TEST01 London with 1.05 patch spotted tonight

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"recon"??????????????

Oh yeah, that ONE mission that bothered to be at all entertaining. JUST ONE. HArdly a revival, though he's right that it was at least one more worthwhile mission than we got in GRAW.

Hardly justifies the comment that they're putting anything BACK in Ghost Recon- it was there before and they BLEW it...

Actually you can finish all missions in GRAW2 in a recon type game style. It's all up to the player to take it slow and silent as the functionality is there. Unlike in GRAW1 when there wasn't a recon option.

I think the only mission you could finish without firing a shot is "Get Me Rosen" which is the type of map we were looking for. Sure you can go silently, but you still have to kill damn near everything (except in Rosen).

Just Be happy they are going to through us a Bone.This is prolly :hmm: going to be it.I dont think there will be any major fixs like AUTO DOWNLOAD,Heavy weapon fix,Mod tools.ECT.ECT.Lots of small fixs.Then hold your breath for Graw 3.Ubi has all the code now.Right??Huh?

How do you get thru (alternative spelling for through) a bone? Yes, Ubi is throwing y'all a bone, but it may be to little to late for most people.

It is good for those who still play GRAW 2 that it appears that they will finally get the patch they were looking for. Hopefully they fix the worst of the bugs with it and those new maps are actually new.

I agree with WK77. What would've been great is, if GRAW2 could've had dealt with more areas than just desert. Like what about a mission to defend norad? or some snow missions? then modders could go..buck wild and make maps packs to their hearts desire.

that's another issue in it self I'm afraid. :(

Edited by Papa6

"recon"??????????????

Oh yeah, that ONE mission that bothered to be at all entertaining. JUST ONE. HArdly a revival, though he's right that it was at least one more worthwhile mission than we got in GRAW.

Hardly justifies the comment that they're putting anything BACK in Ghost Recon- it was there before and they BLEW it...

Actually you can finish all missions in GRAW2 in a recon type game style. It's all up to the player to take it slow and silent as the functionality is there. Unlike in GRAW1 when there wasn't a recon option.

I think the only mission you could finish without firing a shot is "Get Me Rosen" which is the type of map we were looking for. Sure you can go silently, but you still have to kill damn near everything (except in Rosen).

You nailed it, Nut (wow, that sounded bad... sorry mate!)

Rosen was my favorite map, but that got old quickly once you learned how to complete it without firing a shot. Raise the difficulty level or try to complete it with different weapons, but a single "tac-sim" map only lasts for so long. An entire game filled with Rosen-style levels? Now THAT would get my money.

OH yeah... I think that's Ground Branch. :(

-John K.

tHey, here's just a minor irritation I hope is fixed... the damn freaking t when communicating.

Again, nothing big but I hope it's addressed.

As for being thrown a bone.. it's kind of funny if you thnk of it .. that the consumer should be happy support is still offered by a company. You'd think they should do it naturally because they want to deliever a complete fixed game?

Oh by the way.. thanks UBI and GRIN ;) Let's just hope something is better then nothing.. it's not always the case.. it's only a waffer thin chocolate ..

Also, that damn aim of every gun in GRAW2. it seems like every knucklehead in all of GOD's creation uses the M99 since it takes no skill. where's the reticule closure? geez all I have to do is see you on screen and I own you.

can't believe this. but hey, this game has that as an obvious handicap for the kids. i remember in [GR], when your ret twip opened after a shot, you had to wait to steady your shot. no bullet drop, no bullet physics as in different factors as wind distance drop and absolutely no round spread. every shot hits the exact same spot

link: http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...=30#entry505052

----------------

the maps in this pack, if passed on to GRAW2PC could do real help to save this game.

nice to have a patch and all but to apease the masses, this mappack would surely be a token of friendship by ubisoft if they would get these on PC.

Edited by Papa6

lets hope the 2 maps is the start of the graw2 support and not the end.

This is just a GUESS, but I'd say if the game has gotten THIS little support so far, and it's been out on shelves THIS long, you're exceptionally fortunate to even get THIS update. It's in your best interests not to hold your breath for any more support. GRIN can only support you so long as UBI pays them to do so, and we all know how UBI works...

lets hope the 2 maps is the start of the graw2 support and not the end.

This is just a GUESS, but I'd say if the game has gotten THIS little support so far, and it's been out on shelves THIS long, you're exceptionally fortunate to even get THIS update. It's in your best interests not to hold your breath for any more support. GRIN can only support you so long as UBI pays them to do so, and we all know how UBI works...

I don't know, it feels a little like UBI are changing, it might be me that are wrong, but to me it seems they are changing a few things, hopefully for the better. I must admit that I will be extreamly disssapointed if this patch does not solve ALL known bugs (that actually are game bugs) and even adds a few new features, engine optimizations and new additions concerning gameplay. It might be allot to ask for, but I feel we deserve it after graw and until now graw2

If UBI delivers on this patch. I would consider buying from them again. But if not ,I have better things to spend my hard earned money on than a 3/4 finished game with less features than the orginal. Ghost Recon- played for several years and lots of fun. GR2- we'll never know because pc gamers were forgotting. GRAW- played for a few months heavily then here and there hoping things would get better. 6 months (had it, selved it.) GRAW2 - Lots of hype. Thought I would give it one more go. Played for a few months. Thought it was a step forward and three steps back. GRAW2 has/had potential, but I doubt it will ever be realized due to $$ hungry company that's more interested in getting my next $50 than finishing what they start.

Hoping but not holding breath.

Might have to put GR back on my hard drive a third time around...

Yeah I'm with sunsurfer. I played GRAW for as long as it was out because I didn't have anything else really worth playing. And I played GRAW 2 for a few months. Just recently installed it again to try Snowfella's Masada mod. And Mysticaly, don't hold your breath dude. I don't know what you've seen to indicate that Ubi's been changing but to me, they're still the same money grubbin company. Rabbi's true to. We would be lucky to get any patch. Is it even a sure thing though? The patch that is.

Yeah I'm with sunsurfer. I played GRAW for as long as it was out because I didn't have anything else really worth playing. And I played GRAW 2 for a few months. Just recently installed it again to try Snowfella's Masada mod. And Mysticaly, don't hold your breath dude. I don't know what you've seen to indicate that Ubi's been changing but to me, they're still the same money grubbin company. Rabbi's true to. We would be lucky to get any patch. Is it even a sure thing though? The patch that is.

well what if some schmuck started a dedicated server with that "london official and 1.05?" Boy, talk about a joke on us. <_<

Wow it's like stress out corner in here. To be honest can anyone remember a game title that has never needed a patch? Can anyone name a game company that offers great support? Lastly can you name a forum that actually keeps you up to date with the game patch news day by day (if your feeling luck week by week will do). Well I can't think of 1. And thats the way it is. It's down to us to jump aboard the ship named Hope and whine to the captain about the size our cabins. Still, we look out at the horizon and dream.

I am just pleased to know that at least people from GRIN do actually read this forum, and thank them for that. They answer what they can and help people out (if you take a look) a lot here. But even they have restrictions to what they can and can't say. Same as the forum MODS. They can only tell you what they know to be true.

So is there a patch coming soon? Only GRIN/UBI know for sure. Do I sit and whine about it? Yes I do (cabin 102 on HMS Hope). Does it get me anywhere? No.

End result? I keep checking this forum....

The only thing I need to know is "patch 1.05 is in development/testing" from a MOD or from GRIN. I don't even want to know whats in it. As long as I know that something is in the works then I am happy to stay with the game. Lack of communication can lead to games being shelved and not thought of again. I am not willing to believe "sightings" of servers with official 1.05 testing etc as they can be fake.

No news is bad news?

Jack

I say, compare how many patches were applied to GRAW in the first six months of it's life to how many were applied to GRAW2 in the same span. And the complement of GRIN folks at that magical palace in Sweden has supposedly grown considerably since then.

Again, and this cannot be stressed enough, if UBI doesn't greenlight any work, then no work is forthcoming. Ubi, after all, has to be the company to distribute it, and they have ultimate control over the use of their trademark, with which the product is liberally painted.

I think we mostly realize what a good bunch of people the GRIN folks are. Their hearts are in the right place, and I recall on more than one occasion that they have bent (or altogether disregarded) certain rules to get news and/or support to us here at GRnet. But DIESEL and GR don't seem to have been a good match, in hindsight, and Ubishaft is a complete panty stain of a publisher.

I don't buy the fake theory for the 1.05 London server. I'll believe that Ubi greenlighted GRIN to toss us a bone. I also believe that if it doesn't do MIRACLES for GRAW2 PC sales, it'll be the LAST GRAW2 bone tossed to PC gamers.

After all, UBI had no issue whatsoever with leaving us hanging on GRAW PC...

GRAW2 is a great title. I really enjoyed it and the netcode is amazing. Even with 110ms you can make a headshot, whereas in other games, like Team Fortress 2, you are lagging like crazy with 110ms.

As it was said, the game needs an auto-downloader for the custom made maps and everything else. Also we need more official maps. Apart from those MAJOR features, there are some bugs that need fixing but we can live with them. Add more maps and the auto-downloader and we are good to go :)

Thats what the Grin Men told everyone.Yes?

We haven't said anything like that. UBI has access to all the GRAW2 code, yes of course as they own the game.

Yes They did.lol.Isnt it true Grin only has 10 people patching?lol.Yes uh huh.Wasnt the patch given to Ubi 3 months ago??Yes?Wasnt the code turned over to them with only grin doing some patch work??Hasnt Ubi contracted another studio to do Graw future work for Pc?Aint it true Grin hasnt worked on any maps?

This is possibly the best use of innuendo.This is whats been posted across these forums in differnt posts and iterations.Dang.I got to breakdown and get a XBOX 360 dont I?

Blueberry, you wanna atleast back up what you're saying with some evidence from some of these posts? Cause until you do, I think everybody's gonna keep asking if you forgot your medicine again. Cause that's all news to me.

It's not news, it's guesswork - because I know some of that is waaaay off the mark. Some of it is probably quite close to the mark though.

News is obviously very close now though, so lets not get caught up in the guessing game again and just wait it out...