1up Preview

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was VTH_F_Smith who found it and posted already in a news on our fansite :thumbsup:

The animation at the start looks so real when the guy goes up the ramp crouched, it's like yourself would move in real if you are him. :D

Edited by BigSM

Great find, wow nice video indeed, i really love the sounds, excellent job whoever done those, sorry if this has been answered but is there any word on cooking grenades at all?.

I like the dust that comes of the walls etc when shot really nice and full.

I can't wait for this game so close now. :P

While downloading the video, I noticed something.

Did someone else notice the DOF (depth of field) in the background in this shot?

http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offs...558&mId=2818950

Bo, can you confirm that Diesel 6.0/GRAW supports DOF?

There was disscussion about this a while back, i thought it was anisotropic filtering but Bo said that was kindergarten, maybe it's dof than?

Did someone else notice the DOF (depth of field) in the background in this shot?

There was disscussion about this a while back, i thought it was anisotropic filtering but Bo said that was kindergarten, maybe it's dof than?

Yearh, I remember that conversation, I was therefor hoping that Bo could confirm the DOF since its quite evident in the shot. (unless its some pixelshader trick that makes a DOF-like effect)

There are a few other nice perks like the real beauty of the game's engine. Like its 360 sibling, this is a game that will make you feel better about your gaming investment. On our early build it already looks and sounds spectacular enough to make our PC feel like a "sound investment," instead of an "overpriced toy." -- and it's comparable to if not nicer looking than the 360 version.

A few years of grea tgameing coming up.

There's a thing that bothers me though. Why in all the preview movies we seen has no one used the XM8? :( Is it crappy compared to the other weapons ingame? Or are there other reasons?

I'm very curious about the sound of that gun... :unsure:

There's a thing that bothers me though. Why in all the preview movies we seen has no one used the XM8?  :( Is it crappy compared to the other weapons ingame? Or are there other reasons?

I'm very curious about the sound of that gun...  :unsure:

there was, why there is no Ak-47, or M16, Sa80? for same reason

A few things get answered by this new video that some people were worried about.

-The recoil with the MR-C in full auto and while standing is quite obvious and realistic.

-Granates can be thrown at least approx. 30 meters.

Edited by agentkay

Yearh, I remember that conversation, I was therefor hoping that Bo could confirm the DOF since its quite evident in the shot. (unless its some pixelshader trick that makes a DOF-like effect)

Yepp confirmed.

-The recoil with the MR-C in full auto and while standing is quite obvious and realistic.

Yes . I also noticed that short bursts allowes you to control your rifle but when you use fullauto longer than 1.5 sec your gun goes up drastically. I like that very much :grin1: