Armenia mod

Giampi

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think I finally figured it out. Apparently none of the mod team uses the full auto ROF.  :unsure:

LOL! Nice catch Cobaka.

Not sure if the ROF really played into it. I experienced all of the above mentioned reverb problems (to include a huge reverb when walking through the water) before ever firing a shot. When I did fire, I had weapon on single shot. Also, the problem seemed to occur (at least for me) on the "rain" map. I also tested the mod on 3 different computers (to see if sound card played into it). It didn’t seem to.

But changing the room environment setting did fix the problem.

All I have to say is:

"Cobaka - Fine maps!"

"Armenia Mod Team - A fun mod to play!"

I'm perplexed then. I only get it with the SCAR models on full auto. Not with any stock weapons and only the SCAR weapons - not with any other sounds. Even the SCAR-H which used a stock sound has reverb. :huh: I even tried other environments - still get it. Only the generic seems to fix it. I just don't get it :wall:

If we can ever figure it out maybe we can patch it.

But I'm not feeling lucky :(

Well I think I finally figured it out. Apparently none of the mod team uses the full auto ROF.  :unsure:

Solutions:

1. Open ap01_lakeside_rain.mis and a01_lakeside.mis in Igor and change room properties of map room 10 to "generic"

2. Open ap01_lakeside_rain.mis and a01_lakeside.mis in notepad, scroll down to Roomlist, and delete the line "<Room Room = "10" EnvTag = "25"/>"

3. Use single shot ROF

Just to point out that what Cobaka listed are 3 different solutions, you can choose one of them. I will defintely release a patch shortly but I would prefer to wait few more days to see if there are other comments.

BTW: I still don't have nay problem on my PC and can't understand what the problem is (was)

Aloha GiWeDa & crew. Just finished Missions 01 & 02 and still trying to get through 03. Like most of us still playing GR1, new maps, missions, etc are always welcome and I just have to say mahalo nui loa (molto grazie, thank you very much, ta mate, etc) for a great job. :thumbsup:

I too had the reverb problem and here is feedback on the solutions.

Solution 1 - Worked like a charm.

Solution 2 - I actually tried this first so I didn't have to go into IGOR but the line I was supposed to delete wasn't there. There is, however, a similar line [ <Room Room = "10" EnvTag = "27"/> ] in ap01_lakeside_day.mis.

Solution 3 - ROF was never an issue with me as the reverb was immediately noticeable at the water's edge.

Hope the feedback helps. Aloha ... Duke

Thanks for the feedback. Was it all sounds or just weapons? Single shot also? It's sounding like map room environments are the culprit.

Aloha Cobaka. I think you are right about it being the environment. I started approximately 15 campaigns & recon missions. All of these, except two, had the reverb. I tried it with the EAX on, off, & forcing software sound options. The reverb happened with all these settings. BTW, I am using a MadDog Predator.

http://www.mdmm.com/products/audio/6-channel.asp

The reverb sounds like you are in a tunnel and I immediately had the reverb while moving out of the water in the campaign and on the path in Recon mode. This is all before firing a single shot and only seems to affect the rain map. As you near the helo, the sound gets even louder but fades as you move away. The engine sounds from the jeep & mobile AAA are also affected. The reverb, however, ends if you if you go inside a building. While testing this out, I walked around in shadow mode. Soldiers shooting or yelling outside will reverb but sound normal when I walked inside a building; and a soldier muttering inside the building sounded normal but immediately had the tunnel effect when I stepped back outside.

Thanks a lot for the very constructive feedback. As you can think it's difficult to fix something you don't experience :wall:

Anyway we will soon release a patch in beta version :lol: that will hopefully fix all the problems occured to some of yours.

Thanks a lot for the very constructive feedback. As you can think it's difficult to fix something you don't experience :wall:

Anyway we will soon release a patch in beta version :lol: that will hopefully fix all the problems occured to some of yours.

You're welcome. Looking forward to the patch but as I previously mentioned, changing the map properties did the trick for me.

I changed the Room 10 to Generic and that solved the weird reverb effects.

I like the way the maps can be used for more than one type of mission. Sadly, a lot of superb maps are really geared for just one mission.

I have played part way thru the second mission and have not had any of the sound issues descriped in previous posts. (knocks on wood)

I have an idea how much work went into this mod and it is a

great job in all respects.

kudos to:

GIWEDA

JANIE42

STREINGER

COBAKA

DOG-ZEBRA

:thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for the nice words.

Just a clarifications:

DOG-ZEBRA was not part of the modding team and actually we couldn't contact him, apparently it seems he left Gr.net.

Anyway we borrowed the general chr you could see in mission 1 and that he made for the community (See here)

Now the link on the topic is broken but in case you need I have the full general package (woodland and desert version) in my HD :)

Great mod guys!

I really enjoyed it, wish it was longer than 3 missions cuz I play mostly SP, but the quality makes up for the quantity. Good cinematics!

I initially experienced the tunnel-like reverb, but I fixed the properties in IGOR and the problem is gone. It was only the first mission/rain that had the bug.

I didn't experience the bird sounds with the full-auto SCAR though. It's all good for me, don't know why I had a bug and not the other.

Anyway, good job guys! :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Today I wanted to satisfy my ego a bit and went to see the number of downloads the mod I worked to had.

Specifically I found that Armenia SCARed had more than 2000 downloads only in Gr.net (plus those in 3dretreat and Ghostaholic).

As we say the curiosity killed the cat and decided to go and read the development thread (aka this one) and found that a promised little patch to address the few bugs found by the always great community was never released :unsure: and actually never prepared :wall:

Ok then....

Here it is

I apologize for have forgotten the issue, no matter if a mod is a success or not, we should always support what we make.

I take the opportunity to thank cobaka, Streinger and Janie42, my great team mates for this, I believe, good project

:)

• 1 year later...

As I already mentioned here, I think this amazing mod deserves a LOT more attention than it currently has! Being a complete and utter GR nut, I have played almost every mod ever released for Ghost Recon over the years, and Armenia SCARed is one that is stuck in my (far from stellar) memory.

If you have not played Armenia SCARed yet, you really missed out on one of the (admittedly many) highlights in GR's modding history. Neither the relatively small 43MB download, nor the comparatively modest amount of campaign missions (3) will prepare you for its impressive depth of story line, realized in extraordinarily intricate missions (which will hold some surprises for you). ;)

And as if that alone wasn't enough, the completely new maps, characters, weapons, vehicles, cinematics, screens, music... just about everything in Armenia SCARed is absolutely top-notch, too. This is definitely one of my all-time favorite GR mods, and I wholeheartedly recommend it to any Ghost Recon fan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 8 months later...

Ah memories!!!

Definitely Armenia SCARes was a project that Cobaka, Streinger, Janie42 and myself made with great dedication and an atrocious amount of time.

In every mission I made a tried to put something special and many random elements:

- Mission 1: this has 2 intro cines (sort of) and 2 different outro cines (depending on the success of the mission)

- Mission 2: player platoon is split into 2 different insert zones with actual cine to reflect that. But the mission will pass in the history because the spotlights of the prison actually follows the player (first ever in the mod history)

- Mission 3: fog actually changes its intensity during the curse of the mission

This mod has, in my honest opinion, everything except some custom uniforms. I can't believe at the time we were not able to coup with a good skinner guys when so many mods out there are skin/equipments only and suffer lack of missions.

The other regret is that missions are no built to be co-op playable.

Sorry if I resurrected this old thread, now you can go back reading about GR4 and all other news.

Sorry if I resurrected this old thread, now you can go back reading about GR4 and all other news.

Resurrect at your heart's content - this is the Ghost Recon forum! Resurrection is our business around here. ;)

But seriously - thanks and kudos again for Armenia SCARed - an absolute must-have mod! :thumbsup: