GRAW NEW PC Screens

Just remember... GRIN is working with an already established property that RSE developed. Make sure you don't be-little the ones that gave birth to this thing. 

I was a HUGE RSE fan, since I frist came upon the first Rainbow 6 title. I used about 35 mins to plan out my first mission, and about 30 sec to get my whole team wiped out. It was BRILLIANT!!! :rofl:

I in no way would ever take away of the props you and other past RSE members deserve. :notworthy: That being said, not only did RSE (for whatever reason) not produced a game with substance since GR, but they have been dumbing down thier games considerably since. No, that doent mean there isnt great talent and cool people there ( :hi: Serilllian), But the games ,IMO, will only be as great as the direction it has/allowed to have, and that direction has definetly changed in RSE.

I would just like to point out that GRIN is in the enviable position of developing ONLY the PC version so they do have the luxury of being able tofocaus 100% of thier development time and talents on just that sku. A lot of "big dev teams" don't have that luxury and must develop multiple sku's at the same time or at best on a very shortened schedule and budget. 

You'd know better than me to why games arnt being produced the way RSE used to. Only point I have is I'd like to see the substance take priority in game development, whatever needs to happen to make that happen I'm for.

OK, back on topic:

HUD GOOOOOD :thumbsup:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@NYR, please keep in mind Bo told me directly that the screen shot 7 is what the PC versions HUD will look like. all the other HUD's are old and have been changed. But the way it looks and the possibility of toggling the HUD on/off is enough for me to give GRAW a :thumbsup:

Bo did make that clear to me. screenshot 7 is the way it will look. I guess I came across as a highly wired individual to Bo that he said I can relax... :rofl: Sorry bo..

I'm looking forward to my clan taking the sniper wars to GR3, it's like aquiring a taste for British bitter. BTW...what is Britains BEST bitter? no arguments plz... :whistle:

-Papa6

I want to point out that the HUD in pic 7 is exactly what I saw in Germany and stated as much when a screen was shown with the very same HUD. As Bo also stated, the HUDs seen in the early screenshots are console versions even if the screenshot was for the PC.

Still, it was good to hear him say something about them. Hopefully we will get some gameplay video of GRAW for PC soon.

Well Grin are doing a swell job.All the PC screenies we've seen so far are much superior than the X-box screens.

I'd be interested to know what sort of rig will be required to achieve those sorts of crystal clear graphics in game.Esspecially as they appear to be superior to the X-box 360 with it's ramped up graphics capabilities.

I'm assuming rightly or wrongly, but screenshots will be the 'best possible'.So that could be that top-end cards can only deliver that quality in real time.Either way its shaping up well imo.

Edited by BornToKill

A couple of those pics are from the console version. You can tell by the HUD.

I was wondering because I thought it looked a little consolish(nice word)

Er, if you read the entire thread, they are not console screens, just early builds, that have been much updated since they were released.

They are ALL PC screens, just out of date, for the most part.

Does the squad viewport window always show on scren or is it like SWAT 4 , where you call it up when you want.

The direction arrows are presumably objective directions, if the objective locations show on the tac map, this feature could be toggled off. If the squad window was closed until you needed it, the objective arrows, health bar and compass toggled off, the HUD would be good to go for me.

Bo's email to me stated that all but #7 are xbox360 screens..console to be more specific if you will. But #7 is what the HUD for GRAW will look like for the PC. I'm fairly sure that being able to togle the HUD element on/off will be available. I'm sure GRIN is alot smarter then we're giving them credit for. :yes:

Edited by Papa6

It can't be to difficult to compile a little 30 second clip of the game... can it?

Graphics are not bad but they look like a drawing / painting to me =/

Look at this car for example : http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offs...558&mId=2407162

The car looks like a bad painting :huh: Does no one agree?

Edited by whoa182

It can't be to difficult to compile a little 30 second clip of the game... can it?

Graphics are not bad but they look like a drawing / painting to me =/

Look at this car for example :  http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offs...558&mId=2407162

The car looks like a bad painting  :huh:  Does no one agree?

I agree, not to impressed with the graphics, but gameplay is just as important to me, so hopefully that will be right.

Aslong as gameplay is good I honestly don't mind too. But I like to get some good use out of my compuer hardware.

But I still have not seen any gameplay footage so it's really hard to tell from screenshots

Edited by whoa182

A new HUD and ironsights may be great, but how many team members are you playing with? And can you divide them up into multiple teams?

Without that, the core gameplay of GR is lost, so we should be expecting a whole new game.

Hopefully the game will be slow like the original, but somehow I doubt that too :(

Only time will tell, I'm eagerly awaiting a worthy sequel.

By all accounts the game is going to be slow and you will need to use a lot of stealth.

Yes, GRAW features stealth and tactics. There will be no AI spawn hell [my words, WK].

It will be non-linear. We wanted to expand the maps and let the player decide how to complete the missions as in the [Ghost Recon].

We are concentrating on the tactical approach along with the ability to collect information [think UAV and other sources] and have AI challenging enough to create a better feel to the game. This time around you will also have far better control of the team and trust them to do their job better than any other game in the genre ever.

Quotes taken from link

We want to reward the players who develop effective tactics, without handicapping those which prefer the action. So certain elements and objectives were created in order to be played in a certain manner, our objective was however to make it possible to the players to achieve the missions in the manner which seems to them more amusing.

However, that will not be inevitably easiest or most effective... It is one of the best elements of the series of Ghost Recon:

Taken from link

Colin

Cool.

I'm a bit out of the loop as far as news goes lately, but today I decided to hit up ghostrecon.net and was greeted with a lot of GR3 news (Plus a cool banner on top. Nice touch, Rocky :P )

But I was reading today about how you'll only have 4 other Ghosts with you. Can you split them up into 2 or 3 teams (3 and 2 or 2, 2 and a sniper)?

The overhead map mode looks delicious, though. That makes me very happy.

I am really looking forward to seeing what they do with this.

Cool.

I'm a bit out of the loop as far as news goes lately, but today I decided to hit up ghostrecon.net and was greeted with a lot of GR3 news (Plus a cool banner on top.  Nice touch, Rocky  :P )

But I was reading today about how you'll only have 4 other Ghosts with you.  Can you split them up into 2 or 3 teams (3 and 2 or 2, 2 and a sniper)?

The overhead map mode looks delicious, though.  That makes me very happy.

I am really looking forward to seeing what they do with this.

Yes, it will be possible to split up the team, though I'm not sure if it will be possible to split it up into more than 2. Maybe someone else can answer that, but I don't think it has been specified yet.

nice,but i rather have present day uniforms,than the space suit.its going to take some getting use too.it better be good,cause so far i'm not impressed.i'm more excited about the new mods that are coming out soon in the forums. :whistle:

Well, I'm with you on the old-fashioned soldiering experience, but the equipment that the Ghosts are using are based on present-day functional equipment, except for the pilot's helmet with the HUD, of course. Click the links below and remark at the awesome US Army equipment that could have been, since the gray-blue ACU is now being rapidly issued to soldiers both overseas and at home. Dead-sexy and one of the most forward thinking designs available to the private sector, today. Enjoy!!

The username is "mm". The password is "mm"

Crye Warrior

Crye Warrior 2

Crye

Crye2Crye3

*Sorry, if these pics have been shown in another thread.