Graw New Screens March

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice screens...

:x:

-------------------------------

As for relief, not at all but I'm also not upset by it. Personally, I can see it happening.

All the talk of GR2 and cancellation in the UBI forums did start me thinking that my optimism may be premature. However, Bo's post makes it quite clear cancellation is not a possibility. It also sounds like the game is done but is being polished.

If it's just a polishing thing, then my preference would be for them to release and address issues with patches or expansion packs. You can also make a game stand the test of time by continuing to develop it and adding to it, releasing a perfect product for the first release is a bit unrealistic. IMHO

Edited by chilly-willy

These screens appear to be reflective of fan comments with reference to HDR. The bright splotches have been toned down. Care to comment Bo?

Sure WK.

The HDR is toned down a lot and we upped the texture resolutions since October by 8 times approx. Depending on your GFX card of course.

What more you can see we got a pretty long view distance about 3 times since you saw it in Leipzig - now that will tell you a bit on the fighting distances for you snipers and crawlers out there.

Also note the numerous small and medium covers in the shots. This will give you a good opportunity to hide and position your ghosts while moving in overwatch or in combat for that matter. It is all about angles and fire lanes ppl :)

Good screens from UBI I say.

Also ppl.... notice the HUD tone down and pull out to the limits of the screen.

Thanks Bo. I am sure that those screens will help to settle some people down. Still, Ubi needs to release a video, but that is not your fault.

@Everyone - As I have said elsewhere, Bo and company listen to us fans. I brought up the to bright of an area in Germany with Bo and he took the comments from the rest of you in that respect to heart and changed it. Don't always think that just because he hasn't said anything as him trying to put us off, it isn't his call.

Ubi needs to release a video, but that is not your fault.

I brought up the to bright of an area in Germany with Bo and he took the comments from the rest of you in that respect to heart and changed it.

Yes they do need to release a vid, that would be GREAT !!

On the second part of that statement WK, I hope they haven't scrapped the light bloom effect by dumbing down the brightness. I was actually looking forward to the eyes re adjusting aspect. Would that be the HDR??

Edited by Cutter

Awesome screens, the textures and the HUD look so much better!

Again thanks to Bo, very nice from you to comment on these nice screens :)

Edit:

That is what we all wanted, screens and response of Ubi/GRIN.. I am really satisfied now, if you come out every week with such good media, I can wait as long as it takes to finish the game. Go GRIN!! :thumbsup:

Edited by rakurai

Those are nice screens.

I only have one observation to make, and it's something that I would like to see changed, but it's just a thought.

The muzzle flash is still too much. You would never see muzzle flash like that in daylight from small arms, only at night. It's very over-powering, and unrealistically blocks part of your view of your surroundings when the weapon is fired. The only time you could see flash like that during the day is from a 16" battleship gun.

At night, or inside unlit buildings, muzzle flash would appear that brightly. But not outside, not in the light of day.

Other than that, these screens are teriffic. :thumbsup:

And great job on the new HUD layout. :thumbsup:

Edited by Specter

As far as the HDR, it is still there Cutter, but the over bright splotches that were visible in early screens have been toned down. Yes, there are brighter areas when looking from a dark area into light, but it all depends on the surface and the angle. What was shown earlier was a bit overblown in that department and as such is now shown in the new screens more as it should be.

As far as the HDR, it is still there Cutter, but the over bright splotches that were visible in early screens have been toned down. Yes, there are brighter areas when looking from a dark area into light, but it all depends on the surface and the angle. What was shown earlier was a bit overblown in that department and as such is now shown in the new screens more as it should be.

That's good to hear. I was looking forward to my virtual eyes readjusting when moving from light to dark areas.

nice screens...

-------------------------------

As for relief, not at all but I'm also not upset by it. Personally, I can see it happening.

All the talk of GR2 and cancellation in the UBI forums did start me thinking that my optimism may be premature. However, Bo's post makes it quite clear cancellation is not a possibility. It also sounds like the game is done but is being polished.

If it's just a polishing thing, then my preference would be for them to release and address issues with patches or expansion packs. You can also make a game stand the test of time by continuing to develop it and adding to it, releasing a perfect product for the first release is a bit unrealistic. IMHO

I agree with you 100000000000 Percent. Release the game now, and then add the patches/fixes, shows us you really care afterwords too.

Whats up with the 'cross-com' to the left? Assuming this is the cross-com.

So we're not getting the real time footage from our AI teammates?

Looking good neverless.

I will get into that later. Need some more screens to explain it. But you will get something closer to GR1 in the way it is used.