CENTCOM MOD

jay316

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great mod, guys. I haven't gotten too in depth with it but visually it's amazing, although the weapon sound effects aren't exactly the greatest. I'm still highly impressed with the overall package, though, and I'm gonna start on the campaign tomorrow when I've recovered from the hangover I'm guarateed to have lol

I liked most of the new weapon sounds. The new M-4 loud and silenced sounds were great. Which weapons have you tried using?

I've tried them all and in most cases I find the default GR sound is much better.

Can't seem to get through 2nd mission. Found the cache, blew the big gun, killed all baddies but can't find/kill Taliban leader. There's my guy's and 6 civilians left on the map. Is it me or a glich? wall.gif

keep looking, he is there he is just sneeky and has a good hiding spot, check the buildings well wink.gif

dont give up

Man, I was afraid you were going to say that. I've been all over every building on the map 10 times wall.gif Without giving anything away, would you say reconning by fire is a good tactic?

Nah, I tried that and he doesn't shoot back until you find him. It took me a solid 20 minutes of mindless running and searching in the buildings to find him. Think outside the box. And you might try some grenades into the rooms . . .

Think outside the box whistle.gif

try some grenades into the rooms . . .good thing its not a capture alive mission

keep looking, he is there he is just sneeky and has a good hiding spot, check the buildings well

dont give up

he's 'well hidden'

I can't find him either. There are rooms with locks on them but I cant get through them. I've tried breachs, frags, and AT4's no luck. Where the hell is he?

Can't seem to get through 2nd mission. Found the cache, blew the big gun, killed all baddies but can't find/kill Taliban leader. There's my guy's and 6 civilians left on the map. Is it me or a glich? wall.gif

keep looking, he is there he is just sneeky and has a good hiding spot, check the buildings well wink.gif

dont give up

Man, I was afraid you were going to say that. I've been all over every building on the map 10 times wall.gif Without giving anything away, would you say reconning by fire is a good tactic?

Nah, I tried that and he doesn't shoot back until you find him. It took me a solid 20 minutes of mindless running and searching in the buildings to find him. Think outside the box. And you might try some grenades into the rooms . . .

Think outside the box whistle.gif

try some grenades into the rooms . . .good thing its not a capture alive mission

keep looking, he is there he is just sneeky and has a good hiding spot, check the buildings well

dont give up

he's 'well hidden'

I can't find him either. There are rooms with locks on them but I cant get through them. I've tried breachs, frags, and AT4's no luck. Where the hell is he?

Oh, he is in the..

This message did not complete

When I first heard about this mod I was quite excited. I even upgraded my internet speed so that I could be ready to download it as soon as it was released so I could get stuck into playing it. After some thorough play testing I would like to add my impressions and see if I the only one who had these issues. Please don't think that I am complaining or paying out on anyone or anything ok? :)

Just something I will add before people try to shoot me down and tell me I know nothing... I did several years of avtive service in the Australian Army as a rifleman paratrooper attached to 4RAR. I was sent to East Timor twice and to iraq and Afghanistan once each. I have experience in using the Steyr AUG (F88C and F88S) and the M4A5. I have been shot at. I have seen things. OK boys and girls? :shifty:

Firstly, great intro! It adds a really nice touch to a user made expansion pack that rivals the official ones.

I got stuck in right away and played a campaign on easy difficulty and straight away noticed a few weird bugs.

The most annoying thing I noticed is that when I ordered one of my teams to move they went prone when they stopped then proceeded to shoot through each other at the bad guys. What the?

Also there is an annoying tendancy for campaign missions to either end prematurely for no apparent reason or not end at all and just go on forever or crash to desktop. Am I the only one with these issues?

There are some very good weapon kits. I like how you guys added a "shadowy" view of some weapon muzzles or optics. Nice touch indeed. But whats with the paraflares?

The maps are very well done, and in some places are quite intricately detailed.

One of the biggest issues I have and I think it is just Ghost Recon in general is that a badguy and be walking towards you standing up firing on full auto and hit you in the head from 100+ meters away!

All in all I give this mod 4 stars :thumbsup: Well done guys!

Okay the MOD (Mac Version) is great, but I just have one problem. I completed Mission 1, then I'm at mission accomplished screen with # of kills, medals earned, and the like. But when I clicked continue my Mac just blanks and CTD. I was searching the thread and saw a file called Mission 1 Fix. Is this the one I need to download to fix the CTD? Sorry to annoy folks here. But thanx anyway guys

Mission 2 - grenaded the well, latrine, buildings, boxes, hallways... looked at every rock, roof and tree including bridge, water and crop fields...shot the gunner! No Taliban leader on my screen, yet. Restarted and tried the quickmission, also. Some ctd when attempting the q.m. Looks like I'll have to come back to it when time permits. Sure hate bein' stumped...or stupid!

@TheVipersFang,

The thing with your team is due to the map creation process, unfortunatly the game engine creates lots of paths once youve made a map, and its a bit of a black art, so sometimes your team wont move. Its the diffrence between fan made and offically made, they know how it all works properly and we have to figure it out. Ive had the same problem myself.

As for the 100m from the hip head shots, tell me about it!

I think jay is aware of a few mission bugs and the patch thats coming should hopefully address all of these.

jay tried to pm you - empty your PMs folder.

You said I could use CentCom objects for SP mission - at this stage Im just requiring CentCom and Winter Wilderness for the Tourney, and want to use the Little Bird and the AmmoDump in the Tourney. I will not place the objects in my folder...just designate them in IGOR and let GR find them in the CC folder.

I have 4 of 5 missionscomplete - Tourney should be ready to start in a week or so. Those of you who dont know check thread at top of General Discussion Forum - and sign up now.

if you find map glitches please send me a pm about them instead of posting publically as some people may unfortunately take advantage of them where as by sending me a pm about them it doesnt let possible cheaters know about glitches they can take advantage of. but as far as the mission one goes, thx noted.

Finally found the leader in mission2, after taking the wolfenstein approach (pressing the space bar beside every horizontal surface). Now I'm at the end of the afghan prison rescue mission, #4 I think, and I can't get the mission to end. Got the CIA agent, killed the bad people and got everyone to the evac. Wha?

Finally found the leader in mission2, after taking the wolfenstein approach (pressing the space bar beside every horizontal surface). Now I'm at the end of the afghan prison rescue mission, #4 I think, and I can't get the mission to end. Got the CIA agent, killed the bad people and got everyone to the evac. Wha?

point hotel is just for the cia extract make sure your team rv at point delta for extract.