Ghost Recon:AW 1.21 patch FeedBack

My biggest AI complaint is that they consistently walk in front of me when I'm firing. A kid in his/her fourth week of Basic Combat Training in the US Army knows better than to move in front of a loaded weapon. I mean, is there SOME way to make the AI more aware of others' weapons? I just shot some poor friendly in the neck on SP a minute ago cuz I was trying to suppress a badguy who was firing at the two of us. He walked right in front of a hot weapon and got a 5.56mm round to the neck. Then I got hit once or twice before I finally got the guy down. It almost cost TWO lives, and he was an AI I have no control over (the good guys at the end of Mayday! Mayday!). My fellow Ghosts are no smarter, and I've shot them a couple times as well...

MUCH better than [GR], but still room to improve...

Nonetheless, :g_withgrin:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest AI complaint is that they consistently walk in front of me when I'm firing. A kid in his/her fourth week of Basic Combat Training in the US Army knows better than to move in front of a loaded weapon. I mean, is there SOME way to make the AI more aware of others' weapons? I just shot some poor friendly in the neck on SP a minute ago cuz I was trying to suppress a badguy who was firing at the two of us. He walked right in front of a hot weapon and got a 5.56mm round to the neck. Then I got hit once or twice before I finally got the guy down. It almost cost TWO lives, and he was an AI I have no control over (the good guys at the end of Mayday! Mayday!). My fellow Ghosts are no smarter, and I've shot them a couple times as well...

Yep, had the same problem and shot a few myself.. The game stopped and they ordered me to bury them on the spot... :stupid: Seriously, it still is a problem with these guys...

Edited by Stormin

I have to agree too, you get setup for that "perfect" shot, and all of a sudden, somebody walks in front of you, triggering the weapons down animation. Bastiches. Though I agree, I've popped a few under the same situation. Once one came around the corner too quick and reflexively I popped him, both rounds hit fine, but it was a friendly... Most often now I tell them to stop when in contact, which kinda solves that problem, that and I stay in front of them sometimes. But that brings up some other kinds of problems..

I have to agree too, you get setup for that "perfect" shot, and all of a sudden, somebody walks in front of you, triggering the weapons down animation. Bastiches. Though I agree, I've popped a few under the same situation. Once one came around the corner too quick and reflexively I popped him, both rounds hit fine, but it was a friendly... Most often now I tell them to stop when in contact, which kinda solves that problem, that and I stay in front of them sometimes. But that brings up some other kinds of problems..

I've had to restart the entire SP campaign, so this time around I've tried to make a habit of pushing my team out in front of me. Again, this can lead to Friendly Fire/fratricide issues, but it keeps ME alive, and in the mind of the God of GRAW, THAT is what matters. Scott Mitchell, former male cheerleader, is FINALLY a real hero.

Then the operatino's details go classified before he gets home, and no one ever finds out. So he continues to get ridiculed for his un-manly high school career.

No one cared that he was also one heck of a gymnast...

And Brown's remains go back to the trailer park in a ZipLoc baggie along with the crusts off Kirkland's PB&J sammich. Packed for him by his mother. Who he was later told he REALLY resembled. He did manage to fit a lot of her clothes...

Ah, I just love the smell of FRATRICIDE in the morning...

Good job on the patch GRIN. :g_withgrin:

Now all we still need for the adversial side, boils down to dedicated files, servercommands (switch map, ...) and a restriction kit. The global game and modes would have made sure that the MP part would have gotten a 9/10 if it were released today. Still cant comprehend why most wanne complain about this fact, cause due to the whining about release, they were given a finished SP and a chance to play the beta version of the MP (and they knew this if they had done their research) and who wouldnt have signed up for that anyway. Only difference is now we had to pay the price up front for the SP part. I can see this game really lifting off in a month or so when the last stuff on the promised list gets released. GG

Edited by =GUI=M@s3nk0

Still cant comprehend why most wanne complain about this fact, cause due to the whining about release, they were given a finished SP and a chance to play the beta version of the MP (and they knew this if they had done their research) and who wouldnt have signed up for that anyway.

Thats a total BS, MP aspect was hiden till release. There were also false trailers saying that GRAW has outstanding MP mods ! They proly ment Domi and Coop :lol:

The funniest thing is that error which you receive when quiting game. Seems like GRIN just cant release patch without major bug within showing from the first moment :) Looks like they dont test patches at all :)

PS. Game is still crapy after 1.21 patch.

/me uninstaling and waiting till next pach.

Edited by Joseph_Q

Don't know, after the patch I was able to play 3 to 4 hours without getting bored on Hamburger Hill and Team Deathmatch. It works out well because dependent upon the respawns depends the play style. If infinite, it makes it a deathmatch type game with running and gunning, but if limited people play more reserved and strategic. I agree that we need server side stuff now, considering we had a guy go -23 because he kept team killing, and people use the GL instead of a gun (instead of as a supplement to their gun) which would be nice to restrict, or only give them one grenade so they have to use it well.

Still cant comprehend why most wanne complain about this fact, cause due to the whining about release, they were given a finished SP and a chance to play the beta version of the MP (and they knew this if they had done their research) and who wouldnt have signed up for that anyway.

Thats a total BS, MP aspect was hiden till release. There were also false trailers saying that GRAW has outstanding MP mods ! They proly ment Domi and Coop :lol:

The funniest thing is that error which you receive when quiting game. Seems like GRIN just cant release patch without major bug within showing from the first moment :) Looks like they dont test patches at all :)

PS. Game is still crapy after 1.21 patch.

/me uninstaling and waiting till next pach.

So your saying that them announcing no dedicated files and only domination as a mode didnt arouse your suspicion ... and i wasnt talking about checking trailers and such but looking into the posts on the numerous boards ...

I m having a blast atm. Clanwise the new gamemodes are awesome when played 4v4 with coms.

I've had to restart the entire SP campaign, so this time around I've tried to make a habit of pushing my team out in front of me. Again, this can lead to Friendly Fire/fratricide issues, but it keeps ME alive, and in the mind of the God of GRAW, THAT is what matters. Scott Mitchell, former male cheerleader, is FINALLY a real hero.

Then the operatino's details go classified before he gets home, and no one ever finds out. So he continues to get ridiculed for his un-manly high school career.

No one cared that he was also one heck of a gymnast...

And Brown's remains go back to the trailer park in a ZipLoc baggie along with the crusts off Kirkland's PB&J sammich. Packed for him by his mother. Who he was later told he REALLY resembled. He did manage to fit a lot of her clothes...

Ah, I just love the smell of FRATRICIDE in the morning...

Unfortunately and kind of hypocritically, I tend to try and actually look out (sometimes) for them. I mean it's like you're still responsible anyways, so if I lose one sometimes, I just restart the mission (though when Brown and Allen bought it in the last two missions, I said "oh well, such is war") and go at it again. But you're best friend Kirkland is doing well though, he's finally just shooting guns than me wasting the time for me to teach him how to use a guided missile :)

Haha and yeah to read Mitchell's OER "Suffered gallantly in the face of fire while standing back and letting the enlisted die in front of him, recommend for promotion immediately" But then again, telling them morons to stop in 1.21 is actually better now, they pretty much stop when needed but still the friendly fire issue remains...

Then again, that's an issue with most games anyways, I've had a few incidents in RvS as well too..

Edited by EricJ