Know of a GREAT GRAW server?

Just a thought, and maybe the admins will slaughter the people of my village for this. Or maybe they won't.

But if you know of a consistently great server, whether for the lack o' lag or the awesome players that frequent it, how about dropping the server's name in here. Obviously, passworded servers won't do much good...

AND YES, WE KNOW SOME OF YOU DON'T PLAY GRAW MP ANYMORE, BUT PREFER FROGGER EXTREME OR WHATEVER! No need to mention it here. Thanks for playin'...

Edited by RAbbi_74

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would just like to say this, Beer Drinking Assassins server is well run and probably the best GRAW Domination server out there.

ShadowCompanyElite has too many modded playres on it, the two servers are smooth and great gameplay but two completely different servers.

I play on both but have found that I will take the 5 max deaths on BDA over the consistant cheaters on SCE server anyday. Try both servers and you will see what I am talking about.

If GRIN releases a dedicated server file that does not require the cd and video card FMF will be hosting a quality server. Were ready but patience is growing thin in my clan to wait much longer.

Edited by FMF_FrAgMaN

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything BUT, it's not like there are more than 4-6 servers (if that) to choose from that actually have enough players in them to even play a game.

I play in the ones that actually have some players in it, be it Ghost Squad, BDA, Official UBI, SCE. Wish there was more to choose from. Not dogging the servers out there at all but it is pretty much slim pickins out there. I believe this subject has been posted before several times though with similar responses. Thanks to those few that host the servers so that the few of us that do play, can.

I play on both but have found that I will take the 5 max deaths on BDA over the consistant cheaters on SCE server anyday. Try both servers and you will see what I am talking about.

I've tried almost every server out there and don't see what you are talking about. There is cheaters everywhere. Things will change when there is server tools to kick and ban players. Then all servers will get better.

These are my opinions:-

BDA Beer Drinking Assassins

The BDA server runs AntiCheat 24/7 although it does cause some mass disconnects but

it seems to keep the naughty pups at bay. They recently changed provider and

the new server is more stable. There's a 5 death limit imposed and this is to promote team play and runs full most nights on EST so lucky for me I'm +5 EST or GMT so never have too much of a problem to get on. visit www.beerdrinkingassasins.com and connect to the Teamspeak channel for voice. details for TS are on the website front page.

BDA offers a High speed server with 32 player GRAW plus AC 24/7, Teamspeak channels,

members Website, Mapping community with teamspeak and support.

On the look out for good European players in the GMT, GMT +1 & +2 timezones

All good players welcome.

I've not been to SCE but only hear good things.

best regards

viii

British paras server runs mostly 24/7 with anticheat on...But we do play with new maps so you have to download them..We keep a list of all maps on our homepage http://www.british-paras.co.uk where you can also download all the maps we play without registering.

We also keep our ts up on 195.20.109.74.. just use the "voice requested" thing to let us know you are there and we`ll give you voice...

It`s a uk based server with a good connection that we keep down to 24 max just because more people than that is harder to play as a team and just adds chaos.

I play on the BDA server alot because of the max deaths of 5. It adds alot more to the game than just running from spawn to the front lines. I also like the Ghost Squad as it has a really good connection and caps the amount of players @ 24 (less lagg), at least it did was up to 32 players yesterday :(. Like Fragman said once the SADS come out [99] will have a server also. As far as the SCE server it does seem like the questionable players flock to that server. I'm not saying it's SCE fault as there really isn't anything they could do about it. Though I have had some really good games there. My perfect server would be 20-26 players, AC and limited respawns.

Oh yeah I just want to give thanks to all those who have jumped on the grenade for the community and have put their dedicated servers up before the SADS have come out.

Edited by Athenian

I play on the BDA server alot because of the max deaths of 5. It adds alot more to the game than just running from spawn to the front lines. I also like the Ghost Squad as it has a really good connection and caps the amount of players @ 24 (less lagg), at least it did was up to 32 players yesterday :(. Like Fragman said once the SADS come out [99] will have a server also. As far as the SCE server it does seem like the questionable players flock to that server. I'm not saying it's SCE fault as there really isn't anything they could do about it. Though I have had some really good games there. My perfect server would be 20-26 players, AC and limited respawns.

Oh yeah I just want to give thanks to all those who have jumped on the grenade for the community and have put their dedicated servers up before the SADS have come out.

Ok Server seems to have crashed so i restarted with the 26 max sorry bout that it was set to 32 on accident..

Edited by d0youlikecheese

As far as great servers, I get the best ping on the SOK server, and it's full as often as (or more than) any other. On the other hand, play can be somewhat (shall we say) aggressive. If you don't mind having to be careful as you leave your spawn zone, you'll be fine. But don't look for people to play nice.

SCE server is good. Decent pings for me in Florida. Plus, it has a few SCE made maps in the rotation, a couple by my boy Ripper. :)

Beer Drinking Assassings is well run, has good pings, and seems to have several community made maps in the rotation.

Deathmatch? Any server with a decent ping will suffice.

As far as the "people cheat on this server and that server" business, I really think people should be more careful about cheat accusations. At this point, people are complaining constantly about someone cheating, usually because that person has an exceedingly high number of kills or an excellent kill to death ratio, or because that person "couldn't have known" where the whiner was. Or because (my personal favorite) "trust me, I know when someone is hacking," to be read: "I'm so good that I know anyone better must be hacking." Meanwhile, the same people who are complaining are running around like idiots, loudly at that, making themselves easy targets. All open cheating accusations do is increase the perception of hacking to a level far greater than its reality. Basically, it's bad for the game.

Right now, the people who have been playing this game since the day of release are going to own the newcomers, and we will later own the people waiting in the wings for GRin to "finish" the game once they come in against people with gads more experience. When this game finally kicks into gear, I'm afraid all who have been on board from the beginning, those who know the maps, who know the spots, who know the lanes, who know the common movement patterns of opponents and are able to predict where people will be before they see or hear them, those of us in that position will be labeled hackers no matter what type of A/C exists for no other reason than the perception of hacking will have become so overblown. That, friends, will be sad.

This is not FLAME TO SoK, as I know this is just the way they play the game, and it is their server.

Too much spawn camping there. I know the other side of the story is that it is a tactic, and i will agree. But it is a tactic that will run off most people after they die 5 times in a row 2 seconds after spawning.

If I die 5 times in a row, due to my own stupidity, then so be it, but when someone is standing 20 feet behind the normal spawn point shooting ppl in the back as they spawn, thats just annoying.

Ill stick with BDA and SCE as my servers of choice, as they try their best to keep fair play in the server.

Once again, no offense SoK, I have no problems with you all, just not my type of fun.

Here is my review of the servers i have played in and those you have listed.

SOK - great ping - great if your already a good player and ready for a non tactical reflex game. I used there server to up my game reflexes. That's about it.

Shadow Company Elite - good server - seems stable and no issues. Not as much traffic lately but i don't think in the past week many of us have... picking back up now though.

TAW - New to the server ranks. Haven't lagged there yet. Ping for me isn't as good as sok but not as high as Shadow (only 125 though) Taw only runs one round which is cool.

BDA - Good for a private game. I'm not into custom maps though at the moment so haven't been by to test the new server. Game is organized and usually password protected. You must join there ts for pass to play unless they open it to the public now and then. I have to hand it to Breeze... I would go nuts with all the organizing and interupted play he deals with.

Ghost Squad - Pings are decent... usually around shadow's for me. Server seems stable and no lag felt as with the other servers listed here except for warehouses

None of these servers though have limited spawns. (except maybe now BDA i think does... but i haven't been on their server to see that)

As for ours (AttackforceZ) with a 30 ping i can't complain... but i'm close to the server so that helps. We run max deaths at 5. It ###### the run and gunners off and also makes sok leave our server early as there is no glory in spawn raping with 5 max deaths. All and all i like it.. and you may see our server down to 2 spawns in the next few weeks ;)

Edited by ROCOAFZ

My Opinion..

Of Servers and Clans.

Well ive played in a few bust mostly my own soo.

SoK Server,,,

Guys are a bunch of tools no respect for anyone.. if your beating them then your a cheater..

Server runs ok but most servers are central or east coast..

Wouldnt play there again if my life depended on it... Because of them personally

BDA Server Cool guys in BDA..

Again server a little far from me so i ping high plus normally when i get in there i have to wait for next round im not into the 5 death thing...

SCE Server..

You Guys rock we play together alot whether in your server or ours. Nice guys and there server runs decent again considering the distance..

ROCO..

Ive been in your server a couple times seem to run good but only had a few people in it..

But you and your clan are a bunch of cool guys..

Oh and the Christian gamers server

Runs good when its up..

Ghost Squad

Well i have it set up to no death limit.

People like to play not wait.

Just turned start money on naders were getting to happy,

Almost had it under control till SoK decided they wanted nade spam..

anyway would add more but im heading home from work...

ok what do u guys think would be the IDEAL server settings.meaning max deaths max players etc...........just out of curiosity cuz im looking for input from the community. :o=

the old GR setup. either no spawns 5 minutes, or 3 spawns 10 minutes. don't hold back on the players, if the server can handle it. the more the merrier... and laggier.

ok what do u guys think would be the IDEAL server settings.meaning max deaths max players etc...........just out of curiosity cuz im looking for input from the community. :o=

On TAGaming.com we use the following for [GR] and I find it very good:

4 respawns, auto respawn after 15 secs, no invul.

15 minutes max play-time.

the old GR setup. either no spawns 5 minutes, or 3 spawns 10 minutes. don't hold back on the players, if the server can handle it. the more the merrier... and laggier.

I agree with you, I would like to see our server with a more Orig Graw setup. Max deaths turned on, 10 min games. Its just Convincing the other SCE members. lol. We try to keep the settings for the server were we will get the most traffic possible, thus we have the most fun. On weekends we will put some great custom maps in the rotation just to keep things fresh. To get them go to www.shadowcompanyelite.com and you will find the maps in our downloads section. they are a real quick download too, less then a minute for me.

I would also like to thank everyone for posting both good and bad reviews on all our servers, It help us find out what the best settings are, so please continue to tell us what you would like in a server

Edited by SCE_KanucK

I agree with you, I would like to see our server with a more Orig Graw setup. Max deaths turned on, 10 min games. Its just Convincing the other SCE members. lol. We try to keep the settings for the server were we will get the most traffic possible, thus we have the most fun. On weekends we will put some great custom maps in the rotation just to keep things fresh. To get them go to www.shadowcompanyelite.com and you will find the maps in our downloads section. they are a real quick download too, less then a minute for me.

I would also like to thank everyone for posting both good and bad reviews on all our servers, It help us find out what the best settings are, so please continue to tell us what you would like in a server

Played your OC3 last night with SURPRISINGLY little lag (my machine ain't all that... yet). Nice. Pretty decent bunch in there, too. Add that to AFZs DOM as one of my faves...

I'd not limit the max deaths, honestly. Had this happen earlier this afternoon: went into a server, joined up, spawned, got tagged NEAR but not IN the spawn by a 'nade launcher, AND HAD TO SIT OUT THE NEXT 6 1/2 MINUTES. My first death was also my fifth. Yeah, it's a compromise, and I get that, so I'm a big fan of 1 death max and play to the death. Even in DOM it would be interesting, as the last few remaining players would have to hunt one another down with ojnly a vague sense of what 'zone' to look for their enemies in.

And disable tactical points. Sure there's a point, but we are supposedly SIMULATING professional special operations forces, right? Those guys don't have to kill or capture to get the right weapons for the job. Neither should I...