Ubisoft announce officially the incoming Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an article via neowin.net gaming area that covers this as well. THIS time, I'm NOT paying money for GRAW2 unless it is finished and runs better than GRAW.

I'm a smarter man this time around

@GRIN: I'll give you my copy of Ghost Recon 1. play it. see what we want. what's in GR1 is what we have harped about for the last 5 months.

I'll GIVE you my copy of GR1 so you see what the GR series is supposed to be. no HDR this time. give us Anti aliasing is what we want, no jaggies.

Edited by Papa6

Well... I never played the PC version of GRAW, but I love the 360 version. GRAW2 for the 360 sounds good to me... Oh, and Rainbow Six Vegas is fun! I have the demo and love it!!

EDIT: I supose I Should add in that my fave red storm games were Rogue Spear, and Rogue Spear: Urban Ops. GR1 PC was also a very good game.

Edited by kingotnw

no HDR this time. give us Anti aliasing is what we want, no jaggies.

<sigh> Yet another misconception. It is NOT HDR lighting that doesn't allow us to use AA, it is the deferred lighting. HDR+AA is possible (See Radeon 1xx0 series cards, the Chuck Patch, and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion).

Keep the HDR.

Intresting they are calling it GRAW 2, I'd guess this is really just GR 3.5. Whoever the developers turn out to be will determine wheter I purchase it on PC, or not. Judging by the past trends the expansions are based on the current tech so I'd guess RSE - 360, GRIN - PC. We'll see what happens, but this may be the first GR offering I'll skip (on PC) and just wait for 4.

dark forces

dark forces 2: Jedi knight

Jedi Knight 2

Ghost recon

ghost recon:advanced warfighter

ghost recon:advanced warfighter 2

see a pattern here?:)

Took them years to get GRAW together and they're going to have v. 2 out by March? Can you say same engine? That or the PC market is getting shafted yet again...

or maybe it didnt take "years", it actually took more like "a year".if it had taken "years" then I can guarantee you , you would have gotten Hambuger hill out of the box ;)

<sigh> Yet another misconception. It is NOT HDR lighting that doesn't allow us to use AA, it is the deferred lighting. HDR+AA is possible (See Radeon 1xx0 series cards, the Chuck Patch, and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion).

Keep the HDR.

I tried the Rainbow6 Vegas demo on xbox360, and guess what, plenty of jaggies. Seems like AA does not work on this game either. Vegas uses Unreal Engine 3.0, and I remember from reading somewhere that Gears of War will also not be able to do AA, using same engine. The funny thing is, the game still looks great, but if you visit some xbox forums, kids are already screaming for their AA.

Keep the HDR.

well, whatever

Intresting they are calling it GRAW 2, I'd guess this is really just GR 3.5. Whoever the developers turn out to be will determine wheter I purchase it on PC, or not. Judging by the past trends the expansions are based on the current tech so I'd guess RSE - 360, GRIN - PC. We'll see what happens, but this may be the first GR offering I'll skip (on PC) and just wait for 4.

dark forces

Jedi Knight 2

Ghost recon

Took them years to get GRAW together and they're going to have v. 2 out by March? Can you say same engine? That or the PC market is getting shafted yet again...

or maybe it didnt take "years", it actually took more like "a year".if it had taken "years" then I can guarantee you , you would have gotten Hambuger hill out of the box ;)

it was like 14 months

Rainbow Six Vegas PC is going to be a straight port from 360, I would expect the same for GRAW 2.

You can forget about any GR type features; in Vegas, the working squad consists of 2 men, there is no planning, no mission briefings, everything is given on the fly, the game spans a time frame of about 2 days, the game structure is very similar to GRAW. I would expect that GRAW 2 would be more like GRAW 360.

Rainbow Six Vegas PC is going to be a straight port from 360, I would expect the same for GRAW 2.

You can forget about any GR type features; in Vegas, the working squad consists of 2 men, there is no planning, no mission briefings, everything is given on the fly, the game spans a time frame of about 2 days, the game structure is very similar to GRAW. I would expect that GRAW 2 would be more like GRAW 360.

Well, I think it I is time for another company to release a GR/RVS style game if UBI drops the ball, again. Actually Vegas looks neat but it seems to be a reall console game and not a tactical shooter.

I have Faith in GRiN delivering more of what the GR crowd want this time, but only if UBI release the grip slightly...remember, GRiN gets told whats acceptable and whats not! When i asked for the Recon bit to be included i wasnt asking them to take us back to GR1 game, just include the ability to choose if the ghost team shoots or spots, helps loads when using tactics which lets face it, its not what most xbox owners buy the game for :o= so maybe we should be pressuring UBI and not GRiN.

I was no way implying that GRiN or any member of the development team were involved with the new version of GRAW. :D

dark forces

Jedi Knight 2

Ghost recon

Incorrect

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon Desert Seige expansion

Ghost Recon Island Thunder Expansion

Sum of all Fears (using the GR engine..flopped)

Ghost Recon 2 for XBOX... DROPPED FOR PC

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (still waiting for final fix of all fixes patch)

Expansion? (possibly Christmas by santa posts but who knows)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (rumored)

Well, I think it I is time for another company to release a GR/RVS style game if UBI drops the ball, again. Actually Vegas looks neat but it seems to be a reall console game and not a tactical shooter.

Yeah I think ubisoft forgot what is a tactical shooter. now they just make basic first persons shooter. I guess in the next GRAW, they will include a multiple rocket launcher and a rail gun. and they will call that tactical weapons =)

Edited by Attila

Yeah I think ubisoft forgot what is a tactical shooter. now they just make basic first persons shooter. I guess in the next GRAW, they will include a multiple rocket launcher and a rail gun. and they will call that tactical weapons =)

Correction... i think Redstorm, Grin and the makeers of operation flashpoint are the only ones that know what one are... unfortunatly for GRin... UBI imposted a limited time and told them which directions to develop. As for the new Armed Assault, we will see where that leads...

Edited by ROCOAFZ

Incorrect

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon Desert Seige expansion

Ghost Recon Island Thunder Expansion

Sum of all Fears (using the GR engine..flopped)

Ghost Recon 2 for XBOX... DROPPED FOR PC

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (still waiting for final fix of all fixes patch)

Expansion? (possibly Christmas by santa posts but who knows)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (rumored)

no, correct

I didnt list expansions, I listed full fledges games for the pc, and only games that actually were released, as in no ghost recon 2, and Sum of all fears wasnt a gr game at all, just used the same engine. Hence(I always feel like Joey from Friends when using this word) my name-convention comparison is valid.

it was like 14 months

which is "more like a year" than "years" as 14 months is only 2 months away from a year but atleast 10 months away from "years". Semantics seems to be my thing today :D

But... truthfully... do we need a new game right now or a fix and an expansion.

Most clan gamers welcome expansions, instead of moving all there guys over to a new platform and learning a new system... or will Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 be really an expansion that you can add the pre-existing maps to if you have both.

...6 months since release of GRAW for PC

...still awaiting final? patch to make GRAW PC stable

...hardly any GRAW PC MP community to speak of, but a handful of clans and lonewolfes (see directly above and below for a few reasons)

...still no word of an expansion for GRAW PC

...still no official word of a sequel for GRAW PC

What happened to the successful concept of 'the game of the year 2001', which created a world-wide large community and laid the track open for future successes? :blink:

Is GRIN involved ? :o=

I hope not :mellow:

One thing for sure i will wait for demo and for real reviews after initial hype setle down with my decision of buying another GR title. I still cant sell my damn GRAW copy, i bought it for 40 $ and now noone wants to buy it even for 20$ >_<

But... truthfully... do we need a new game right now or a fix and an expansion.

Most clan gamers welcome expansions, instead of moving all there guys over to a new platform and learning a new system... or will Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 be really an expansion that you can add the pre-existing maps to if you have both.

GRIN I surely hope Bubisoft gives you the green light, it's rare to be able to have conversations with Dev's that have the feel of what the community wants.

As far as Vegas, my hopes are NOT up but I wont give up on it,,, yet. With it being a 100% confirmed port and Third person view(ie no lean and peek) wow things look wishy washy in that camp.

Looking at the upcoming games Ubi has planned for console's, it's not hard to look between the lines and seeing their priorities changing to mostly Console's.

But yet they are a company, and a company looking to make profits, and right now consoles are in full fashion.

I surely hope GRAW 2, expansion pack or whatever brings things back to life for the PC community.

But time will tell....

DD