Forum Habits ..

calius

I was wondering while looking at the forum who are lazy and who have funny habbits while browsing these here forums.

For example .. I never have a link to the forum I have my browser link to the main news page, then I goto forum. Also ... I dont think Ive hardly ever viewed further than the first page of threads, does anyone ever go to page 2 or more ?

Who searches? I understand searching is good for not repeating a question etc, but who has a habit of searching?

Own up .... who looks whos currently online and then click there name to see where they are looking and hop to that thread ?? Names like Serellan ..... (cough) :ph34r: .

Who reads the bloggs? I stared at it once, and never did go back to look ...

Why do people never make good use of the "Post Icon" (like the question mark for this post) ...

Anyone ever stolen someones Sig / Avatar?

Anyone been banned or warned for a "dodgy" sig avatar?

Whats the worst spelled post you have made IE world record EDITS for one post? (like this one LOL :wacko: )

Whats your habits & mysteries of the forums? Anything wierd and wonderfull happened to you? Got any questions that have bugged you about odd little things on the forum?

Edited by calius

For example .. I never have a link to the forum I have my browser link to the main news page, then I goto forum. Also ... I dont think Ive hardly ever viewed further than the first page of threads, does anyone ever go to page 2 or more ?

At home I have a link to the news page, at work to the forums. I read entire threads all the time.

Who searches? I understand searching is good for not repeating a question etc, but who has a habit of searching?

ALL the time!

Own up ....  who looks whos currently online and then click there name to see where they are looking and hop to that thread ??  Names like Serellan .....  (cough)  :ph34r: .

I read the currently online list, click to see where people are (not just the "big" names) to monitor traffic and see which threads the guests are reviewing.

Who reads the bloggs?  I stared at it once, and never did go back to look ...

I do. Some are quite funny. :lol:

Why do people never make good use of the "Post Icon" (like the question mark for this post) ...

I think there are many people here that don't understand all the features. I've often thought about creating a "user guide."

I haven't, but it has happened.... more than once. :blink:

Warnings have been issued for such things. I don't recall any bans, but I remember my crack down on offensive avatars....

Am I obssessed with this forum? It sure looks like it. I need a life. :(

I don't like posts that look like some Internet chat room. "u", "cuz", stuff like that.

I can't stand when someone post, say, three photos, then someone else quotes them... and the three photos.

I can't stand pointless one emoticon posts. " :thumbsup: "

I can't stand emoticon battles. " :support::snipe: "

I don't like signatures, thank god for the "turn off" feature.

I HATE CAPS.

I hate fancy names "-=:~Di$a$terMa$ter~:=-"

I hate "LOL!" replies.

Sorry. Anyway, I'm a forum stalker. I check the currently online thing a lot.

For example .. I never have a link to the forum I have my browser link to the main news page, then I goto forum.
I'm the opposite. I haven't been to the news page in a year.

Also ... I dont think Ive hardly ever viewed further than the first page of threads, does anyone ever go to page 2 or more ?

If the first page interests me, then yes I read past the first page. For example: I've read every page of Calling all Aussies. But there are plenty of threads I've only read a page of or have never even been to.

Own up ....  who looks whos currently online and then click there name to see where they are looking and hop to that thread ??  Names like Serellan .....  (cough)  :ph34r: .
I do every once in a while when I'm bored. I've chased Nightmare, Slink and Dan around the forums a couple of times. I just like picking on people.

I read the blogs back when they were new and people were posting in them.

I have no idea.

I've had the same avatar since I joined. And all my sigs have been given to me by Nightmare (who I just found out is now WytchDokta) or Dan.

Whats the worst spelled post you have made IE world record EDITS for one post? (like this one LOL  :wacko: )
Not very many. I try to get things right the first time. ;) When I edit a post it usually has to do with forgetting something, not spelling. I think my record for that is 4.

Whats your habits & mysteries of the forums?
Forum habits? So you want to know how obsessive compulsive I am? I do the same thing every day (except rare occasions when I get a PM). I log in as soon as I can (first thing after class every day). Then I click View New Posts. That usually returns 2 or 3 pages of posts. I go through opening all the threads I want to read on the first page in new windows. Then I read them (leaving open any that I want to reply to). Go to the second page of new posts. Do the same thing. I continue this until I'm through all the pages. Then I reply to whatever threads are still open. I do this because 1. I'm obsessive compulsive and I've always done it that way, so I will always do it that way and 2. that way I know what all has happened since I was last here before I reply to anything. Saves a lot of asking people what they're talking about, or editing posts. After I've replied to everything I'm going to reply to I hit View New Posts to see if anything interesting popped up while I was busy. Then I log off and go do other things. Then I'll check in again in the afternoon. I read through the new posts the same way I do in the morning.

If I've gotten a PM, I answer it first. Then I do the standard routine.

I don't really have any mysteries.

A lot of times when a reply takes a long time (like this one) I hit Preview Post just so I can see what people have said while I'm typing. For example I was the first person to read this thread, but 3 people have posted before me.

I don't like posts that look like some Internet chat room. "u", "cuz", stuff like that.
I don't read posts that look like that. Or l33t crap. I hate that ######.

I hate "LOL!" replies

Me too.

I HATE CAPS.

NONE OF THESE REALLY BOTHER ME ALL THAT MUCH. :shifty: Although I don't type in all caps myself or have emoticon battles.

I like to do long posts with lots of quotes.

I can't stand when someone post, say, three photos, then someone else quotes them... and the three photos.

I HATE CAPS.

I hate "LOL!" replies.

Sorry. Anyway, I'm a forum stalker. I check the currently online thing a lot.

@$-S4RT-$, U ROCK LOL.

After having been subject to a couple recent posts that made no use of punctuation or spacing, I am trying to better my habits in regards to grammar. See, before this effort, this post would've read something like this ...

man, people suck at writing.  i mean, ######, didnt theyre mama teach em nuthin about how to write?!  ###### me dude.

I kiss modders bums.    :yes:

WTMI dude. Are you sure you want to let everyone know that stuff?

Look at it this way WK. At least now you know whose bums have had lips on them already so you know who has the virgin's ones for you to kiss. :rofl::rofl:

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

I go straight to the forums, and I only go to page 2 if im looking for something.

Yeah, usually if i have the feeling something have been re-posted.

sometimes....

Who reads the bloggs?  I stared at it once, and never did go back to look ...

Yes, i have one!

Im a big fan!

I never have, well, atleast not from this site.

'the man' has cracked down on my sigs twice, different reasons both times.

Whats the worst spelled post you have made IE world record EDITS for one post? (like this one LOL  :wacko: )

Have done it millions of times, but being a supporter, i can choose if it says "edited by..." or not :P

Whats your habits & mysteries of the forums? Anything wierd and wonderfull happened to you? Got any questions that have bugged you about odd little things on the forum?

I always use fast reply, I always type in the BB code tag by hand (like the quotes for this post), I hate overuse of smilies, I read from the bottom of the forum up, starting with OT, and ending in the GRAW pit, hate stupid names (see sart's post), hate CAPS.

undefined

Same here! My link goes to main news (GR1) and then i go straight to the forums - straight to 'read new posts'

Never done a search!

Own up .... who looks whos currently online and then click there name to see where they are looking and hop to that thread ?? Names like Serellan ..... (cough) .

Have done this occasionally.

Who reads the bloggs? I stared at it once, and never did go back to look ...

Never been there!

I'm not aware of how to use them - or what they mean!

Nope!

Not me!

Whats the worst spelled post you have made IE world record EDITS for one post? (like this one LOL )

Carnt remmmebner!

I'm interested in how the posts get updated - i.e If i post a reply to a post, can I sit and watch it to see if i get a reply or do i need to refresh the page?

Edited by nuttyknatty

coz itz sil-E.

Hehe, type like a hardcore rave-R. I also don't like it when somebod-E tries to rock da part-E by asking a nu question which ain't nu, it's just a repeat question of what somebod-E else alread-E posted. It's a D-funct disgace I tell ya. But I C it alot, there's no S-cape from it. These ppl just need 2 M-brace the NRG, know what I mean Calius?