YOTM Released!

Rocky

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for the troubles some of you have been having with the DL.  The mod is unfortunately quite large and I guess I never really expected it to take off as fast as it did.  We literally haver thousands of downloads already.

With Frostbite having 27,055 and WOI having 24,244 downloads at last count just at 3d Retreat, I fully expected a mod of similar calibre like YOTM would be HUGE. So it was good that there were least a couple mirrors from the get go :thumbsup:

BTW, the 3dR dload link is here:

http://files.3dretreat.com/file.asp?fileid=664

i tried it out last night with a few guysand again today on my own.

spectacular in every way.

such attention to detail.

initially at the start of the first mission i thought, gee not many tangoes, this will be a breeze.

how wrong i was...lol.

sniped several times, tripping over wire explosives, getting rained down in a hail of heavy machine gun cross fire.

beautiful work.

now the only thing i want to know - where are the public servers hosting this, and can i and a few others get in on the action plz.

thanx

Lighty.

gr8 job modders, much much much respect.

I've played almost every mod out there and have waited a loooog time for this one and I have to say that I'm very disapointed!!! Not impressed at all with the maps or game play. Good old HX5 and DA4.9 put YOTM to shame

Obviously you have no clue what you're talking about. :rofl:

Who need GRAW if we have Mods like YOTM....

The Atmosphere is great, the Chrs correct and the Missions really fine. The Sound are well done.

IMO better tham IT so i give a 11 from 10 :D

The Idea with the Cinematic Missions is really (damned, i had the same Idea for my EOC Mod ! :D ) but i was forced to wait for YOTM.

Edited by Sixpence

I've played almost every mod out there and have waited a loooog time for this one and I have to say that I'm very disapointed!!! Not impressed at all with the maps or game play. Good old HX5 and DA4.9 put YOTM to shame

Ah, how boring the place would be if everyone agreed. Thank you.

:blink:

Could someone take some screenshots from this mod? I would like to see how those Seals look like before I buy ghost recon again. (too bad I was forced to sell it years ago when I really needed some cash :wall: )

I would really appreciate if someone could do that..thanks

Could someone take some screenshots from this mod? I would like to see how those Seals look like before I buy ghost recon again. (too bad I was forced to sell it years ago when I really needed some cash  :wall: )

I was planning on, I'll try later tonight.

Lovin this mod! :thumbsup::)

I have run into a snag... mission 5.... I can't steal the boat.... how do you trigger the 'steal'.

I've tried everything... did 'diversion'... but boat just sits there while I run around it.

I then killed em all! ... and still can't steal the boat. :o=

Thanks!... but until I get this figured out... can't proceed.

GREAT up to this point! :):):)

Thank You all involved. Great to see a huge mod pull through like this, affirming once again that this is one the best communities around. Won't get much time to play the mod before I go back to school tonight, but I can't wait to give this mod the time it deserves.

:thumbsup: Thanks again.

Could someone take some screenshots from this mod? I would like to see how those Seals look like before I buy ghost recon again. (too bad I was forced to sell it years ago when I really needed some cash  :wall: )

There's some small pics of the various elements of the mod on the official site.

http://www.yearofthemonkey.org/

One of the coolest things is they got authentic Vietnamese in the mod. Nice attention to detail :thumbsup:

Yeh when I saw then tending their fields, and I know it's just a small thing, but it lent so much to the whole ambience of the level, I thought it was awesome.

One of the coolest things is they got authentic Vietnamese in the mod. Nice attention to detail :thumbsup:

Yeh when I saw then tending their fields, and I know it's just a small thing, but it lent so much to the whole ambience of the level, I thought it was awesome.

Believe me, if we had our way we would have had even more of this kind of detail, but unfortunately building this mod was a real lesson in figuring out just how much the engine really could take before it crapped out.