Hints of a game to come from BFS....

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feet look a bit weird from the back view, don't they? Unless it's just the angle you may want to have one of the artists pull a little more form into that shape, surely you have enough polys (and by the look of the model, you probably already have a loop in place to do it.)

And sorry, I'll try and stop critiquing every piece of art I see. Looks great. :)

New teaser......

This one is EASY!

Tease_06.JPG

I'll try to come up with something a little more difficult next time. Someday maybe even a full size image. <_<

-John

John,

Thanks for the update,,,,, looking foward for more in a near future.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Sgt. Atoa

the fact that the artwork your last pic has a gr look to it is definately good to see. concidering the portfolio of those involved though its not suprising it looks so good. i'd imagine the more we are allowed to see the better it will get as well so definately keeping a close eye on this.

Based on the two hints I have seen (the dive "board" and zodiac ridding), I will offer the conjecture that the theme of the game will be focused on SEAL operations.

I think the art/graphics looks nice, and I will presume/expect that there has been some good thought put into gameplay. So my expectations are high.

Based on the two hints I have seen (the dive "board" and zodiac ridding), I will offer the conjecture that the theme of the game will be focused on SEAL operations.

Nope, not SEALS. John has confirmed that they are a US unit, but he also said:

They are definately not conventional forces. I guess I meant to say not "mainstream" SOF types.

So we have to rule out the obvious groups such as SF, SEALs, MFR, PJ's, Combat Controllers etc. That leaves.... well I'm not sure really. :dunce:

:ph34r: I believe I read in a certain book that the ODA's that end in 5 are trained for Dive Ops :) so ad SGF's to that list as well, not just Navy, but the Army too :)

:ph34r: I believe I read in a certain book that the ODA's that end in 5 are trained for Dive Ops :) so ad SGF's to that list as well, not just Navy, but the Army too :)

According to John, it's not SF either.

Even though SF Combat Diver teams run in our veins, that's not it for this one.

Sorry i couldn't find the page to quote you but, you mentioned that the support will be mainly self community support. Does that mean you plan to provide a full sdk with the game at or near release? I know its gotta be way early for you to be certain, just checking to see if that you were implying ....and if so ...you are the greatest thing to happen to tactical shooters since ...well the RSE/clancy days of old.

That is the plan. As you said, it's early so anything can happen though.

As a side, my 3 favorite game companies, as a developer and for various reasons, are:

Epic

Gearbox Software

RSE 1997-2001

Maybe that will give some insight to some of the inspiration for BFS.

Atari just picked up Armed Assault for the US version. What do you think about Atari being a possible game company to pick up your game?

Edited by EasyCo

I think he's got plans to talk with publishers or secure other funding as it is, and I'm not sure Armed assault's release really matters in the long run.

We don't know who he's talked to, what his plans are, or otherwise near enough to suggest infogrames or any other publisher.

I have not posted much in this thread, but I have been following it, and this is becoming more and more interesting by the minute. My last PC croaked, and I can't afford to mess with this one, so I'm really hoping this title also makes it onto the 360. I figure if BIS can put OFP onto the old Xbox, maybe BFS could get this thing onto the 360. I am keeping my fingers crossed. :fingersx:

I have not posted much in this thread, but I have been following it, and this is becoming more and more interesting by the minute. My last PC croaked, and I can't afford to mess with this one, so I'm really hoping this title also makes it onto the 360. I figure if BIS can put OFP onto the old Xbox, maybe BFS could get this thing onto the 360. I am keeping my fingers crossed. :fingersx:

It's not really a matter of "if" it could be done on the 360 really. There is absolutely no reason why it can't, but the console development process, in terms of how it works with Microsoft, is a lot different thant for PC. A developer can do whatever they want whenever they want on a PC, but MS has lot's of hoops to jump through to go on thier box..... Like the need to be tied to a publisher before deve kits are issued.

Don't worry, if a publisher wants it on the 360 they will get it.

It's not really a matter of "if" it could be done on the 360 really. There is absolutely no reason why it can't, but the console development process, in terms of how it works with Microsoft, is a lot different thant for PC. A developer can do whatever they want whenever they want on a PC, but MS has lot's of hoops to jump through to go on thier box..... Like the need to be tied to a publisher before deve kits are issued.

Don't worry, if a publisher wants it on the 360 they will get it.

Good luck with that, I really hope this happens--for you as well as for us. :D

I really want an option outside of Rainbow & GR with more realism to it.