Scripting competition

Giampi

What do you thing about a new scripting competetion?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

GR.net staff is considering to make a final competition for scripters before the release of GR2.

Before to go further with the details we would like to see how many competitors will be available. If there will be enough people we will go on with the idea

If you are in please post also your name. Thanks!

depending on how demanding real life stuff and other mod projects are i'd be interested as long as i have the time available, either way sounds like a great idea, should maby set some guidlines, and after competition release all entries as a mission mod for the community.

Edited by jay316

should maby set some guidlines, and after competition release all entries as a mission mod for the community.

There would be full guidelines posted (just like the first scripting competition we ran), but before we go down as far as that, we need to know if the interest is there. If the results of the poll are favourable, we run with the idea and create the competition with all the details.

I think this competition is a great idea to have before GR2 PC is released.

There are a number of older and new maps made by the community that don't have any mission scripting done for them, so this might be a good way to get some new missions made for these mission-less maps.

I may be in, But we are going too need some guide lines fast before i get too lost in GR2 on X-box!

Think biggest thing i need too know is it just SP or MP or both becuase i could make killer scripts for SP!

But if it does go ahead do we win anything or just get are name up on the boards?

Hehehe just playing i don't care it's always fun to Igor even just for the fun of it!

I just hope GR2 Igor is as good as GR1 Igor is! Than i would like too really do some script mission contests!

Ehhhh :stupid:. Something really strange happened here. I clicked on the box to see the poll results without voting myself but now I am told I have already voted????????? What on earth happened? :wacko: . I dont even know what vote I have made.

I would like to participate though.

Edited by el nino foxhound

U pressed on null vote and that was your vote. No sense in viewing poll results and then vote aight? ;)

@Rocky: The problem with weapon modeling was not in entries but judges. :o

I wont enter cuz of lack of time but would like too see and play top missions.

I like the idea.

I would like to know the specifics though..

Ditto.

Need specifics.

I have alot on my plate at the moment so probably would have trouble finishing a mission from scratch, but I have one I am almost done with and could use that. If it fits the criteria.

Edited by eternal

U pressed on null vote and that was your vote. No sense in viewing poll results and then vote aight? ;)

Hmm ok that proofs I am just really stupid. I pressed null votes cause I didnt understand it, I saw people leaving their reactions and it was still on null votes (in dutch nul means zero).

Just dont mind me :(

Just got to this thread... as it is I've got 2 mods in the works, BAMRM (Boris's Anti-Material Rifle Mod) and BM1 (Boris's Meltdown Mod 1.0) the BAMRM will be in the Meltdown mod but I thought of a better mod lately. Takeing real events that took place in 1993 Mogadisu, Somolia- Black Hawk Down Somolia (BHDS). A friend of mine is in the works of makeing the map while I've began the scripting. So far the only thing I need is a few taging instructions(useing Chems marvelous "Little Birds" models and textures(allready have permission to use) and a few characters to use... other than that... its all in the bag. The new mod/mission I hope to have done by March at the latest, with a family of 7 and school... I'm jugeling. :o=:devil::help:

There are a number of older and new maps made by the community that don't have any mission scripting done for them, so this might be a good way to get some new missions made for these mission-less maps.

Great point there. I'd love to see missions for the Farm, WSV or even some of the older user-made maps.