GRAW for PC

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember, GR:AW 360 is going to be a launch title for that console, with launch in November....ish

I was under the impression that GR:AW would be available for 360 in early December, and have been told by a limited reliability source (EB Games) that they expect the 360 the week of November 14. So not that you are wrong, and I would be very happy if GRAW was available at launch, I have just seen different dates, that's all.

I haven't tried the free EP out yet, but from what I have read, many say it's buggy and unpolished, kinda like it wasn't ready, anyone have any thoughts on that? No sense looking a gift horse in the mouth, guess I'll reinstall RvS and check it out.

Where is WK? This report is taking ages to appear.

I guess he wants to be thorough and do a complete job but it's taking a while.

I am not withholding information. While I have been a bit cryptic, I have to be at this point due to the fact I am only about half way done with it. I am working to earn some money to get pics developed to go along with the report/interview. I also have follow up questions for Bo to answer and some to clarify. I also have to send it to Ubi to ensure I don't release information that I have that even the normal press (read game sites like Gamespot and magazines) do not have. Ubi could have very well had me sign an NDA, but they didn't. I am not about to burn bridges for myself or anyone else whether here on staff or gamer to get information free of restrictions from a dev just to get out information that people want. Trust me, I have it and am for the most part, happy with what I have seen and have been told.

"I would gladly trade a map editor for a mission editor anyday. Are the days gone where a server sided mission can be made?"

if it is like the unreal editor or farcry level editor....

you will have plenty of tools to make missions.... and maps....

and if GRAW has a Map Download feature... ( join a server it downloads the map ) then thats all the Server sided stuff i could ask for.

now the ripp off part is if it doesn allow a mod to run with other mods (i.e farcry or raven shield)

Edited by Prozac360

if it is like the unreal editor or farcry level editor....

you will have plenty of tools to make missions.... and maps....

and if GRAW has a Map Download feature... ( join a server it downloads the map ) then thats all the Server sided stuff i could ask for.

now the ripp off part is if it doesn allow a mod to run with other mods (i.e farcry or raven shield)

OHHHHH I hope its not like Unreal editor. Sure we would have a ton of maps, but the scripting is limited! For all the complaining we make about wanting limited scripting, the most fun missions have a decent level of scripting (i.e. Alpha Tourney Missions, Jack57 mission, the list can go on forever but Ill just stop there). All I know is Unreal based missions suck for two reasons, you have to download an entire map to play one mission, and the scripting is limited to stick a guy here and maybe walk a path, but heavily rely on thier own AI(adjust properties to chane em up slightly).

Games like Swat4, Raven Shield, ummm other Ureal type game have a ton of maps but only one mission to play. Its the same mission over and over again which is to kill everything between point A-B which gets boring after a while. Being allowed to script the AI to act a certain way for certain reasons will allow for a TON of variety.

eh, here is hoping we get a decent Igor like tool! :P

Lets face it before people had mastered creating new maps in GR1 (after sussing out 3Dmax etc) there was a long while before a "new map" appeared apart from expansions. The thing that was boosting the scene and making this site a hot spot for downloads was the IGOR scripting of missions, it was crazy .. loads of new featured found and obviously some real corkers came out of all of that to tailor gameplay and use more & more tactics.

So I can do without shedloads of maps, they become 2 a pennie (dime) in the end .. look at raven shield, yes, the maps are eye candy for a while and then its like collecting cards, plus MP was a ###### through having so many on different servers. I know a map download feature like RVS would solve this but to me but its still a pain. Whereas well thought out scripting is not you everyday thing. I want new missions and scripting so you can rip apart the original missions and make some kick ass ones with plenty of SP/MP tactics.

Dont get me wrong new maps are great and I would assume if anything that would be the norm feature to have if modding is part of GRAW, but without the balance of scripting its just eye candy (for me at least).

One thing that GR was superb for was gameplay files. So you could script a theme (like assasination or hostage - with detection points if you were seen etc) and it would adapt to any map .. thats priceless.

Edited by calius

I want new missions and scripting so you can rip apart the original missions and make some kick ass ones with plenty of SP/MP tactics.

Agreed. :yes: New maps are good but without scripting eye candy isn't to much fun. RVS is a good example where you have a ton of maps but most of them are very poor for SP do to the lack of scripting ability.

• 2 weeks later...