GRAW MP Q&A + screenshot

The more you win the more you get to buy weapons and items to customize them.

How exactly do you buy weapons? Is there a mexican pawn shop on the corner? :P

You gain "Tactical points". And when you take over different zones that are connected to your base, you will be supplied with various items seeing you have a "connection" to your homebase.

If I understod it correctly...

Just read this.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very positive to the Domination mode and hope this will be the one that most serious clans will play as it will not result in killing one of and then camp out in a corner. Moving objectives has always been the best solution to camp-situations.

Few modes are also a good thing as we it doesn't split up the community in way to many fractions.

The more you win the more you get to buy weapons and items to customize them.

How exactly do you buy weapons? Is there a mexican pawn shop on the corner? :P

You gain "Tactical points". And when you take over different zones that are connected to your base, you will be supplied with various items seeing you have a "connection" to your homebase.

If I understod it correctly...

Just read this.

o i c thnx for the pic. v1d30 g4m35 m4d3 m3 5700p1d

Edited by RLCSeMPeRFi

Domination Mode is TvT, but with STRATEGIC objectives, making it more challanging.

Exactly. Don't see how this doesn't count as TvT. If thats the way you want to play it, go for it. You might be disadvanted by the opposition playing it more tactically ;)

If you think capturing zones makes things automatically more challenging and strategic, go play BF2.

If you guys think TvT Deathmatch is a combat orgy that lacks tactics, don't play -- you won't last long.

On the other hand, if you want to face the ultimate in challenge and tactics, play TvT Deathmatch with no respawns against an organized and practiced squad.

We'll have to see about domination. It should be fun. I'm sure there will be deathmatch. They would cut too deeply into their profits if there weren't. And as far as seige goes, it sounds to me like some clever modders will have something like seige -- Domination with two zones, maybe??? -- ready in no time. :thumbsup:

(...)

This is exactly what GR has been calling for in Team v Team battles.  Thank Christ, no thank GRIN, that the days of taking one kill and hiding in the Hotel on MBC are over.

(...)

I never liked that hotel anyway, they always seem te be giving me the wrong key because every room I tried I couldn't open it. The elevators were always out of order and I couldn't even go to the toilet because it had none. Not to complain about those two open windows at the end of the hallway. That draught gave me a cold lots of times. No I rather prefer one of those tentcamps in the mountains nice scenery also :grin1:

(2)What do you mean by this, did people who played GRAW at i27 say you didn't notice that textbox? Where they blind  :rofl:

If you read this post by Citizen Kained who played GRAW at i27 you'll understand.

Regardless of being able to move up 90 degrees, having a chat box ingame present all the time could be messy. Let's just twiddle our thumbs and wait.

Ok I got it, the textbox is blocking the view of the soldier at 80 degrees up. I thought they couldn't see the textbox itself because of some ingame settings. Stupid me :sheep:

Well although im dissapointed about deathmatch not included im also happy that it should be put in via a patch, I don't understand why the buying of weapons was put in though, kinda of spoils it for me, you don't see weapon shops in war zones.

Yes this is a game but supposedly a realistic one, i will wait for the deathmatch to be added b4 i buy this now. Might sound sad i know but i like it to feel as real as poss, and enetring a weapon selction sdcreen to buy more firepower is not my idea of real. :nono:

I'm digging the supply lines feature. If a team goes berserk and doesn't cover their tracks you can just choke their supply, and like an embargo during a way, it'll just take time for you to take over two zones (or more) for the price of one.

Question: If one of your zone loses its supply, players no can no longer spawn in that zone until the supply line zone is recovered, correct? I might have misread something somewhere though. :unsure:

Well although im dissapointed about deathmatch not included im also happy that it should be put in via a patch, I don't understand why the buying of weapons was put in though, kinda of spoils it for me, you don't see weapon shops in war zones.

Yes this is a game but supposedly a realistic one, i will wait for the deathmatch to be added b4 i buy this now. Might sound sad i know but i like it to feel as real as poss, and enetring a weapon selction sdcreen to buy more firepower is not my idea of real.  :nono:

If you want to talk realism then leave deathmatch out of it.

Buy weapons? I said a number of times - this is Supply Lines. Get supplies to the troops. An army without a supply line is a dead army :nono:

:g_withgrin: I'm trusting GRINs judment call on this even though I hate BF2. They haven't let us down so far and if they say they will release the TDM patch soon we should trust them on it. I would rather have the game now without a buggy DM mode than wait for another delay. This mode of Domination looks interesting enough to play for awhile. I don't know about competitions on dom but it will do until a TDM/LMS patch arrives. With a few server settings and no respawns, domination mode quickly becomes LMS. Edited by RLCSeMPeRFi

If you want to talk realism then leave deathmatch out of it.

Okay is playing the Domination mode possible with NO respawns at all? If not than I don't see how Domination can be more realistic than Last Man Standing (TvT survival mode). TvT is the most realistic mode when you play it w/o respawns. It was the most played gametype mode in GR1. Too bad it got left out due to time constraints. You can start flaming or whatever but this is my opinion and I know there are loads of ppl feeling the same way.

ps. Can't wait for the demo to see if GR:AW has the GR1 feeling to it :g_guns:

Edited by FuryTM

huoh! Like always! Always there is whiners and all! if im going to be sometimes a Developer, i just ignore them! If they are true Game fans, they will accept everything game gives! whiners are NOT true fans! And i think some of you are liars here :P .

oh and GRIN, Did you know that only 1 % of all players play Campaign to the end? What a waste, well please me with that, so instead TvT make people play SP!

now! i think people undertand how stupid they are!

"If no one will play Sp, im not bying this game at all" !!!!!

:whistle:

Edited by capteenix

well, 16 players isnt exactly an army, is it? And with those chestrigs used in Graw, I really dont see the need too get back to the support lines to to gear up again for a 20 to 30 min firefight. ;)

the ghosts aint meant to be a army they are meant to be a tacticle squad of elite members.

Like in SAS, they dont use 100 members for 1 mission.

^ Correct.

I'm very positive to the Domination mode and hope this will be the one that most serious clans will play as it will not result in killing one of and then camp out in a corner.

We share the same dream! :lol:

yes i also think this is a good idea, when the game is released people will get use to it, and then that will mean more people will play the gametype, so we will get much better games, instead half of the comunity playing TDM and the rest split over domination, DM, etc. :thumbsup:

Well guys, let's just wait till we get the game before we chew on it. Remember, there are alot of assuming going on. assuming as I was told in basic training makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me".

I think GRAW will be a game that will be hard to best :g_cheers:

@ the GRIN defenders--

Hey, I'm with you in spirit; I love these guys at GRIN that give us their time, that have been developing a game that I have every reason to believe will suck up a huge chunk of my free time for years to come, and I'm personally bothered by posts to GRIN guys that I see as harassment, or unhospitable, or lacking gratitude.

HOWEVER, no deathmatch? :blink:

I don't think it's a reason for childish whining or empty "I'm not buying" threats, but could anyone really expect that people wouldn't express disappointment?

I'll be playing this game regardless, and I know I will love it, but no deathmatch? I know it's coming. I know it's getting patched in. I know this is getting fixed, but disappointment is all about someone's expectations not being met, and while I think many of the whiny posts of late are trash because they're based on unrealistic and unfounded expectations, I think that everyone expected TDM -- even those who don't play it expected it -- and I think one thing that is unrealistic is for anyone to expect that people wouldn't or shouldn't be disappointed that it won't be in the game at the time of release. I would hope people would deal with that disappointment maturely, but I don't think it's out of line to express disappointment at GR:AW's exclusion of GR1's most popular MP mode at its release.

That said, let's have just a little more patience. We'll have deathmatch soon enough. The game is on the horizon, and we will love it. :thumbsup:

Well now, the same interview is up at C&VG, in that same old "we'll post another Q&A without clearly stating where it came from way. :D

It's funny how this is one of their forum rules:

- Pasting copyrighted material from other sites

If you’ve spotted something on another site that you want to share with fellow forum users, by all means provide a link to it or summarise the story in your post. Don’t just copy and paste huge chunks of text directly from another site – chances are it’ll be copyrighted material, and chances are, they won’t be too happy with it appearing un-credited on our forums.

But I guess top level content isn't the same as a forum post :D