This game is different. It's slow, its close quarter combat (iv only played the demo, so im not sure what is in the other maps) instead of a humungous desert or something. I didnt want another one of those kinds of games. I got tired of [GR] when the newer game came out..cant remember what that was though.

I loved the demo. Are there kinks? of course. But when you go into something with expectations of it being a certain way, your setting yourself up to be disappointed. Just because the maps arent open field kind of maps doenst mean it "isnt ghost recon"..whatever that means.

I never said that. Have fun restarting the game time after time. In combat, the team leader gets zapped the army doesnt pull out............ :g_withgrin::g_withgrin:

Edited by SGT. HACK

never said what? made multiple points..

I do have a problem with that though (team leader dieing=game lost)..probably shouldve stated that,lol. Can check one of my first posts a while ago right after the demo came out and said almost the same exact thing. But, ill live with it.

edit: im not trying to change ur mind into liking the game,lol. People play the game and they like it or they dont..but if you say the game isnt like [GR] and you dont like the feel, expect a rebuttle from the other side. Because i dont want people who havent tried the demo to come in and think "oh..hack's got good points, im not going to try the game out". If they see both sides they can think about it, play it, then make a decision.

Edited by GDD_Viper

never said what? made multiple points..

I do have a problem with that though (team leader dieing=game lost)..probably shouldve stated that,lol. Can check one of my first posts a while ago right after the demo came out and said almost the same exact thing. But, ill live with it.

edit: im not trying to change ur mind into liking the game,lol. People play the game and they like it or they dont..but if you say the game isnt like [GR] and you dont like the feel, expect a rebuttle from the other side. Because i dont want people who havent tried the demo to come in and think "oh..hack's got good points, im not going to try the game out". If they see both sides they can think about it, play it, then make a decision.

The reason I posted the thread was to hear both sides and to get people to talk about it, and they did. I never said I didnt like the game. I said, for me and my clan, it doesnt have the recon feel. For me its another FPS........HACK

enough said

If this was like previous GR, then I wouldn't buy it nor would a lot of other poeple.

GRIN, Ubisoft, etc. is a BUSINESS, and they're going to try to make the game more approachable and more fun.

The performance should be increased w/ patches later on.  :g_withgrin:

I agree... That was then and this is now... Except now, one has to think before maneuvering into position, just like the real deal or you can lose it all.. It's as close to gettin real as it gets... The old GR, you moved about whenever you wanted... This is all about being a TEAM player, or you DIE with the rest of your squad... Totally different game, in a totally different advanced time...

Edited by Stormin

Hack, I know what you mean when you say that the people here and the people in the official forum are saying the same things -- but that doesn't mean the community didn't get what it wanted. That means the people griping didn't get what they wanted. There's a huge difference. People are about 10000% more likely to gripe when they don't get what they want than people are to praise when they do get what they want.

Basically, the gripers can outnumber the praisers by 10 to 1 and it doesn't mean the gripers are in the majority. The two clans I'm tight with are both full of people who are freakin' GR snobs, who were ready to hate this game, who hate UBI, and who have stated repeatedly they're done with UBI games. Today, they all love it, and they're coming back in force. "I can't believe UBI delivered." "Best game ever." Bla, bla, bla. You get the picture. The fact of the matter is that while I see people griping in forums, none of the gamers I know personally are anything less than thrilled with this game. They all love it.

Now, in here, I see WAY more griping than praise, but in our own poll, 71% of the respondents rated the game a 7-10. That's the opposite the of the criticism vs. praise ratio because happy people keep their mouths shut.

As far as high-end systems -- I'm playing it with a 6600GT. It doesn't crash. It doesn't stutter.

As far this game not being like the old GR, I disagree. This game is exactly like the old Ghost Recon -- best FPS ever.

This game is exactly like the old Ghost Recon -- best FPS ever.

He he..........yeah..... this thread is getting good I think I'll grab a seat......... :tv:

It might not be quite as good as [GR] was when it was hot. But, if we get more maps,weapons, game types and most importantly Mod Tools it would surpass [GR] in "almost" every possible way.

This game is exactly like the old Ghost Recon -- best FPS ever.

He he..........yeah..... this thread is getting good I think I'll grab a seat......... :tv:

It might not be quite as good as [GR] was when it was hot. But, if we get more maps,weapons, game types and most importantly Mod Tools it would surpass [GR] in "almost" every possible way.

Now there's a sensible statement.......I agree on that one. Actually I would put it could surpass GR.

Just jumping straight into the discussion here.. :unsure:

I haven't had the time to really get into GRAW yet, but I do agree with those who say it lacks the "feel" of the first GR. It's still a great game IMHO, even though it's beating my 4-month-old powerhouse gaming rig into halfway into submission :wall: Pretty much like Raven Shield lacked the "feel" of Rogue Spear, but I really enjoyed that too. (Still installed, in fact.)

I've come to realize that the "feel" we're looking for, or at least what I'm looking for, will probably never come again. I think the only way to get the same feel and the same atmosphere in a sequel is to make it almost identical. Just look at the original Rainbow Six compared to Rogue Spear. Same engine, with a few updates. A handful of new features and some more guns. Other than that it was practically the same game. And Rogue Spear had all the feel and flow and atmosphere and what have you of the original, and then some. Then look at Raven Shield. New engine (which isn't meant as a bad thing, god knows I love the Unreal engine and spoke its case many a time back when Raven Shield was released) and some relatively large new features such as the inclusion of first person view weapon models. Was it still Rainbow Six? Sure, I think so, but I only really consider the story and setting of a game when I think about whether it belongs in a franchise or not. (The three first SWAT games spanned three widely different genres, but they were all SWAT games nonetheless.) But it sure didn't have the same feel to it. It didn't look similar, because of the new engine. It didn't quite play the same either. It did have it's own atmosphere, though, which I haven't really found again either, not even in Lockdown.

I guess what I'm getting at is that for a new Ghost Recon game to have the same feel that the original GR did, it will have to be pretty much identical. Same engine, same overall gameplay.. Same feel. Of course, I doubt we'll ever see the day when a developer releases a game using slightly updated five-year-old technology and five-year-old gameplay. Everything gets updated, which means it also changes. And as the gap between the old and the new grows bigger, so do the changes.

Anyway, I guess I just filled my annual posting quota. Better get back to lurking in silent mode now. Feel free to agree or disagree :P

Just jumping straight into the discussion here.. :unsure:

I haven't had the time to really get into GRAW yet, but I do agree with those who say it lacks the "feel" of the first GR. It's still a great game IMHO, even though it's beating my 4-month-old powerhouse gaming rig into halfway into submission :wall: Pretty much like Raven Shield lacked the "feel" of Rogue Spear, but I really enjoyed that too. (Still installed, in fact.)

I've come to realize that the "feel" we're looking for, or at least what I'm looking for, will probably never come again. I think the only way to get the same feel and the same atmosphere in a sequel is to make it almost identical. Just look at the original Rainbow Six compared to Rogue Spear. Same engine, with a few updates. A handful of new features and some more guns. Other than that it was practically the same game. And Rogue Spear had all the feel and flow and atmosphere and what have you of the original, and then some. Then look at Raven Shield. New engine (which isn't meant as a bad thing, god knows I love the Unreal engine and spoke its case many a time back when Raven Shield was released) and some relatively large new features such as the inclusion of first person view weapon models. Was it still Rainbow Six? Sure, I think so, but I only really consider the story and setting of a game when I think about whether it belongs in a franchise or not. (The three first SWAT games spanned three widely different genres, but they were all SWAT games nonetheless.) But it sure didn't have the same feel to it. It didn't look similar, because of the new engine. It didn't quite play the same either. It did have it's own atmosphere, though, which I haven't really found again either, not even in Lockdown.

I guess what I'm getting at is that for a new Ghost Recon game to have the same feel that the original GR did, it will have to be pretty much identical. Same engine, same overall gameplay.. Same feel. Of course, I doubt we'll ever see the day when a developer releases a game using slightly updated five-year-old technology and five-year-old gameplay. Everything gets updated, which means it also changes. And as the gap between the old and the new grows bigger, so do the changes.

Anyway, I guess I just filled my annual posting quota. Better get back to lurking in silent mode now. Feel free to agree or disagree :P

Excellent post..... and some good points Day. Its true that we have waited so long for this, the 'gap' has widened as has our expectations. Ultimately the yard stick by which this will be measured will be if it brings as much joy to the 'old' GR heads as it does to the new breed. Its a difficult job to please both camps........ .

I think I need to wait for my full copy.......we'll see if that 'X' factor appears after a while........ .Ultimately we will have to move on, I hope that GRAW will make us all feel at home!!!

Agreed, if they can do that ALOT of people would be satisfied !! Those things are the only thing I see lacking in this game, AND dedicated server files !! Other than the things above, I absolutely love this game so far !!

I think I need to wait for my full copy.......we'll see if that 'X' factor appears after a while........ .Ultimately we will have to move on, I hope that GRAW will make us all feel at home!!!

I don't need the full copy to know that the game "plays" better than any fps I've ever played. What I need the full copy for is maps, and what we all need modding tools for is the game's life support.

I don't need the full copy to know that the game "plays" better than any fps I've ever played. What I need the full copy for is maps, and what we all need modding tools for is the game's life support.

so you mean that in demo when there is no Peak-mode and jumping you say sucks, while full retail have then right? :rofl:

The truth is, GRAW is GR evolved. not in ways everyone likes, but hardware has changed, tactics have changed, i guess the demo closed or opened according to ones view, how many people will move on to continue GRAW.

this reminds me of people who used to go to dance clubs. like some say, they get tired of the same old scene and stop going. I think the real issue is some people have changed. they might not realize it but they have changed.

GRAW will live on for those who love and die by those who don't. the demo sorta made this happen. :g_withgrin:

i thnk theyre just addicted to no-recoil gameplay , theyre just not 1337 anymore since it got added ...

goin back to GR1 would be like playin a flash game ... the graphics are there , and i can just point and click ...

" i dont care if i weigh 120 pounds soaking wet , im going to shoot this SAW until my mag runs out without repositioning my pointer " , its all about the mileage people .

Edited by Dimz

i thnk theyre just addicted to no-recoil gameplay , theyre just not 1337 anymore since it got added ...

goin back to GR1 would be like playin a flash game ... the graphics are there , and i can just point and click ...

" i dont care if i weigh 120 pounds soaking wet , im going to shoot this SAW until my mag runs out without repositioning my pointer " , its all about the mileage people .

pointblank good point. good stuff Dimz. weight does matter in the game.