how did you obtain your game name

shadow2k1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, ok. That is the LAMEST joke ever to be conceived by human mind. So what? If you are still reading this crap instead of doing something semi-productive with your life it's not my fault

ROFLMFAO!! :lol::hehe:! That's hysterical! :)

As for mine... Uhhh... I wont go into details. But anyway, I just kinda thought mine up. I used to go by names like: DieHard008, Eminemzy33, DJ_Blizzard, Dark_Sniper_88, and Road_Rash_88. However, none of these names were very 'flashy', 'cool' or 'unique' So I basically thought "What's the coolest name I can think of, that everyone will remember?"

My list: Ruin, Myth, and.. okay, so that's all I can think of now. But I recently added a new one Voltaire. Yes, the famous enlightened guy who will soon be placed at the bottom of my sig. :)

But no details. :P

well.. my last name is yovanovich. nobody on my rifle team wants to say that whole thing (they cant pronounce it correctly anyway :angry: ) or write it out on all my targets.. so im "yovan" to the rifle team.

well, someone had already taken yovan@hotmail.com .. so i tried tyovan@hotmail.com .. still taken :wall::o=

so i settled for tyovan4@hotmail.com .. and the rest is history :rocky:

I had a list of names I thought up. Most of them were animals or monsters, Shark, Werewolf, Tiger, Lion, etc. I finally settled for Raptor. When I first signed up for the ghostrecon.net forums Raptor was already taken, so I added 9 to it. And here I am :)

Edited by Raptor9

How I got my name...?

Nobody here is cleared for that information.

What the...um...uhhhh...were all friends hear right? Ok whatever you want man. :P

My name? well, I'm a die-hard Star Wars fan, so I was originally going to do "Yoda", but since my objective is to become a Ranger, I was playing around with that name...but I've been told I can be very "dark" and well "Characterized by or expressive of a foreboding somberness." I also have the worst gutter mind in my portion of the land. :o So I though "Dark Ranger" was fitting...

Edit: Hey Shadow2k1, post your story too... :blink:

Edited by Dark Ranger

Pff god knows how I came up with this, probly due to my crap typing/spelling. <_<

Ive been asked alot though, and the responce is always a short but sweet "I dunno".

Seems everyone always spells it "Sartilles" without the other i. Funny really, ive seen it spelled like that in a bunch of threads. :) Cant blame em though, if I dont even know how I got it, im shure not going to blame anyone for spelling it wrong. :P

Well, here's my story:

_1G_ = First Generation Just my team name (the _ makes it come up first in gaming rooms)

HiLandR= Highlander, My last name is Gordon, and my family was a part of the famous Gordon Highlanders a Scottish fighting clan that found itself in service of the Queen all over the world.

my real online name is htdgflvrdwtr. had to shorten it to hotdog for GR :( anyway it started while playing an online racing game a few years ago. i was first going by Devilman13 but really that was unoriginal. at the time i was listening to Limp Bizkit 24/7 so i started messing around with ways to use the album title as a name and came up with htdgflvrdtwr. the name stuck and i still use it in any game that will allow that many letters with a team jacket.

well well well, how did "Major Maximum" come into play?

in the comic book/game Danger Girl the arch-enemy has this pet project/ head goon named "Major Maxim" and he looked so. frikkin. cool.

after a while, i eventually started playing online games.(i think the very first one must've been Starcraft....) and i thought"hmmm..." and even though it is a misspelling, it looks better!

heh im the thread starter and i forgot to post my story hehe :wacko:

for me, i played alot of paintball and i used to hide in the shadows of the trees and foilage and move from shadow to shadow shooting the other players so the other players named me "the shadow" but it looked to plain and there were so many other shadows out there so i first added a 1 to make it shadow1, and remained shadow1 until the year 2001 when alot of personal events happened in my life which now leaves me with shadow2k1

I first came upon my name in world history class two years ago when we discussed Charles Martel and his stopping the muslims from moving into Europe. At the battle of tours he got his "martel" or Charles the Hammer. My first name is Charles and my style of playing is not real subtle, its to just "hammer" my enemies in games until they're finished off, so I figured it would be appropriate.

C