GRAW PC Q&A & Date!

Posted by Ryosan @ Ubi forums.

-------------------------

Platform: PC DVD-Rom

Release date: May 5th

Producer: Mathieu Girard

-------------------------

Q. What can you tell us about the background chosen for this new Ghost Recon episode?

A. The story of GRAW revolves around Captain Mitchell and a part of his Ghost team travelling to Mexico City to educate Mexican troops and showcase US military equipment during a political meeting, only to find themselves in the middle of a guerrilla uprising. The Ghost team becomes the tip of the spear as US and Mexican troops join forces against a ruthless guerrilla leader. Be prepared for some epic street to street fights!

Q. Apart from a technical evolution, how GRAW differs from GR1?

A. We basically kept the best aspects of GR1. In GR1 the superiority of the Ghosts was, besides their meticulous training and elite operators, based mainly on their access to advanced weaponry, such as the OICW. In GRAW PC we build on that legacy and provide the Ghosts with some of the most modern and lethal hardware in the arsenal, but we also take the other technological aspects further by providing the Ghosts with an advanced communications system. This will not only enhance the soldiers’ perception and situation awareness, but also let him receive live video feeds from his team-mates’ helmet cameras as well as from the operational command. What your team-mates know – you know!

Q. Tactics was a strong feature in GR1. How have you succeed to enhance that aspect in GRAW?

A. Combined with an upgraded tactical map with direct satellite link – providing a live overview of the battle area – the Ghost leader can plan and execute objectives strategically on the fly, always certain that he has the latest Intel. Following the evolvement of unmanned vehicles we have also given the Ghosts access to a UAV 3, a remote controlled drone capable of hovering high above the rooftops and feed the team leader and operational command with immediate and detailed intelligence updates – such as the positions of individual enemies. This is the future, and information means power more than ever. Gamers will certainly be thrilled with the new technological possibilities available in GRAW.

Q. What are the unique features of the PC version compared to the consoles?

A. GRAW PC and consoles are two completely different games, since the expectations from PC gamers are different from their consoles homologues. We did not focus on direct action as it was the case on consoles but, once again, more on a strategic and tactical aspect. Planning will be a key aspect of the PC version. The more you prepare your attack the more it has the chance to succeed! Beside that, players will discover a new interface, unique features specially designed for the PC such as the ‘Air strike’ command or a mod system allowing creating a large number of weapons’ combinations. There is a lot to discover…

Q. Multiplayer is a most wanted! Can you tell us a bit on this specific part?

A. You do not expect me to use all my bullets now?! ïŠ Ok, I can assure you that the development team is currently focusing on delivering the best possible multiplayer experience for GRAW. What I can tell you at the moment is that we have a really unique and original multiplayer mode on the way and it will require the players to use all their sense of strategy to get victorious… There is more to come on that subject soon.

Edited by Deosl

i doubt there'll a demo if there's a "special event" in Paris at 21 April to play GRAW...

There's a dutch LAN in The Netherlands that starts on the same day, claims to have 12 PC's where GRAW is playable. And besides that they also announced a 5on5 competition for GRAW PC...

If that 'special event' in Paris includes some NDA's again then it's most likely not a demo ofcourse.. and that LAN (which is called Ghost Recon: The Party, sponsored by UBI) in NL won't have GRAW PC there :blink:

Sweet, just enough time to get a 7900GTX, some more RAM and a new CPU!

Definately can't wait for GRAW, every other game is getting boring to me.

Been playing the hell out of GRAW 360.

It's lots of fun times, but already needs more maps.

Hopefully there are plenty of maps in MP that will keep people occupied for longer then the 360 version.

We'll see what happens though!

Can someone with the knowledge make a countdown timer for the release date?  Something along the lines of:

http://www.xtremeeagles.net/home/index.php

If you scroll down the main page you will see the counter.  I want something like that for my website but have no idea how to make it.

Found a website with a pre-made script. So I used it, and made one up in 5 min.

Not the best looking :P I know...

But here it is.

http://mexicanhq.com/grawcountdown/

Edited by SillyHalfMexican

WOOT!!

i expect the demo around the 15th of april... that give 2 weeks b4 release.

Are we sure about that?

GRAW 360 was released what....March 10th?

then

Posted by Rocky on Thursday, March 30 2006

Ubisoft have just announced that there will be a multiplayer demo of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on Xbox Live Marketplace tomorrow!.

20 days later a DEMO is anounced?

But 360 stuff aside....whoo hoo...its getting close...MAY 5TH!!!! Looks like we all get to run around Mexico City on CINCO DE MAYO

HACK

Edited by SteelHack

Can someone with the knowledge make a countdown timer for the release date?  Something along the lines of:

http://www.xtremeeagles.net/home/index.php

If you scroll down the main page you will see the counter.  I want something like that for my website but have no idea how to make it.

Found a website with a pre-made script. So I used it, and made one up in 5 min.

Not the best looking :P I know...

But here it is.

http://mexicanhq.com/grawcountdown/

Thanks man thats awesome :)