Exploding Cars

Did u noticed that on movie uploaded by Moonwalker on console forum. Cars ( even bus ) explode after being shot at with a rifle ( i think it was less than 20 bullets). Another movie shows a bus poping like popcorn after fragmentation grenade explodes nearby. I think it is extremly unrealistic, i hate this and i realy hope that i would be different on PC. <_<

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did u noticed that on movie uploaded by Moonwalker on console forum. Cars ( even bus ) explode after being shot at with a rifle ( i think it was less than 20 bullets). Another movie shows a bus poping like popcorn after fragmentation grenade explodes nearby. I think it is extremly unrealistic, i hate this and i realy hope that i would be different on PC. <_<

Oh yeah, I saw the video, esp. the flying tire :nono:

They should align the demolition on the shooting scene in the movie HEAT.

Lots of holes and flatten tires, destroyed windows ... but no big explosions

caused by rifle fire esp. on diesel busses. And the sound of that scene ... sweet.

Edited by Striker-1991

They should align the demolition on the shooting scene in the movie HEAT.

Lots of holes and flatten tires, destroyed windows ... but no big explosions

caused by rifle fire esp. on diesel busses. And the sound of that scene ... sweet.

Good old Michael Mann :P

Yeah i doubt a wheel can be detatched from its Axle by being shot a few times. Or a car door wil fly off.

That my friend is exactly the 'touch' that the console crowd like. It's one of the characteristics that seperate and define PC games and PC players. Not just a system difference, it's an aesthetic and game philosophy difference.

I hope that's not in the pc game.

I know this is gonna be a bit :offtopic: , so I rely on the moderators to judge this post. I didn't want to make a new topic for this little question, because I could have miss interpreted (which I really hope so!).

On the Gamespot XBox Review of GRAW they mention among some of "The Bad" of GRAW that: "...except there are no civilians; teammate artificial intelligence leaves something to be desired; bright, high-contrast lighting can sometimes make it difficult to see."

Do I miss-read this or are there really no civilians in GRAW :o ? If so that would just be nuts! How can that be? :wall: The notice that there are 'non-combattants' in the field gives that extra thrill to check your target before pulling the trigger. In GR1 a lot of missions can be blown by friendly fire on civilians. It isn't realistic to have a battlefield in the city without civilians, especcially these days with terrorist (suicide) threads. It makes yourself to be more alert then ever on where to walk and move. Carbombs (also modded in GR1! :yes: ) ambushes etc, etc. give that extra shock effect when a place that looks friendly/safe changes because it's an ambush.

Please help me out here and explain this sentence to me! In this particular case I just hope my english is abandoning on me, so I miss interpreted! :P

Edited by Toniezz

No.

Fuel vapors need a spark or flame to ignite. A bullet is made from lead and is enclosed in copper/bronze. Neither is ferrous.

If you could get a lit match pass the vapors, you could put it out in a bucket of gasoline.

ok, i know it would be a small chance to hit in the right spot, but wouldnt copper/bronze hitting car metal make a spark?

And there are no HE rounds available in 5.56, 7.62, or .50 calibers, right?

I beleive there are... and from my understanding, they disable vehicles really quick. But nothing blows them up.

I hope

other then a couple frags would cause a mess of junk and some fire but not a explosion for say. maybe a small explosion as gasoline burns, but not like the vehicle is packed with C4

I hope it is made like that.

I think the best representation of vehicles explosions iv seen was in a Operation flash point Addon.....

hit a tank with a javalin and boom it blew up, but even more so it cought fire and would occasional pop from rounds inside blow up. The smoke from the vehicles were great too, big pooring smoke clouds that went pretty high.

This is one place where I'm not going to say 'LOL GAMEPLAY/GRAPHIC STYLE'.

I agree with you completely, and I hope it was only done that way to showcase the effects; not to represent final gameplay.

My favorite representation of car damage from gunfire so far has actually been Driv3r, up until they explode.

Before that, tires flatten, bullet holes are pretty clear, windows shatter, and loose parts open/fall off. Pretty effective overall.

Yup, not really what I hope to see on the pc version! :unsure:  :no:

For the rest of those video's: RUN AND GUN BABY....RUN AND GUN   :yawn:  :wall:

ok as usuall. Stop right there.

There is not cars exploding from bullets in the PC version.

What about the doors and tires falling off..that just doesnt happen.

Yeah i doubt a wheel can be detatched from its Axle by being shot a few times. Or a car door wil fly off.

That my friend is exactly the 'touch' that the console crowd like. It's one of the characteristics that seperate and define PC games and PC players. Not just a system difference, it's an aesthetic and game philosophy difference.

I hope that's not in the pc game.

yes this is something that GR1 had in it that made it nice, was that when you shot at a car it would simply just leave a bullet hole there and be done with it, I feel that would be only right to leave that and not have a door or wheel pop off and such, that to me is just not realistic and nesessary. To me that would simply be dumbing down this GR that we like. What i have seen from xbox360 videos have been some really improved explosions with fire and such that are really bitchen, that is so cool to see, and would not mind blowing something up legitamently.

We Share Story/narration with console version. No more.

Mission layout and all gameplay is unique to PC.

Company CEO:

Mr. Bo Andersson

Please remember the above quote when trying to compare the PC and Console versions.

Colin

Sure , but we don't know what specyfic gameplay features are different.

I saw Myth Busters episode about cars exploding from bullets. Myth was 100 % BUSTED. Thats why i has so worried about that issue on Xbox movies. I'm cool again after Bo's post.

No.

Fuel vapors need a spark or flame to ignite. A bullet is made from lead and is enclosed in copper/bronze. Neither is ferrous.

If you could get a lit match pass the vapors, you could put it out in a bucket of gasoline.

WK - I am extremely impressed with your knowledge of basic chemistry! A man of many talents........ ;)