TEST01 London with 1.05 patch spotted tonight

Must be soon, look what I found. Download Entry.
Well, after 3 days I don't know what the point of that was :rolleyes:
Here we are a week after the "Placeholder" was added to the download section (I know it hasn't been a full week yet, but the patch isn't being released over the weekend). This is a joke. Not as in "ha ha" or a prank, but rather as in "pathetic."

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be soon, look what I found. Download Entry.
Well, after 3 days I don't know what the point of that was :rolleyes:
Here we are a week after the "Placeholder" was added to the download section (I know it hasn't been a full week yet, but the patch isn't being released over the weekend). This is a joke. Not as in "ha ha" or a prank, but rather as in "pathetic."

Geez lighten up, I added that to fill in some time in preparation for it's immanent release. I never anticipated some of you were going to get all stressed over it and start a daily notchboard on it. :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

look guys it is nearly here just hang on, this is no joke. Cant say anymore, as i dont know anymore :0 :)
While that's all fine & dandy, just click this link and read the comment made by steiger: http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php...view&id=789

Regardless of when the patch is released this whole process has been, as he so eloquently states, "a sick joke."

More and more people are getting disappointed. Who needs to put up a public placeholder a week or more in advance? It's even in it's own category "Coming Soon." What happens when it's released? Does it get moved into "Official Patches" category? If so, then why the placeholder at all, when someone will just have to make a new entry? Someone is feeding BS information to this website, and that BS information is being passed to us, the fans. We've heard for far too long that the patch will be released "soon."

I don't think the people here need an eduction on the meaning of a "placeholder." I think other people do.

I think many people fail to realize that a lot of us actually are excited and looking forward to the patch. But the false alarms have become tiresome. For Christ's sake, we're excited about a patch, and we don't have the foggiest idea as to its content.

So, lets say a store putting up a placeholder for a product that may arrive in 3 months or a year is also a sick joke?

It's a placeholder. How many here don't know the meaning of that word I wonder? :wall:

Sorry Wolf. I meant the whole bloody patch process is a sick joke. The empty placeholder? That's the punchline.

-John K.

Who needs to put up a public placeholder a week or more in advance?

Even though you ask questions, I don't really think you are at all interested in what it takes to run this site, but I'll asnwer them anyway.

Take a trip down to your local game store. If it's laid out anything like mine, right there on the front shelves, the first thing you'll see is a stack of empty game DVD cases with "coming soon" stickers pasted on the front, for games that are due out sometime in the near future. I have to wonder if you march up to the desk and ask the manager what the heck he's playing at, much in the same way as you are asking me why I felt the need to do it....

It's even in it's own category "Coming Soon." What happens when it's released? Does it get moved into "Official Patches" category? If so, then why the placeholder at all, when someone will just have to make a new entry?

*sigh* No marks for observation there mate, the Coming Soon category has been there, and been used, for over a year.

Yes, of course it gets moved to the Official Patches category when the patch is released :blink:

Someone will have to make a new entry? Uhm no, actually all I have to do it select the new category from a picklist and it moves there as if by magic.

Why the placeholder at all? Okay, you'll see over 700 entries in the mods database now, go do some math and figure out how long it took me to add all those entries, (then multiply that by 2 'cause this is the second one I've built), do you think just maybe, just maybe, I have figured out the quickest and most efficient method of adding those entries? If it suits my timetable to add an entry before the file is actually ready, please forgive me for the inconvienience it has caused you.

Someone is feeding BS information to this website, and that BS information is being passed to us, the fans. We've heard for far too long that the patch will be released "soon."

Dude, the only ###### is the assumptions you have made in your post.

I think many people fail to realize that a lot of us actually are excited and looking forward to the patch.

I realise that, but you are having a pot shot at the wrong people here. I'm doing my damnest to get information/dates and commitments from Ubisoft for YOU, but it's not happening, and having a go at me for getting prepared for the patches imminent release isn't helping anything.

I'm sure most people who saw that entry thought that it may be an indication that the patch was very close to release, if I thought people were going to start throwing hissy fits over it I would have saved myself the hastle.

I am not taking a pot shot at you. My barbs are aimed higher up the food chain. As you know from the logs, I check this forum at regular intervals every day to get the latest information because I trust the information you provide (being that the official game site is barren of PC related news). I think UBI (and maybe Grin, but I won't make that leap) are abusing the trust that people have in YOU, as most people here don't trust UBI.

THAT is my beef. If whoever is passing the information to you isn't 100% sure, or is full of ######, we'd be better off if they had said nothing at all. If you were a crazy person, you could be making all of this up and having a good laugh at our expense. But I assume you are not crazy, and you are not making this up, but it's as though someone (again, not you) is getting a good laugh at all of this, and that ###### ME OFF.

Edited by Cangaroo.TNT

One last observation (for the time being):

19,000 views, and this thread has been at the top of this forum for 2 months and not a ######ING WORD from UBI on the GR2 official site about the patch!?!? IT'S MADDENING!

Then don't check the forums for a few weeks and maybe it will be released by then. Your just killing yourself by checking it every few hours to see if it's released. It will be (maybe). Just not according to our timeline. I too want a patch, but I'm not going to get all worked up when I already know how bad UBI support is. If you've bought any other ubi prouducts you've had to have known this.

And I'm not trying to start a flame war but dang I don't understand why everyone lets it get to them. If UBI never even released the patch, That's thier perogative. If you never buy another UBI product because of thier poor support, that's your progative...

Just my .04 and a half cents worth...

Edited by Sunsurfer

as a "outsider" now to GRAW2 as i don't play it anymore but, I sure see ALOT of activity in the xbox360 department with regards to a coop mission collection. they've had some 2 mappacks and now this is coming out soon.

the first question that flatout came across my mind is, where is UBI's loyalties?

Rocky has a placeholder for the new patch, albeit empty..

xbox360.. has more action than ever.

puzzling... :hmm:

Edited by Papa6

Not really puzzling...that's the nature of the corporate beast. UBI is merely thinking like a corporation and going where the money sits...and it ain't the PC platform. What's really puzzling is why people are getting so bent out of shape about a patch for a game that should never have been put out on the market in its present form. The game hasn't even been out that long and people are looking for another patch for it already. I still think UBI (and Grin) should have been putting more thought into R.&D.

Edited by {�}Bugsy

as a "outsider" now to GRAW2 as i don't play it anymore but, I sure see ALOT of activity in the xbox360 department with regards to a coop mission collection. they've had some 2 mappacks and now this is coming out soon.

Yes, and as you've noticed the whole process for us on the 360 has gone so smooth. :rolleyes:

Getting your panties in a bunch and loosing your cool (forum in general not directed at you papa) on the forums isn't going to make the patch get released any sooner and it definately won't make UBI care any more about our opinions. It's kind of like when I watch basketball or football. I start screaming at the refs and get upset with the calls and then my wife just looks over at me and says, "you know, no matter how upset you get that ref isn't going to change his mind so is it worth it to get all worked up and scare the children?".

I'll be happy with whatever support we get with the next patch, and if it ends up not coming out it really won't be that traumatic to my life. I'll just move on.

Edited by dporter

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/764/764975p2.html

“GRAW 2: PC Developer Tells Allâ€

“IGN: What downloadable content can we expect to see following the launch?

Nouredine Abboud: We are planning on bringing some downloadable content after launch but, right now, we can't get too specific because we'd like to keep it secret. What we can say is that the way the community uses the maps and content we give them at launch will affect how we react, as it was with GRAW 1. We brought in new modes when the community wanted them.â€

I can't believe my good fortune! I was going to reference this yesterday, but I could not find the source! Anyway, based on the underscored portion, I'm going to guess our DLC (not a "patch") will consist of at most a picture of a huge boner with "###### YOU" scrawled across it.