Ghost Recon:AW 1.21 patch FeedBack

In the current climate, people should not have to be begging for anti-cheats, dedicated server files, kit restrictions or whatever, if only because these features have been a part of MP gaming for a while now.

Name 5 games that have this built in on release by the developer and not sub contracted by either modders or another company (punkbuster)

GR1 didn't have anti cheat built in + dedicated server files so before i have to explain that, don't go there. Heck replays weren't even developed as an anticheat on released

GR1 was released five years ago – since then times have changed. Have you noticed?

My point is – the things people are asking for is already out there – so why should it be a such a surprise for GRIN?

CoD2 (an extremely popular game) has a kill cam – and a good one too!

Even Tribes: Vengeance had dedicated servers!

RvS (another extremely popular game) has kit-restrictions and Punkbuster!

Not 5 games I know – but do you get the point?

Edited by OliverReed

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont mind doing it this way one bit. To me its like open beta and we are helping to make this game what we want. This is only working cause we are giving our input on it and Grin is here talking to us about it and implamenting what we want. To me, this is what sets this game apart. Being part of the solution and not part of the problem.

To me its like open beta and we are helping to make this game what we want. This is only working cause we are giving our input on it and Grin is here talking to us about it and implamenting what we want. To me, this is what sets this game apart. Being part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Open beta? What a ridiculous comment! Cost me 34.99 pounds sterling.

If i have to pay 50 dollars to help have the game i want then so be it. Why is open Beta a ridiculous comment? Because you think open beta means free? Fine...word it how you want...i like it like this and you dont...suprise suprise a difference of opinion. To me its all in how you look at it. I see it as a plus.

If i have to pay 50 dollars to help have the game i want then so be it. Why is open Beta a ridiculous comment? Because you think open beta means free? Fine...word it how you want...i like it like this and you dont...suprise suprise a difference of opinion. To me its all in how you look at it. I see it as a plus.

OK - if the game in the online/store read Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter Open Beta - would you still have bought it for 50 dollars?

Seriously?

Thats an easy answer ....yes Cause then i could help make it what i want....lol

And just so ya know...they stated before the game hit the shelves that it wasnt done yet and stuff would be added later so if you own the game then you would have to say yes too...lol

Thats an easy answer ....yes Cause then i could help make it what i want....lol

And just so ya know...they stated before the game hit the shelves that it wasnt done yet and stuff would be added later so if you own the game then you would have to say yes too...lol

Hey }PW{Postal - I gotta Open Beta for a Tic-Tac-Toe game I've developed... so far it only tics and tacs - but with the right investment - who knows :D

Latest patch doesn't seem to of fixed the major problem for me. The aspect ratio still changes all on it's own in multiplayer !! Come on Grin i cant see this as a hard fix :wall:

Well it was. Will be fixed in the next patch, afraid we didn't get it in this one. >_<

Many thanks for the info Bud ! im really glad to hear it. I really enjoy playing this game until everthing goes east & west lol

Hey OliverReed- did you buy GRAW thinking it was done?

Yes I did.

Cause if you did then the jokes on you cause all the info was out there saying it wasnt.

Where?

[This may have legal implications]

Well it kinda was. To say that everyone bought the game was fully aware the game was not finished would be foolish. I know alot of were aware, but there were far more people not in the know.

Unless you were a frequent visitor to the forums, and kept up with the daily post grind, there was no way for everyone to know.

I understand that Judge_Recluse but the info was out there. If they didnt do alittle research before buying the game then they only have themselves to blame. You would think that if 50 dollars was worth enough to complain about after 3 to 4 months then you would think they would research before spending it. Either way....Even if i didnt know what i knew before i bought it i still wouldnt be mad but thats mainly cause of the support that Grin shows on here. Plus im an optomistic person.

Like i said before...its all in how you look at it. If you choose to look at it like you got screwed then thats your choice but i dont.

Yes I did.

Cause if you did then the jokes on you cause all the info was out there saying it wasnt.

Where?

Okay, Perry Mason. Grin did not abandon this, they made no promise as to exact content, and you have no case.

Comments on new patch... glad to have new game modes, but needed playtesting more...can't believe GRIN didn't notice the propensity for Spawn Killing overload on some maps and nade spamming in general (Maybe they play test nicely with each other...LOL). Some HH and TDM maps- too small...and TDM in danger of becoming a CS:Source affair rather than a tactical shooter in some of these smaller maps.

Great, first its "I'M RELOADING CAPTAIN-forever!"

Now, it just takes fooooooooorrrrrrrreeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrr to load game....

How do I save my profile before I uninstall and reinstall?

UPDATE: 30 minutes later...messages goes;

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.21

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(-1): cant find member: deathcam_manager in type <Statsblock:global>

SCRIPT STACK

data\levels\mission06\mission06.dsf(0)

Great more error... <_<

Feedback

July patch................ :tumbleweed: errors/crashes/ lag/ long loading times/ missions in coop crash/AI descend from choper and continued falling out of ground of level/hacks and cheats everywere/ etc.etc.etc... not good........... who test this patch??? :whistle:

OK "BO ys" hurry go get the next patch to fix this patch and patch the next patch with this patch....oh no , no , no wait make a quick bundle with watever u got from the last patch.. LMAO !!! :x this is Hilarious .

good job !!!!

Edited by Cuchillo*

OK so I tried the patch for myself. It was aight.

Does it make the game better? Not really, I kinda like the TDM cos its not so run n gun, and yet it is still a lot more run n gun then [GR] was. Big improvement on DeAbomination, I mean, Domination.

The thing that aggravates me the most, its not like GRIN had to reinvent the wheel. Red Storm did the hard work developing GR, all you had to do was copy the idea and improve it. And you still havent got it right.

So the final Uninstall takes place today. By the time COOP patch arrives, ArmA will be here so that blows that.

Better luck with the next game. You'll need it. Hey, chins up, at least you got paid. It cost me 90 bucks.

For those who think Im too harsh, sorry. I am somewhat bitter about this whole debarcle. I think the 'GR2 CANCELLATION' was less painful then this, at least there was hope for the future of GR back then, this game is the nail in the coffin for GR.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

love it!!!!!! not much of a dm or tdm or hh. mostly coop here but love the death cam. more realtime than old GR. Can't wait for coop patch..... is there gonna be one? I hope.......need firefight & please include the maps for the other MP games if u do GRIN!

PS I DO LOVE HAMBURGER HILL though I'm A COOP Guy. Even more fun than in [GR]. KEEP it coming GRIN. :g_withgrin:

OK so I tried the patch for myself. It was aight.

Does it make the game better? Not really, I kinda like the TDM cos its not so run n gun, and yet it is still a lot more run n gun then [GR] was. Big improvement on DeAbomination, I mean, Domination.

The thing that aggravates me the most, its not like GRIN had to reinvent the wheel. Red Storm did the hard work developing GR, all you had to do was copy the idea and improve it. And you still havent got it right.

So the final Uninstall takes place today. By the time COOP patch arrives, ArmA will be here so that blows that.

Better luck with the next game. You'll need it. Hey, chins up, at least you got paid. It cost me 90 bucks.

For those who think Im too harsh, sorry. I am somewhat bitter about this whole debarcle. I think the 'GR2 CANCELLATION' was less painful then this, at least there was hope for the future of GR back then, this game is the nail in the coffin for GR.

need more options for server but not a nail......give grin time for feedback for GR4. I'm an old R6 guy & I hated things about GR but learned to love it. I only wish it was easier to install mods as GR. I know that has to do with cheaters & all but geez. I am not a modder but I can't install mods on GRAW cause of the whole bundle thing. I am reading the forums but kjahsdklfjsdlfkigjahsldjAHSKLDJHG.....hehehehehe. I want the old click for the I AGREE TO INSTALL YOUR COOL mod thing. not having to be a modder to have a mod. Please wait for the next patch bro.....hope we get 1.......hope ROcky sees this & says something to GOD ot Tom Clancy! lol hehehe hahaha COOP COOP

COOP COOP COOP COOP :o=:g_withgrin:

Yes I did.

Where?

Well it kinda was. To say that everyone bought the game was fully aware the game was not finished would be foolish. I know alot of were aware, but there were far more people not in the know.

Unless you were a frequent visitor to the forums, and kept up with the daily post grind, there was no way for everyone to know.

I agree

Latest patch doesn't seem to of fixed the major problem for me. The aspect ratio still changes all on it's own in multiplayer !! Come on Grin i cant see this as a hard fix :wall:

Well it was. Will be fixed in the next patch, afraid we didn't get it in this one. >_<

thanks grin! finally i'll be able to play graw again :thumbsup:

Allright, played ten minutes and then decided that I could have more fun with something else:

AI, seriously, i managed to get two stuck on the same corner twice, after an autosave they need to follow you into a parking garage. I told them to follow and they manage to 1. Keep a VERY safe distance 2. Get stuck on the corner, twice, two of em.

Well, got the AT-weapon and blew up a tank, goes up to the chopper and my guys are like hundred meters after me and one starts to take fire, of course he decided to walk around the builing instead of following me.

Has anyone tried coop and checked if they fixed so the mission is not over when the captain dies, then I might be able to play with some friends instead of the worst AI in the history of gaming?

I gues I have to go play with the mods people are making and actually managing to get it to work.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Edited by semjonov

Rather unfortunately, modding the AI doesn't seem to help either, it might be shatty pathfinding on the part of the map. I too had the frustration with that part too, and agree, it needs to be fixed. Overall though the AI has improved so I'm not complaining as much anymore..