ONE thing you would like to see added OR removed

It's just stupid to see a 50 Cal sniper used as an assault rifle.

Is it? I thought it was the norm, what with all those kids running around in L4D using the autoshotgun as an assault rifle. It takes them 3 or more shots to kill enemies with a weapon that is more powerful than the weapon I use to kill them with in one shot. It's not what you do, it's how you do it - I can singleshot kill the enemies with the M16. It's called aiming. :)

Edited by WytchDokta

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kimi, with all dure respect. I don't think you care what we want.

I think that this kind of post, which you have done ahead of past GR games, is for the purpose of generating discussin activity in advance of a release, and not to actually figure out what we want so as to craft the game accordingly.

I think because you are a girl you get a pass. The fact is though, we have been bleating for over five years about what we crave in any GR game and for the most part it gets ignored. We ask for limping (substance) and instead we get every type of useless but cool looking animation 'but' limping (style).

I will not answer what feature I want in the next GR because A:, like tens of thousands of GR1 players i gave up hope a long time ago. and B: I don't even believe that there is any real purpose to this question other than to generate/initiate buzz/anticipation for the next game.

You shouldn't need us to tell you that we want substance over style, playing over posing and grit over graphics. Other games make it look as if you are 'there' GR 1 made us 'feel' as if we were there.

Kimi, with all dure respect. I don't think you care what we want.

I think that this kind of post, which you have done ahead of past GR games, is for the purpose of generating discussin activity in advance of a release, and not to actually figure out what we want so as to craft the game accordingly.

I think because you are a girl you get a pass. The fact is though, we have been bleating for over five years about what we crave in any GR game and for the most part it gets ignored. We ask for limping (substance) and instead we get every type of useless but cool looking animation 'but' limping (style).

I will not answer what feature I want in the next GR because A:, like tens of thousands of GR1 players i gave up hope a long time ago. and B: I don't even believe that there is any real purpose to this question other than to generate/initiate buzz/anticipation for the next game.

You shouldn't need us to tell you that we want substance over style, playing over posing and grit over graphics. Other games make it look as if you are 'there' GR 1 made us 'feel' as if we were there.

He who has the courage to speak out against is my friend. :) There are but few of us left these days, that choose to follow courage and NOT titles.

Edited by WytchDokta

true Poita -

if you knew GR, Kimi, then you wouldn't ask these ridiuclous questions that you have been posting for the last 5 years and have no bearing on the final product.

if you want the info why not try the 'Search' button and you will see how many times this ###### has been posted but to no avail.

Kimi is a community developer who doesnt really even do ANYTHING with the community lol.She has plenty of time to make announcements on Twitter though.Im so close to giving up on future TC games all together.Her title should be Advertising Strategist because she doesnt contribute anything to the community,atleast from my perspective.Feel free to correct me. Ive been on the Ubi forums since right after RvS and things have been gradually getting worse over there,which most of you are aware of.

I'll give you 1 example of RSE listening to the community and applying that feedback into substance.

GRAW 2 got alot of positive feedback about the Embassy remake, they then make 4 DLC packs with over 20 remakes of Classic Ghost Recon makes.

If that is listening to the community then I dont know what is.

And on another note I'm very very confident that GR4 will blow all GR fans away. The devs know the main complaints and wishes of all the GR community.

I highly doubt RSE makes the decisions on what does and does not get released. But an encouraging point in some form I guess. :)

Replying to: ONE thing you would like to see added OR removed

Remove the grass, unless it is in any way effective. Most seem to turn it off in Arma. If it`s not AI freindly, then it`s going to be the same old issue that is in most recent games. Just give more tuffs and bushes. :unsure:

GRAW 2 got alot of positive feedback about the Embassy remake, they then make 4 DLC packs with over 20 remakes of Classic Ghost Recon makes.

sorry but thats just insulting - i really dont give a flying ###### what console gets - Im for pc.

is it there bcoz RSE did it or bcoz it's all about supporting console now?

your optimism is no more then the optimism of all the original GR fans who posted their wish list for years and got screwed for the last 7 or so years. it will wear off over time.

my point to Kimi is she knows the answers already so why ask the same bloody questions again and again?

shes just a puppet on a string

RSE can be partially blamed for GR2 being cancelled but not for GRAW or GRAW 2. They were decisions made by UBISOFT to give out the PC version to GRIN and even have the SP console component done by Ubisoft Paris.

My point is ( and its not meant to be offensive ) is that on their most recent efforts RSE can be judged to considerate to the wishes of the GR community. Now not for one minute am I saying they will do everything we want but they do and have taking things onboard and made the necessary changes. And this will undoubtably happen again for GR4.

And my opitimism isn't blind. I have been one of the loudest critics of the more recent Ghost Recon but I genuinely believe that the corner has been turned and we will see a more realism based game, with great new tech and massive customisation. In fact I expect GR 4 to be another 10 year lasting classic.

Just consider this one last throw of the dice for all you hardcore GR fans. Get behind RSE and Kimi. What have you got to lose? If the game sucks then slate it and know that GR is dead. If it's a return to greatness then know you played a part in that.

BTW stop slating Kimi. She has a professional job which has rules and procedures. If she's not replying about the new game then she isnt allowed to by Ubi. Im sure she and the other developers are busting their asses to tell us all about the game.

Well you really cant blame anyone for being upset.Most understand that this game is make or break for GR,as well as the next R6.So these are fairly tense times and rightfully so.As far as Kimi goes...well, we can be a little hard on her but the fact is that she doesnt interact with the community like she should.I understand her job calls for more then catering to the community but it doesnt excuse her lack of interaction.People dont want this feeling of insignificance when theyve been part of a game like GR for so long.They could do a lot more as far as the community without giving out info on the game. Its the little things like regularly posting or having polls and conversations like in the past.Stuff that most of us knew would probably never be implemented or even considered but we still participated in the hopes that we would be wrong. PALADIN all I can say about GR4 is that I hope more then anything that youre right.

You know what...... I don't like any of those community managers, I miss the old days when the REAL developers used to interact with the community about the technical aspects of their games, I'm with Lightspeed on this one Kimi is a puppet on UBI's payroll, btw why we need to go to twitter for the big announcement? are Ubi forums not up to their standard? or she can erase more easily any critisism about the game just like the communitity manager

@ Infinity Ward?

Edited by Sgt. Atoa

I all can do is keep itterating the point about GR1. It had something. I dont want to use the word 'soul' but damn it had something. I miss online GR1 so much. It's ridiculous that after all these years nothing has come close to replacing it.

The tension in clan matches and even open mp games was amazing. Periods of two, three or four mintues which felt like hours (in a good way) of silence (apart from the dangerously soothing nature sounds) and stillness followed by totally frantic gun battles. The deep contemplation of chess mixed with the frenectic CS/air hocky action was very satisfying. A real sense that team strategy and communication would make all the difference. Even after many years, getting shot would make me jump violently in my seat and curse.

I don't know what it was that GR1 stumbled onto but it aint been replicated since. The GRAWS had some awesome stuff. The sound was the best in any shooter i've ever played for example, but the GRAW environments were just sterile. GR1 environs were beautiful despite the old graphics. It was the first game i saw swaying trees in. Along with the sound of the wind it created a lovely atmosphere.

I could go on all night. GR1 is a classic in the same way that certain cars or songs or movies are classics. It was way, way, way more than the sum of its parts. That RSE (if they are the same people/culture) are doing GR4 PC is the only slither of hope there is.

Edited by Poita

I havent read all the replies to this thread,so excuse me if this has already been stated.

The one thing that I'd like to see "added"...............which isnt a correct term,because it was there in the 1st GR but removed from the AW series..................is 9 or more player coop.

I won't get into the "remove" part of the question...........except to say ,take out ALL the AW crap that wasnt in GR1...........ie hero character,"your're leaving the battle area" ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect.

And while I'm here,I'll say one last thing.....................dont even think about adding a DRM that requires a constant connection to UBI servers to be able to play,mp OR sp.................that is a sure loss of sale to me,I aint puttin up with that,period!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

If there was one thing I would like to see added to GR:FS it would be more RSE dev team names in the credits.

If there was one thing I would like to see removed from GR:FS it would be less UBI dev team names in the credits.

Edited by Burawura

I can't pick just one thing to remove.

I don't like the tone of the levels.

I don't like Squarejaw Mitchell.

I don't like the sub-steven seagal plots.

I don't like the cross-comm.

I don't like the linear blast-em-up gameplay.

As for what I'd like added, tactical gameplay would be nice.