Why is our game less realistic?

kjs7

Ive been looking at the PC trailer, and Im wondering, why cant 360 owners get a very realistic game as well?

I mean, things like planning can be put in and made so a player can jump right in, or plan the mission before hand. So a casual gamer and a more tactical gamer can both play how they want to.

Im also hearing about other more realistic changes in the PC version like ironsights and weapon modding. I can assure you that those things would be wanted by many console players.

Ive played GRAW at a friends house, and liked it, but i really love VERY realistic shooters. How come if we dont have a good computer, we have to miss out on the action?

so please Ubi, can we see a more realistic console game? I dont like being shafted for not having a good PC. Plus GR1 and GRIT were very popular on Xbox which showed that the game can still be very realistic and popular.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been looking at the PC trailer, and Im wondering, why cant 360 owners get a very realistic game as well?

I mean, things like planning can be put in and made so a player can jump right in, or plan the mission before hand. So a casual gamer and a more tactical gamer can both play how they want to.

Im also hearing about other more realistic changes in the PC version like ironsights and weapon modding. I can assure you that those things would be wanted by many console players. Ive played GRAW at a friends house, and liked it, but i really love VERY realistic shooters. How come if we dont have a good computer, we have to miss out on the action?

so please Ubi, can we see a more realistic console game? I dont like being shafted for not having a good PC. Plus GR1 and GRIT were very popular on Xbox which showed that  the game can still be very realistic and popular.

Hells yes, I was about to make a topic about this. I just saw the pc version through all they hype and am a little jealous. Why because it is very realistic. Also alot of cool things like Fast Rope Insertions, Parachuting into missions and the very cool tactical map. When I heard the 360 version had a tactical map I thought it would allow for multiple point to point paths like the original but . No. You can only point them were to go and hope they line up right. Plus no Coop in mexico city. Developers thank that because this is on a console it is all about action and explosions. Dont yall miss the days when you cllimb over a hill top (In perfect sniper position) and see a group of enemies patroling below so you take a knee line up your scope and pick off the front soldeir to the back quickly. Timing it with your patner so that they all hit the floor at one time. Thats what we won't. Tactical but still cool. Especially Iron Sights.

Ps: Great game Ubi but stop trying to appeal to the bigger audience. Please the originals. Your audience is big enough. you are likde #2 in the game industry.

Don't mean to rant but I like tactics. Battlefield was a gun fest. O.K. but not my cup of tea :thumbsup::grin1:

I still haven't purchased a 360, so I can't really support what you are saying, but I have seen responses by BoGrin that the two versions will be VERY different. Apparently the map and location are about the only things that the two versions will share.

I'll probably be picking up the pc version but at this point I'm just not impressed with what I'm seeing.

To me it just looks like another FPS but I'll save my final judgment for the demo.

I do agree with the map points and whatnot though. I would have liked to have seen that in the 360 version. And weapon customization would also have been nice.

Other than those things and the lack of MP maps I'm very happy with the 360 version.

First of all it is a game. Secondly, there are just as many realism issues with the PC version as there are with the 360 version. The PC version has some things I like as does the 360 version. But more realism isn't one of those things I have seen demonstrated. I wouldn't be too up in arms over that fact.

First of all it is a game. Secondly, there are just as many realism issues with the PC version as there are with the 360 version. The PC version has some things I like as does the 360 version. But more realism isn't one of those things I have seen demonstrated. I wouldn't be too up in arms over that fact.

:angry: I hope your ready for the hulk. That made me mad. Kidding. Realism is just a big part of the game for me. Also the graphics

pc gamers were really extremly demanding...

X360 was more of a money maker... but so far neither look to diffrent, but PC does seem to have the tactical edge....

Whole time I was playing graw on 360 i was like where ... what the.... why CANT I PEAK!

and the weapons layouts bothered me.... other then that thoe it was pretty good.

John Sonedecker and I were speaking about this subject the other day. The fact is 99% of the gamers do not want realism. They want a perception of realism, and that isn't the same thing. The first time they get realism, most but not all, are going to have some serious adjustment issues. Much of this is the fault of the Dev Team as they provide just enough realism to hobble the player but not enough realism to respond. Realism can often leave players complaining about a title and how they were 'cheated' or 'screwed'. Players want some realism but they want that tempered with gameplay.

Whole time I was playing graw on 360 i was like where ... what the.... why CANT I PEAK!

and the weapons layouts bothered me.... other then that thoe it was pretty good.

You can peak...did you figure out how to?

The only way to peak in SP is to stick to a wall. And good to hear about your kid. Congrats again. Now can I borrow a dollar? :D:P:lol:

Edited by ghost627

You can peak...did you figure out how to?

The only way to peak in SP is to stick to a wall. And good to hear about your kid. Congrats again.

True. It's just that I see a lot of people asking why you can't lean in MP but you can...they just don't know how.

I think it really sucks that the PC version is the true version while the 360 gets the shaft. Sure it's nice, but it could have been so much more (which is what the PC version is). I hope UBI fixes this for GR4... PLEASE ALLOW FULL-WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION, FULL SQUAD TAC MAP CONTROL, AND BETTER AI AND PHYSICS PLEASE!

not enough buttons for hotkeys

realism requires a fast movement mouse...the ai in pc version reacts faster

the demographic majority of console gamers just don't want it...realism has never been important in console games

And you think the PC version is realistic? (you haven't played it yet but that is a moot point) Think again. You think GR1 was realistic? Now you are splitting hairs.

realism requires a fast movement mouse...the ai in pc version reacts faster

the demographic majority of console gamers just don't want it...realism has never been important in console games

That's not true and there is nothing real about moving a mouse 300mph with pinpoint accuracy. Sorry but you almost can't miss with a mouse...not very real at all imo.

Don't get me wrong, I love using a mouse. I even sometimes wish MS would let 360 users use a mouse but realistic it's not.

I've not played either the PC or XBOX360 versions, but I agree with Hatchetforce - I don't think the PC version (from what I've seen) is anymore "realistic" than the XBOX360 version. The PC version does seem to offer some really nice features like the more functional tactical map, different insertion methods, FPWV etc. From what I can gather the biggest difference is really in terms of replayability. Less linear missions, bigger maps and smarter enemy AI seem to be the biggest selling points for the PC version. "Realism" is not really the issue at all.

Having said that - I can't wait to get my hands on the PC version :grin1: