What did you do for 4 July?

tyovan4

Just curious to see what everyone did/is doing for the Fourth of July??

For myself, I worked yesterday from 3 to 11 at the amusement park. We had fireworks at 10:20, so I stood at the top of the biggest hill in the park with 2 of my Slovak friends and 2 of my Polish friends and watched the fireworks. Pretty impressive I think - especially the grand finale.

Today.. Slept in until 11, and I'm just gonna take it easy enjoying a day off work :rocky:

And maybe go back to the amusement park and chat with someone I have an interest in.. :wub::whistle:

and I'm just gonna take it easy enjoying a day off work :rocky:

:yes:

I spent six hours yesterday stripping tint, film, and glue off cars. I'm tired.

Although I'll do something really stupid with my friends tonight. :)

Watched the pilot and first episode of The A Team, then watched about 1/2 of formula one, started sanding down some pieces for my next scale model, then watched 1/2 of some tennis while eating, then watched the Euro 2004 final and made some stupid pictures. It rained for most of today which is why I stayed inside.

Watched the longest parade in Maine (even included a guy on a lawn mower), the traditional barbecue, fireworks sponsored by LL Bean, thought about our friends in Iraq, sat on the porch until the clouds covered the moon and we couldn't see the bay any longer. A good day.

:( What a weekend :( All Star Sprint speedweek final race Rained Out. Couldn't ride my 919 because if it wasn't raining it looked like it was going to poor any minute. So it was stay home and watch the NASCAR truck and car race and some GR action. :o=

I saw a fireworks show on the third. I don't know why they had a show on the third, but they did. There weren't any around here yesterday.

Last night I shot off a couple dozen bottle rockets, and a bunch of other fireworks (about a bag full). I still have two shopping bags full of fireworks. I'll blow them up tonight. :D

Yeah I watched the Pepsi 400 Saturday night. I loved that move the Jr did (to bad it couldn't have been the last lap though). Shades of his daddy that's for sure.

O yeah that was a awsome move he made made but yeah too bad he didnt win the race . DAMN YOU GORDON :P

Hmmn... it's been interesting around here with the 4th being a Sunday.

So on the 3rd I blew crap up and had BBQ with my girlfriend's family. Her grandpa is dang good with a grill, so naturally (like any good southern family) they made Ribs, Taters, Beans, Biscuits, and all the good stuff.

On the 4th I came home for a bit, saw my mom and grandma come back. We decided that we weren't going tot he fireworks here (in the town we're currently in) so I met up with my lady and went and saw fireworks from the school parking lot, very fun. :)

On the 4th I came home for a bit, saw my mom and grandma come back. We decided that we weren't going tot he fireworks here (in the town we're currently in) so I met up with my lady and went and saw fireworks from the school parking lot, very fun. :)

BTW - the fireworks for the town you're currently in was held Saturday night, July 3rd. The two neighboring towns for where you go to school held their fireworks displays on the 4th. :whistle:

I went hiking with my dad and best friend to our favourite lake (a 3 hour hike away), picked Morel mushrooms along the way (the area [and I mean 100's of square kilometres] around our camp burned up in last summers forest fires), sold the mushrooms and made $72, went to the natural hot springs on the way back which reek of sulpher, and arrived hoem at 9:20.

Oh, and it rained the WHOLE day, I didn't catch any fish (although I did have one reeled almost all the way to shore before it got off) and when the ash get rained on its slippier then frogs mating.... erm I mean "greased lightening"......

But, hey, I'm Canadian.

I may not be American, but hell, I was in the spirit of blowing stuff up, a friend of mine brought down about a pound of black cats (top-grade firecrackers) from the US, and boy, we had some good times

There was the tree we blew up, the 2-4 of coke we blew up, a bunch of scrap wood doused in gasoline, an empty Co2 cartridge from a paintball gun, a phone book, a seet of swings, an old tire, and last but not least, we tied 20 together and blew up a barbie.....