Some New COOL PC SCREENSHOTS

Beacuse the high setting requires some cards not available yet.

AWESOME! Thats the best that you guys could have done! :) I always LOVED games that have very heavy features and make you "ohhh" and "ahhh" again after you have bought new hardware! :D Don´t forget guys what Mark Rein once said, "... to run UT2007 with all details, you will need video cards with up 1GB video ram!". True PC games baby, true PC games.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWESOME! Thats the best that you guys could have done! :) I always LOVED games that have very heavy features and make you "ohhh" and "ahhh" again after you have bought new hardware! :D Don´t forget guys what Mark Rein once said, "... to run UT2007 with all details, you will need video cards with up 1GB video ram!". True PC games baby, true PC games.

Yepp Mark is right. We take similar approaches.

Bo, is that helicopter screeny on high detail? if so wot card was you using and wot fps was u getting :P those graphics are crazy :D

Nope thats medium detail.

I dont get it, why wont/dont you post ALL pics at Highest setting. The way I see it; the prettier, the better! Why dont you use all the tricks and sparks when you got it? :ph34r:

:nono::wall:

I am guessing he means that the textures are 2048x 2048 and there isn't video cards with power to store and process them at that resolution without effecting Fill rates.

remeber with each texture resolution jump it doesn't just double, its 4x's as much pixel info.

At medium settings the card would downsize the textures to 1024 x 1024 making it still detailed.

I would guess the early screens had the textures a 512.

Hey BO, heres a qucik question in regards to your engine. Does it support 3dsmax, and if so is that all that it supports?

I myself work with both Maya and XSI, I was just wondeering for personal intrest.

I might have to learn a little Max as well

Hey BO, heres a qucik question in regards to your engine.  Does it support 3dsmax, and if so is that all that it supports?

I myself work with both Maya and XSI, I was just wondeering for personal intrest.

You can transfer files form Maya to max and then export to our engine. We do that at times. But mainly we use Max as we written quite a lot of plugins for it.

Hey BO, heres a qucik question in regards to your engine.  Does it support 3dsmax, and if so is that all that it supports?

My guess is Yes becuase they had a job posting for artist and the skill set they wanted was Photoshop Max and Z brush

Holy cow, this thread is only 2 hours old and there are almost 60 replies and over 700 views! Ease up before you burn the server out!  :P

Can you say "media starved?".

There is indeed an information vacuum for this product; we want more info! but we get very little, so when we suddently get some bits, we eat it all up...with a vengeance ; )

(btw, thx for the answer Bo)

Looks good!

Bo, I thought the 7900GTX and X1900XTX would be the last directx 9 cards?

Are you telling me they gonna expand the memory structures on these cards?

And is HDR being used in combination with AA. Because Nvidia cards can't do AA and HDR simultanousley (help, my Englsih spelling going overboard, lol).

So, that leaves ATI as the only wise choice if we want max settings at the best framerates. And Nvidia if we want the highest fps?

E3 has some announcements? Why wasn't there any talk about newer cards on the Cebit?

Cheers

Those screens look so cool. So GR:AW PC is really coming out, I better start saving for a new PPU for real now.

The guns look amazing. The lighting looks amazing. I know I keep nagging about the HUD (toggle elements on/off), but the HUD is so much more refined than earlier on. I have to say that the night screen with the helicopter is my favorite. Can we see a new screen with the night vision next? Has the night vision look changed at all?

Will we be seeing some videos in the very near future (please) :D ?

silent_op

Those are very nice looking. I'll just say thanks and continue to cross my fingers that we get some good info about gameplay in the near future.

At least Bo finds it entertaining enough to still play a bit :)

Shouldn't there be some forum rule against taunting posts of that nature?? ;)

Great pics Bo.

Seeing as the noose has loosened a bit could you give us poor saps some kind of idea what would be a good, midrange gfx card that could be SLI'd or Xfire'd in the future to get decent FPS at decent eyecandy settings.

I'm not asking you to recommend a manufacturer just a range, 7600, 7800, 7900, x1900 etc.

I'm looking to upgrade the 6600gt SLI rig and GR:AW is the main game and you know the specs ;)

A gentle nudge in the right direction would be appreciated by a lot of people I think m8 ;)

Looks good!

And is HDR being used in combination with AA. Because Nvidia cards can't do AA and HDR simultanousley (help, my Englsih spelling going overboard, lol).

So, that leaves ATI as the only wise choice if we want max settings at the best framerates. And Nvidia if we want the highest fps?

E3 has some announcements? Why wasn't there any talk about newer cards on the Cebit?

Cheers

Yes the 7900GTX and X1900XTX are the last "high-end" directx9 cards. DX10 cards will come around Q3-Q4 this year, even with Vista being pushed to January 2007. Bo said you will be able to run on high (texture) settings if you have a 512MB card.

No idea what type of HDR is used in GRAW. There are types of HDR where EVERY PS2.0 card supports HDR+AA, and others where only ATI supports HDR+AA (Serious Sam 2). However, if they used the same type of HDR like in ES4-Oblivion, then NO card will use HDR+AA, unlikely because the new screenshots have clearly AA enabled.

The game will be at the E3, Ageia will be there, Ubi will be there, so that should be pretty much a given. :)

Looks good!

Cheers

Yes the 7900GTX and X1900XTX are the last "high-end" directx9 cards. DX10 cards will come around Q3-Q4 this year, even with Vista being pushed to January 2007. Bo said you will be able to run on high (texture) settings if you have a 512MB card.

No idea what type of HDR is used in GRAW. There are types of HDR where EVERY PS2.0 card supports HDR+AA, and others where only ATI supports HDR+AA (Serious Sam 2). However, if they used the same type of HDR like in ES4-Oblivion, then NO card will use HDR+AA, unlikely because the new screenshots have clearly AA enabled.

The game will be at the E3, Ageia will be there, Ubi will be there, so that should be pretty much a given. :)

aye, stating that Nvidia cards can't do HDR + AA is slightly misleading as explained here but certainly performance wise the ATI will handle it better.

I have to demystify a myth also. Team red claims that Series 7 can't handle both HDR and antialiasing at the same time. That's only partly true, NVIDIA's Series 7 product can do so for sure yet they use another method. Here's the issue, G7x hardware does not support multisample antialiasing with fp16 render targets. The G7x series however can support AA with HDR through a variety of other methods, including supersampling and application specific implementation. Now in more simple terms, NVIDIA does support multisampling with HDR when HDR is handled by shaders (and not by floating point 16 buffer). Some games examples that already do this are Far Cry, HL2 and my favorite game, Age of Empires.