Ghost Recon Announcement

Kimi

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:seehearspeak:

...Maybe we should all try to be more optimistic about Ghost Recon's next installment...
You, by all means are entitled to post as you see fit- to give the pub/dev the benefit of the doubt, just as others are as they see fit -doubtfully holding the pub/dev collective feet to the fire.

Chronically whining about the whiners is just about as productive as the whiners chronically whining about the product.

It doesn't work.

...As long as we keep the hope for a true Ghost Recon successor alive, there is a reason for the developer to deliver just that...
The simple fact(?) that RSE is slated for development of a next GR installment means absolutely nothing...until such time as they actually chime in as to what the game mechanics will be and style of gameplay they are gunning for, or failing that, until the title actually hits the shelves.

...this is really not a good incentive for them to listen to us now, is it?
That assumes of course that they were ever really interested in what we had to say or willing to change the (pre)direction of a title according to our whims in the first place. All recent evidence (:AW, :AW2 (PC)) would suggest otherwise.

____

Time will tell.

Thx NoQuarter, I was going to address that, but you expressed my thoughts.

This project is either gonna be interesting and playable for us, or, it’s gonna make AW look good. It’s only fair that some members with knowledge based upon experience warn other members of the enormous potential for a crash. I’m one of those who prefer to focus on the 10% chance that we might get something good out of this publisher, but I enjoy reading folks who express their concerns.

Now back to the product... where is the demo ? :)

Again we want a simple-Tactical-FPS with a variety of elements for gameplay.

Is this so hard to do? :wall: (there I go again.........head bashing........ :wacko: )

I guess I will be optimistic (as usual).......... :rolleyes: ...........but realise that maybe the companies in charge just want to make fast dollars and not serious content?

I don't know. Its just that WE have discussed this all so much, for so long, with little results.

It is so hard for them to understand what we would like to see for the next GR?

Eye candy equal to GRAW or Lockdown

Game Mechanics like Ghost Recon and improve as you see fit

Mod support

CO-OP: more than 6 please

Better ballistics...hate when I have to look around for the ammo resupply box in GRAW.....never ran out of ammo with [GR]

Even tought I'm eagerly awaiting for the other game (GB) I would like to see another GR on the PC arena

made by RSE

PS. Ditch the GRAW/Star Ship trooper series

Edited by Sgt. Atoa

Good to hear RSE is back on the job. Besides hoping we can do the constructive thing, I dare say.

Rocky already started that on the forum, so let us add to it as securely and specific as we would want to see in the GR4 game. And, finding willing ears, they may yet listen and apply the communities wishes to what the actual assignment for the game is.

Hop...

Even tought I'm eagerly awaiting for the other game (GB) I would like to see another GR on the PC arena

made by RSE

PS. Ditch the GRAW/Star Ship trooper series

Careful there Sgt.............have you EVER seen those startrooper-chicks? :blush:

Those costumes are GREAT!!!!!! ;) Might be nice idea.................... 0:)

I know it's a big ask given the time that has passed...but I just hope the guys at RSE still remain true to GR and produce something that the original fans will love and recognise as the sequel.

I also hope that they take a stand and say...blue HUDS and red diamonds are out...gone for good.

And finally, I hope that they say enuff desert already....lets go bush.

This disturbs me:

However, as some of our games did not meet the required quality levels to achieve their full potential they need more sales promotions than anticipated.

So instead of trying to increase QUALITY they just throw more money into marketing and/or dropping the price.....

Ubi is now stating that people are misinterpreting this statement and were astonished the people read it for what it states and Ubi Vigil has replied in such:

There's been a recent trend of quoting, and very much misinterpreting, a section in the recent Ubisoft financial statement. Specifically:

"as some of our games did not meet the required quality levels to achieve their full potential they need more sales promotions than anticipated."

This most certainly does not mean, as some have interpreted, that we will be focusing purely on marketing and sales in the future rather than developing great games. Rather, existing unsold game stock from recent titles will receive "sales promotions" which primarily means competitive pricing and potentially other in-store deals. This is an approach much of the games industry is taking given the current financial climate, and certainly something that gamers are benefiting from.

Contrary to how some posters have decided to read this statement, it does not have any impact on games currently in development. The studio teams will be learning from the feedback on their recent games and working hard to make the best games they can.

I hope that clears things up.

No, that does not clear things up.

As I posted over at the Ubi forums:

If the CEO had stated that Ubi plans to drop the prices on said underpreforming games to help sales, one would or could believe that. He specifically choose those words he did use and people did not misinterpret them, much to Ubi's chagrin.

This is what I was saying when you thought I mistook UbiRazz's words about giving SCC more development time over other games. We read exactly what is said and interpret as such.

Ubi has been doing this for years. They say one thing, but when called on it, say they mean something else. If someone from Ubi does not want to be misinterpreted, then they should say what they mean and mean what they say.

Where did Rocky's post go? :blink: Express yourself bro. Don't be afraid to think out loud on your own site :)

That sort of damage control from Ubi kinda confirms my suspicion that the shareholder are reading the boards to find out about their investment... We might pry out a good game out of Ubi after all.

Where did Rocky's post go? :blink: Express yourself bro. Don't be afraid to think out loud on your own site :)

LOL :thumbsup: I'm multitasking here and really can't be bothered getting into this particular debate. Bottom line, the text is badly worded.

We might pry out a good game out of Ubi after all.

I am thinking the game is going to be put together a whole lot better than that statement that's causing all the fuss. :)

just look at it this way: If everyone keeps whining about this, and we already dismiss any chance for this to be the game we all have been waiting for, we set ourselves up to be seen as the ever-negative crowd that simply cannot be pleased, no matter what.

I refuse to allow the blame for the community's negative view to be removed from the true source, Ubisoft, and placed on us. We are not the ever-negative crowd that simply cannot be pleased, we are GR fans dating back to 2001 and we've been increasingly brushed aside and dismissed, time and time again, year after year, and if you include GR2 on the console, which I do, that makes four times Ubisoft has very clearly showed us exactly what our input is worth.

By all means, be optimistic. I applaud that decision, for what else can we do? But never forget with whom the blame lies for the wariness with which we look toward the next so-called Ghost Recon.

Edited by doubletap

Heaven knows I have no particular interest in rooting for Ubisoft, but I don't really read anything into the CEO's words that has to do with the games themselves. I don't see an either-or.

And I'm still taking bets on the next GR being an action shooter console port.

Respectfully

krise madsemn

Honestly I didn't even read that much into their (Ubi's) statement about "sales promotions" when I first read the release. Sure it could be worded differently but it's difficult when you know an entire fan base will nit pick everything that you release in writing.

To me sales promotions means exactly what it says, placing a product on sale (lowered price) for promotional reasons. Now if they would have said "increased advertising" or "marketing" then yeah, I could see the reason for the fuss. At any rate they were talking about previous products and not the current ones so I don't understand the connections that people were trying to make with future releases.

I guess they call them fan(atics) for a reason.

Maybe the statement that some games needed more publicity,or sales promotions, means maybe they have learned something.

Even this community likes to read all the info coming out for future games. Look how often we wanted more info than was coming out? It seemed that there was an info-blackout, especially about PC games. Remember the sudden stop of info concerning GR2? Maybe they understand why we are a little mistrustful. Information generally stops most rumors.

The XBox always had a lot of info about them. Maybe they realise that the PC side needs a lot of promotion as well?

I am no marketing guru, but I know that customers just love to read about upcoming games. (Well, at least I do.)

I think the more we could read, the more we may just want the game.

Hey Rocky, are we betting that the next GR will NOT be a console port? Or that it WILL be a console port?

Just curious before I place my $100 USD wager................ :o

(uh...........thats worth about 10.00 EUROS, right?LOL)

To me sales promotions means exactly what it says, placing a product on sale (lowered price) for promotional reasons. Now if they would have said "increased advertising" or "marketing" then yeah, I could see the reason for the fuss. At any rate they were talking about previous products and not the current ones so I don't understand the connections that people were trying to make with future releases.

Yeah, exactly. This has nothing to do with games development, this is a businessman telling his investors he intends to take steps to move product that didn't meet expectations. There is not really anything confusing about the working, i can't quite understand where this silliness came from.

Hey Rocky, are we betting that the next GR will NOT be a console port? Or that it WILL be a console port?

You're betting that it ill be a "action shooter console port", I'm betting that it will be a "tactical shooter for the PC".

By the time we find out the dollar may have recovered, so maybe we should wager something other than cash! :devil:

You're betting that it ill be a "action shooter console port", I'm betting that it will be a "tactical shooter for the PC".

By the time we find out the dollar may have recovered, so maybe we should wager something other than cash! :devil:

As much fun as it would be to take your money Rocky, it would indeed be a sad day for both of us.

Respectfully

krise madsen

As much fun as it would be to take your money Rocky, it would indeed be a sad day for both of us.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Or it could be the best $100 you ever spent on a game, krise madsen! :)

If we had to wait for the USD to recover................we would be talking about GR14:The Golden Years.......... :D

(I can see it now........as Gen Mitchell , on oxygen-tank, and his optically corrected gogglesw/trifocal assist, watches as the ramp lowers aboard the C130, (arrayed with safety-hand-rails and safety straps and soft-rubber-low impact matting, and soft-glow-ergo lights) is wheeled in his TAC-Anti-Missle-WheelChair towards the yawning expanse of dark sky. He signals he is ready as the attending nurse,Col Susan Grey, puhes with all her effort the General and his Team into the night sky. As he strains to keep his dentures in his mouth, he yells a mighty.........HooRah.............

I understand now.

I too would love a TAC-Shooter-PC. Maybe thats why I have not reloaded many game on my new PC yet. Not too much to capture my interest yet. I don't mind an action-shooter, just that they don't keep my attention very long. The overuse of infinite-respawning-uber-enemies just gets old after a while.

And to me, (and just myself) the price of the game is irrelevant. The content must be what I want in the game.

I have spent a lot of USD on games that are now officially dust collectors editions.

Kimi is a Ubi Community Developer who is on both the GR franchise and FC2.

I think her affiliation is actually with RSE. Could be both, who knows, but I've only seen her post from the RSE side of things since this post:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...c=48356&hl=

Just to clarify (in case any is still needed, and also because I love talking about ME! :P ), I am located at the Red Storm office in North Carolina, and this is my primary affiliation. Since leaving Montreal I still help out with Far Cry 2, but am no longer physically located with the dev team and another community developer is now on point there. You can for sure consider me RSE, at the very least. ;)

Just to clarify (in case any is still needed, and also because I love talking about ME! :P ), I am located at the Red Storm office in North Carolina, and this is my primary affiliation. [...] You can for sure consider me RSE, at the very least. ;)

Thanks for putting that straight, Kimi. BTW - I bet people here at GR.net would love hearing you talking about yourself more often! And who knows - maybe you could "accidentally" drop a little piece of RSE inside information from time to time... ;)

Its good to see you in such close proximity to the RSE developers. Remember to give them a slap if they dont give us a true [GR] sequel lol.

Seconded! :D