whats you greatest fear about GR:FS ?

i cant believe Hammer beat me to the punch.

my fear is all the whiners too who will complain that the game isnt exactly like GR

TBH, I don't think anyone honestly want an exact clone of GR.

Obviously, my standards for a tactical shooter are moot, as they are impossibly high and irrelevant to a mass market game anyway. :)

i fear gr4 could get canceled for pc like gr2 did.

i fear gr4 may be a total console port like call of duty mw2 with no mods or private servers.

well i guess it can't get worse than that?

yes it can with a poor,poor coop play !!!

and even worse.......

GAMESPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give us back IP server connection like in good old GR !! and coop play with

6guys teams or 9 and a damn good modable server setting,maps,scripting etc etc

Mordred

Edited by mordred

My greatest fear is thet they wont support dedicated servers.

The last games that have been released dont make use of dedicated servers in multiplayer.

F.E.A.R. 2

Operation Flsahpoint - D.R.

COD Modern Warfare 2

That games were dead before they have been released. I hope Unisoft wont make RedStorm going that way.

I dont like the bad support of Gamespy, but its better than the "No Dedicated Server" option.

Everything else is not on my "fear" list. It will be a "new" game with some changes.

We will see what GR4 is about when it is released.

Regards

Ares

My greatest fear is that they will try to be too much like COD:MW. I love the MW games, but I don't want GR to be like that.

MW is a movie in a game's skin and it is fun, but that's them. Unfortunately UBI has been trying to brand GR this way for some time and doesn't even come close to ratcheting up to the level of the MWs intensity. They've even come out and said at one point they wanted you to feel like an action hero as part of a movie in the GRAWs. I'm not a big fan of the "day in the life of a super soldier game" out of GR.

I just want them to make their own game and not feel like, "well, we have to compete with COD:MW," and then end up not even making it a good clone of that.

My greatest fear is that they will try to be too much like COD:MW. I love the MW games, but I don't want GR to be like that.

How about a combination of the above two quotes:

GR4 will be cancelled because Ubi thinks it is not similar enough to COD:MW. :blink:<_<

:shifty::whistle:

I just want them to make their own game and not feel like, "well, we have to compete with COD:MW," and then end up not even making it a good clone of that.

I agree. I hate when they do this tring to be what they aint. Stay what made you a house hold name in the first place. If you feel you need to change the core game make a new IP and have at it!

i fear gr4 may be a total console port like call of duty mw2 with no mods or private servers.

well i guess it can't get worse than that?

If and when this game gets developed, I would think that it would be a great mistake to develope this game for crossplatform use. I personally think out of all the FPS i have played, and as much whinning and complaining i have read over that, still Graw 2 has produced a better game for the PC mind you. For myself I stummbled over Ghost Recon PC and that is what my experience with FPS has lead me, to compare every FPS to Ghost Recon series of games. I personally am very impressed with Graw 2 functionability, in the multiplayer aspect of this game, TDM, SEIGE although i think seige is a little off from Ghost Recon version I have had and still do have lots of fun playing GRAW 2 online. I would like to point out the graphics and function of this game outstand many newer titles, I don't even half to mention cause i know most of you have compared and see the difference in gameplay and quality of graphics and eye candy in this title. I say this confidiently cause it is so obvious to me. I have always stated that if UBI would have just funded one more title to GRIN to produce GR3 this would have been a jewel, such as Ghost Recon. To me they where getting it, and where right on track. For me if they would have produced the first Ghost Recon maps with the direction they where coming off of with GRAW 2, we would be in such good shape and would be playing this title with in a strong community that we all wished for in the later days of playing Ghost Recon. That being said, I am just confirming the importance of this next title to be produced specifically for PC, or vice versa, console. Two seperate titles. Of course bringing some guys on from GRIN to help produce this next title would be a major plus in my opinion. Respectfully Bill. I also would like to bring out the fact that the sound in Graw 2 was really great. Thanks.

Edited by wildbill

Perspective

Now I have not bought another game from UBI after how R6 Lockdown turned out, but then eventually I broke doun and bought GRAW off the $10 rack when I seen some of the mods. Now I have no doubts that GR4 will be GRAW3, but I have no expectations for it be be more real like Ghost Recon, but Ground Branch will take that place for me.

MODS

*With one of the mods was "clean HUD" and it removed the crosscom, crosshair, clean up and reorganized, then went to different colors and dont look arcade like. it came out to be just your character stance, health, team, ammo, and compass. Nothing else. Now later I thought I get GRAW2, same as GRAW, but I wish I could put the clean HUD on it.

*Now take bits and pieces out of various weapons mods - "Brettzies weapons mod", parts from "Snowfella's mod", etc. Remove the XM8, MRC, M99(replace it with an 82) etc etc except the SCAR's(or make new better looking models) since the 75th uses them now, then add the mod and we got our standard issue weapons that is being used(M16, M4, MK12, MK23, M1911, etc)

*Then take bits and more pieces out of other mods, such as grenade laucher AI from another mod in GRAW, remodel the characters, etc.

GR4

*Woah! Now most of the work is already done since its in like 6 different mods or so. Combine these into one mod for GRAW and GRAW2 and combine with the GRAW engine with the sliding, diving, tiptoe, etc and we have an ideal, more realistic Ghost Recon.

*Also the point and click orders was great when needing to make fast actions in the tight situations. I also enjoy how the sat map looked and fuctioned, also with the GRAW2 engagement modes was great.

*For GRAW, I like how the map layout and structure was done more then in GRAW2, but GRAW2 had the dam, mountain, quarry, and hacienda maps that was a great addition.

*Another thing I like was playing as a single character and not 6 different characters, made more realism BUT I want the hero removed and be more like an normal person then hollywood hero crap!

*As for Old Ghost Recon, the realism of a common one shot kill needs to be brought back, along with a real ballistics system with the environment, civilians running around, and weather effects(rain, snow, wind).

*Multiplayer in GRAW was very good, I like how we could mod our weapons and such and the setup for GRAW. I did not like GRAW2 kit setup what so ever or how multiplayer was done on it. But then the maps could be back ported to GRAW for the same enjoyment but with a better multiplayer.

*As well as no cutscenes, GRAW's first person insert/extracts is perfect!

*NO 3rd person camera and definitely be on PC, even better PC exclusive!

EDIT:

And I must agree with WildBill, I also have compared this with others, and also seen idea's in it that was very impressive, if I ever got the time to pick up on mapping and modeling for a game I was working on, some of these features would be in it to.

Cheers!

But one thing is for sure, we can expect GR4 to be not what we want in the first place, and possibly be GRAW3, if so then most of the work is done already. Now its not difficult for UBI to make me happy if they take the best features from Ghost Recon, GRAW, and GRAW2 and put them together into GR4. Then it would please everyone to have a game thats got a bit of everything from the PC series(I dont care about console and dont play it).

Edited by AnthonyLunkwitz

At this point, I have no fears over GR4 since I have zero expectations.

If they make a good, bestselling game then good for them, with or without a PC version.

My feelings exactly. I gave up expecting good things from Ubi when Raven Shield was released.

Oh it's not that I don't think will be a good and successful game. But I'm looking for a hardcore tactical shooter, and in that regard I don't really have any expectations for this game.

If they make a good, bestselling game then good for them, with or without a PC version.

My feelings exactly. I gave up expecting good things from Ubi when Raven Shield was released.

Oh it's not that I don't think will be a good and successful game. But I'm looking for a hardcore tactical shooter, and in that regard I don't really have any expectations for this game.

Parabellum

I can swallow RVS but lockdown? that's another story

Edited by Sgt. Atoa

Parabellum

I can swallow RVS but lockdown? that's another story

:unsure: Am I the only person on this planet that liked Lockdown? :lol: Though I only played 2 or 3 of the original missions. Took long time to figure out getting missions working, but it was a different story playing a custom mission.

Right, Raven Shield is the last good tactical shooter, if you guys been watching the modding teams, they made major breakthroughs with 1.60 and almost ready to release at least 25 weapons and gear plus new and more realistic uniforms. Also working on complete remakes of the original Rainbow Six and Rogue Spears missions.

Have been keeping an eye on the progress to this, looks interesting.

:)

No fear about GR4 here. Rehashing the original games will always be an option otherwise.

Yeah! Been watching both modding teams and four modders for almost two years on the project and now the hard work paid off. I almost was able to get the Iron Wrath maps back ported to RVS, but I gave up on the project cause I cant get a few things cleared and fixed.

But on the other hand about GR4.... Sad to say, I dont expect much from it, but then I got my GR in modern form with GRAW. Just needs some modding and fixing to correct things in it as mentioned above.

Now this is off topic, but GRAW is GR3 and then RVS is Rainbow Six 3 and both are just perfect for me, third time is a charm. <_<

Tinker - You got to play through the entire missions of Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, and the mission packs, you will be blown away by its beauty!

*The new black uniforms - http://www.rvsgaming.com/modules.php?name=...c&start=135 All the uniforms is being rebuilt.

*Early build for the weapons -

*More weapons added -

*Last but not least, night vision - http://www.rvsgaming.com/modules.php?name=...c&start=120

As far as I can tell, they working on tieing the loose ends up and finish all the iron sights, also they finally got a working grenade launcher in and working on under barrel launchers.

Just go to rvsgaming.com to keep an eye on the mods, also RVS has a very active community still, long live the good old fashion tactical shooters!!!

Edited by AnthonyLunkwitz