Disable annoying "sir, talk to me sir"

Who writes this stuff?

Check the credits. :rolleyes:

How?!

And Wolfsong why does Scott Mitchell sound like a super hero instead of a normal person?

Press "credits" button in main menu.

And because he does in the 360 version. The same voice recordings where used int eh PC as for the 360 in all areas.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir, Are you aware of the next awareness action of teamhot Sir

:rofl: I believe they run every 30mins from the West coast to the rest of humanity

AI:Sir, Permission to take the weapon of mass destruction?, Sir

PLAYER:Are you a crazy AI?

AI:Sir, no sir

PLAYER: The M99 is reserved for noobs & fully experienced players that, and I quote

"TeamHot will be using this weapon almost exclusivly over the next few days. We will demonstrate exactly how the m99 can be the most powerful weapon in the game and why we, as a community, must voice our concerns over just how overpowered the m99 is."

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...st&p=481206

omg pmsl you just couldnt help yourself mate could you

The Ghosts prompts, while annoying, aren't half as bad as listening to that 3rd rate dialog on the Nar-Com feed.

"Understood, Señor, huh, Ghost"

Who writes this stuff?

The Ghost Recon Advanced Writers of course. :o I wonder why they would want to include dialoge that sounds so stupid an annoying. :unsure: Kid factor maybe? GRAW cracked me up with there advanced warfighters screaming Reloading etc. at the top of their lungs so every Mexican in a 5 miles radius could here them. :nono:

Isn't the option "Voice Quotes" in the Game section of the options supposed to toggle the whining off? I have not found this option to have any effect; is it broken?

It is broken... for a little while longer.

:):) see it's short little tidbits like this that keep us hanging.

Now if you click to turn off voice quotes, does/will that turn off all the "order confirmation" replys also? Or if they spot something/someone?

Pretty sure I know this answer already but.....

Isn't the option "Voice Quotes" in the Game section of the options supposed to toggle the whining off? I have not found this option to have any effect; is it broken?

It is broken... for a little while longer.

:):) see it's short little tidbits like this that keep us hanging.

Now if you click to turn off voice quotes, does/will that turn off all the "order confirmation" replys also? Or if they spot something/someone?

It'll should turn off everything they say.

The Ghosts prompts, while annoying, aren't half as bad as listening to that 3rd rate dialog on the Nar-Com feed.

"Understood, Señor, huh, Ghost"

Who writes this stuff?

The Ghost Recon Advanced Writers of course. :o I wonder why they would want to include dialoge that sounds so stupid an annoying. :unsure: Kid factor maybe? GRAW cracked me up with there advanced warfighters screaming Reloading etc. at the top of their lungs so every Mexican in a 5 miles radius could here them. :nono:

That is a good point, least they stopped doing that. But yeah the dialogue... is just cheesy. I think after redoing a part in "Joining forces" I used alot of epithets after every time I dropped somebody.

It'll should turn off everything they say.

Thats too bad. I wish there was a way to seperate the useful things they say from the nagging stuff.

I like it when I give a cover order, for example, and they say "Coverng Northwest" Or when they make specific contact calls. I just dont like the annoying prompting and the "Way to go sir" stuff.

So wolf? Is it possible for some modder to be able to change or eliminate certain calls while leaving others? or is this stuff pretty hard coded?

Maybe locate and replace the sound files not needed, with (no sound) files?

Tinker

Actually Tinker, this is a very interesting idea for a mod. a simple application that identifies every single phrase available, and then allows the user to "check mark" the ones he likes and leave unchecked the ones he doesnt. then the mod could replace the ones he doesn't like with an "empty" sound file. this way, when the file is called, its a split second of silence, but the file "is found" so the app doesn't crash.

Is this a real possability? do the sound files actually exist as individual statements in a subfolder and not as a massive single, inseperable file? or hard coded inside the software?

Is this approach actually possible?

<_< Looks like all voice quotes from a single person are stored on 1 single BANK file. So until i learn to edit BANK files, it does not seem possible at the moment. But editing the Sounds is a must for me anyhow, so hopefully someone will be able to advice a little more.

Tinker

<_< Looks like all voice quotes from a single person are stored on 1 single BANK file. So until i learn to edit BANK files, it does not seem possible at the moment. But editing the Sounds is a must for me anyhow, so hopefully someone will be able to advice a little more.

Tinker

Sound banks should be the same as for GRAW1 I think so look at the tutorial provided for that game.

I don't see an easy way to separate the different voice quotes actually. They are just divided after character and then after team (like ghost team or hostile). So replacing the sounds not wanted with blank ones would be the way to do it for modders.

I don't see an easy way to separate the different voice quotes actually. They are just divided after character and then after team (like ghost team or hostile). So replacing the sounds not wanted with blank ones would be the way to do it for modders.

So if I understand you correctly, the ability to pick and choose the quotes you want removed by an app would require that the app know how to parse through the entire bank file and know where one "quote" starts and ends, so it could replace those portions with blanks.

2 questions ....

Would a blank cuase the game to crash

Would an altered file cuase people to not be able to join anti cheat protected games?

2 questions ....

Would a blank cuase the game to crash

Would an altered file cuase people to not be able to join anti cheat protected games?

1. I don't think so. It will just play a sound that contains nothing. Make sure the quiet sound is the same format as the original one.

2. I don't think so as players use different language so the voice files are not in the bundle for other languages then English. So I don't think altered game files apply to voices. Can't tell you for sure though.

• 4 months later...

You missed a few; Things a GRAW2 AI might say :wall:

Sir, permission to say sir, Sir

Sir, Permission to hide in the open, Sir ;)

Sir, permission to leave the field of battle and join the coop AI? Sir

Sir, why am I sooo stupid...Sir?

Sir, My mommy is calling me.

Sir, why does this game suck so much...Sir?

Sir, Did I forget to turn the iron off?

Sir, When's the next patch...Sir?

Sir, Why do I always say..S.I.R?

or you could add a "my momma said, my momma said, momma said, my momma said, momma said"

Edited by Papa6

The extremely annoying implications of the squadmate AI is why I never played this game past the second level.

I don't care if it was $35, the "Sir...I'm TAKING FIRE SIR", or "GREAT SHOT CAPTAIN", or "TALK TO ME SIR - TALK TO ME SIR - TALK TO ME SIR"

Honestly GriN, did you play through the game and notice how incredibly...let me restate INCREDIBLY ANNOYING this is?

I wanted to enjoy this game, but it's impossible to do that with the Squad. Guess I'll have to play solo...

And UBI can go suck an egg for it.

We've generally known since early in the GRAW fiasco that this was the case- UBISOFT's Los Angeles studio, I believe it was, handled ALL of the voice clips, as well as the cheesy NARCOM sequences and some other stuff, if I remember correctly. Being that they're footing the bill for the whole deal, they insist that their cheese stays on GRIN's pizza. Again, UBISHAFT, here's your egg. Want a spoon?

These voice reminders are a neato idea for the beginner- someone who's new either to tactical FPS or just to GRAW. Some folks might need to be reminded that they have a team of 1-3 more high-speed Special Forces dudes hanging on their every command, eagerly awaiting their next order. For THOSE players, the little reminder is a good thing. It represents an improvement over GRAW, where it was a lot easier to FORGET your teammates, and if you wandered too far ahead of your teammates they ended-up lost to you. Frustration. Restart.

But I'd like the option to turn that off, or at least DOWN, in any game. Perhaps tie the frequency of those voice prompts to the difficulty level? After all, a player who's got the difficulty cranked-up to NIGHTMARE clearly doesn't need to be reminded of the fundamentals. Just a thought...

Honestly GriN, did you play through the game and notice how incredibly...let me restate INCREDIBLY ANNOYING this is?

Yes we have. But have you also played through the 360 version and noticed that it's the same voices and video clips?

Yes, I own that version too..and I got disgusted with that gameplay as well...go figure right?

I apologize for blaming grin, I should have known it was was ubi's finger print all along...