CENTCOM MOD

jay316

It would be nice to see other modders using Centcom. There is so much potential.

I slowed its path right down so you can see the exact destruction it can deliver.

Tinker

:devil:

very nice tinker :D

that's one place i DO not want to be.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for the delay hopefully this will fix any issues with dedicated servers. replace your mission folder with the one in the link below, it should solve any issues hosting in multyplayer or on a dedicated server.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/fileman/users/jay/missions.zip

Is the mission pk available still?

:huh:

I thought i would replace my missions here to be sure all is good before i add any of the fixes.

ref: B-52, the enemy start running long before it even appears! I like it.. :devil:

Tinker

*EDIT* Have the mission pk from File Front link, oops!

:shifty:

I am following with interest the thread Centocom mission issues and I am suprised/shocked to see how many bugs there are in the scripts.

Tinker is making a very good job but I wonder why now? Wasn't the mod properly tested in its full beta version? It looks to me that a very important part on the development phase (beta test) was omitted.

Again bit thanks to Tinker for his work.

I think the missions, at least 2 and 8 were tested thoroughly....I know I that I dev tested each new addition to the overall scripts extensively, it took me a good three months to do two missions for CENTCOM..I spent a great deal of time on the random conditions for having the boss and his cronies appear in one of many places underground doing one of many things each time you replay the Afghan Mountain one....I'm pretty sure that both missions were tested even further for SP, but I'm not sure if the campaign was ever tested...maybe that, if anything, is a serious short coming of the development? As far as co-op testing I do know that an effort was made to do so because I was invited, but declined based on my online inexperience and time restrictions...I guess I assumed that the mod would be tested for dedicated server issues due to it's overall development expansiveness, maybe not? :blink: I never heard much about any problems with my scripts and asked Jay on a couple of ocassions if any had arisen...I was ensured all was well...

My only problem with the mission testing was that I was declined when I asked to have KRP 56 test my scripts back when there was a problem with one....he is very thorough and my trusted mate in mission scripting, he seems to have a knack for finding the hidden in game flaws and points out even the most minor things....I never did feel comfortable about that....I was told there were plenty of talented modders testing the thing and we did not need him...all in the name of security I'm sure...so much for security and secrecy.

mig :ph34r:

I have been in the testing team from May 2006 up until release. I share the assumption of migryder that the SP campaign hasn't had as much as attention as the MP COOP side of CENTCOM has had. That doesn't mean it hasn't been tested at all! In all my testing with CENTCOM I only had a few CTD's (mostly because I have such a crappy pc and video card) and very little issues. Towards the end of testing there were no issues anymore. But as I said this was all Multiplayer COOP mission testing.

The reason CENTCOM was released had nothing to do with the 2006 awards I can assure you all. Somewhere here on the forums Jay already explained the reason for release.

Well, lets wait a bit and see how much our mighty Tinker can resolve. Let's be happy for the fact the remaining issues are likely going to be fixed.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Toniezz

I am following with interest the thread Centocom mission issues and I am suprised/shocked to see how many bugs there are in the scripts.

Tinker is making a very good job but I wonder why now? Wasn't the mod properly tested in its full beta version? It looks to me that a very important part on the development phase (beta test) was omitted.

Again bit thanks to Tinker for his work.

And I guess I'm confussed as to what the issues are since I'm now on mission 12 and the only problem I have had was on mission 10 when I was clearing out the city and I walked up the stairs to a roof and then all of the sudden I could see through all walls, but I could not walk out the door. Restarted the mission and it did not happen again. I was a bit confused about where to extract after rescuing the cia agent on the other mission but it looks like this is getting resolved. I will have to say some common sense would tell you that maybe the meet up point is one of the gold icons on the map. Other then that I have had no problems running the campaign except for mission 11 being a pain in the neck. They kept pulling the plug on the mission and it would end. I guess I got too close to the bad guys.

I guess some of the script problems are things that are not effecting my gameplay. I will also say that this is the only added campaign that I have even cared about playing all the way through besides the [Ghost Recon] campaign. Fun missions, great for playing with a few buddies online as well.

Hi All.

Can someone please steer me toward any of the dedicated server fixes for this mod?

I can't seem to get a working server going.

Thanks.

-->http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php...view&id=538

See 'Patch 1 v3.0' :thumbsup:

Tinkers mission fix patch is now added to the main CENTCOM download entry, under the Patch 2 entry.

Kool nice work Tinker (& Rocky offcourse :thumbsup: ) Edited by Toniezz

i got some problems here.

when i follow the fileplanet link i end up with a small window that says "forbidden"

can this be a result of me having a Mac and not having the fileplanet DL manager?

can i get hold of these latest missionfixes on another way?

/ingeloop