SA80 - Why, or why not?

Hath

:thumbsup:

SA80 and the M4 wit frags are awesome kits. The OICW wit Gl is ok, but I use it in urban settings on multiplayer. The Mp5 SD kit rocks as well. Esp for peekin corners or strafin them enemies, if u got the skillz!

I've been playin GR for a long time now. SA80 was the 1st kit I used and since then, I've been using it and sometimes I strafe off to OICW/GL or MM1 for a barrage of nade spammin. Just to "###### in someone's corn flakes!"

:P

Well, this topic is sure fun to chat about! :o=

It shouldn't matter a damn what weapon someone has. If you're going to whine that someone is only killing you because they have an 80, you need to either practise alot more or pick a better weapon. Using a less accurate weapon doesn't make you 'ard, it makes me an idiot.

I'm partial to the M16 and AK74. I don't play alot of team, but if I end up dead alot of the time I'd probably change weapon if it wasn't working out for me.

Maybe because I usually play sniper, but I prefer silenced weapons. Working in teams with silenced weapons by far outweighs high body counts. I think the Stoner SD might be the best weapon in the game.

In close quarters, I prefer grenades rather than a grenade launcher. The OIC would be great if you could carry grenades as well, but I find that the launcher is great on some maps, but bouncing grenades around corners usually works better for me.

A good player will adapt to the strengths and weaknesses of whatever weapon he is using. Having said that, if two players of equal skill are going head to head and one is using a weapon with better stats than the other, the former player obviously has an advantage over the latter. To what degree depends on the stats, but it is an advantage none the less.

In other words, a good player will own you with a straw and spit-wads, whereas a not-so-good player couldn't kill you if both of his arms were replaced with chainguns and he had laser beam eyes.

No that's not what I said.

What I said is that a good player will take the straw and paper, study the the way the weapon performs, and adjust his style to put paper on target.

Then I said that if two players that are exactly equally matched are going head to head, the advantage goes to which ever one is using the weapon with better stats.

IMO they shoulda taken out the zoom for all guns... except for the ones with scope. I mean how does the zoom thing actually work? I can't see how a m16 has zoom???

Also I think what would be cool are laser sights and stuff like that. Like in terminator 2 when Sarah Connor aims the laser sight on the Guy responsible for skynet... whoa that looked so awesome.

I use the SA-80 all the time I also am a sniper but I find that the SA -80 has great range and can almost be used as a sniper rifle the zoom is fantastic, but I don't reccomend this weapon to everyone it takes a bit of getting used to........... :nono:

1e4.jpg

Edited by tazzman

Im lovin lookin at this, all u guys prasing the SA-80, but if u ask any British serviceman(or woman ;) ) theyll tell u it is a peice o crap. They cant handle one bit of sand or mud, and are heavey and annoying, and need constant maintenance

tottaly agree with ReconSnake and slientnight...

I play muliplpayer quite a lot... way to much in fact (but that's another story :rofl: )

Well most of the time I use the sightee. However, when I try sniper (kit1, sr25sd) or rifleman (oicw, m4socom) my score is not much different.

The sightee has a clear advantage in close combat (corners, corridors) AND open space (as u can stop, zoom and aim so fast and well). So you can basically be more on the offensive with that baby, and take advantage of the so precious "surprise" effect. However, other weapons have other qualities. Precision and stealth may outweigth sa80 advantages in some situations. PLus grenades and sensors work against the sa80 (Am i the only guy that thinks that the sa80 of kit sa80+frag is less precise than the one of kit sa80+amno???). So if you take the sa80 or the oicw or any other weapon, what count most is knowing and setting you in the situations which suits the best the qualities of your weapon (considering you handle them with an equivalent level of dexterity))

I know it means nothing, but it sounds sooo smart, doesn't it ? :P

And the real life sigthee... well crap but still better than the oicw (which is heavier than a tank). sig552 rulez (and famas, but it is a french weapon u know... can you trust a french weapon?)

cya

there is no spoon

roselan

Edited by roselan

Aaarrrggghhhh! All I ever see anyone use anymore in multi-play is either the SA-80(which in real life I think is a piece of crap because it can only be fired right-handed due to the ejector port being at your cheek, and it's not that accurate), or the oicw. I knew the SA-80 in its first incarnation as the L-85A1 and we gave it the nick "Reggea Rifle" because it was always jammin'. As for the oicw, I can't see how the game gives it the accuracy it does because of the shortness of the barrel and the shortness of the sighting plane. I always play with either the m-4 or m-4 socom, or sopmod if it's available. I just like to see people using something different.

GR guns are really screwed up, there is no doubt about that. M16, FAL and AK are the most used rifles in the world... so basicly they cant be crappy. But in GR they are inferior to SA80 and OICW (never used in combat, except the G36 part of the weapon) which ###### me off. People who only use SA80 are quit booring and simple. I for instance like to use all the weapons, for challenge and to ###### off people using SA80. Its so much fun to spray led over someone with M249 or other SAW/LMGs.

SA80 doens't make anyone good. I rarely use it since it has let me down too many times. Tactics, experience makes a players good. It doesnt matter what gun I use. My mind and experience does the most killing, my gun just finnishes the guy. I used it quite much half a year ago, but it came totally boring since it is superior to other weapons which is stupid. Creators better not fu(k up in GR2, but get some real knowledge about the weapons.

ok ok I confess :ph34r:

Yes I do often use a SA80 or OICW :yes: because in GR they are the best by far for most occasions. I accept that these weapons would be nothing like that in real life but where not talking about real life? were talking about a computer game & in this game these 2 weapons stand out a mile.

the other day I was playing war of Infamy & I really enjoyed the basic gear & lack of zoom. Funnily enough I was racking up just as many kills as with an SA80 but I was having to work harder & rely more on instinct.

Because of that I enjoyed it more.

So I say yeah Level the playing field, Get the weapon models accurate to there true performance & ditch zoom on guns without a scope. It might make it harder but it'l sort the men from the boys & be more rewarding :thumbsup:

The Sa-80 is the best all round weapon in GR if you ask me. And I use it probably 99.9% of the time.

And imo, the the most dissapointing part of GR is the weapons. You don't have very much choice and everyone pretty much uses the same guns SA80/OICW or sniper.

Many of GR's weapons are useless tbh for the vast majoirty of maps in theGR series, for they are more close quarter weapons and not very useful for maps other than Embassy or Polling Centre etc.