Are you interested in GR:AW3?

Are you interested in GR:AW3  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ground Branch looks more promising day by day as there is definitely something missing on the market.

If Ground Branch delivers what it promises, it will be a huge success story.

It will make all the other gaming companies wish that they would have listened to the tactical gaming community.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...GRAW2 for the PC sets the standards for tactical first person shooters. GRAW2 is the standard. GRAW2 is a man’s game. Games like COD4, Crysis, HL2, UT3 and GRAW2 on the Xbox 360 are for little ‘boys and girls’. They are fun to play but lack substance. Hardcore gamers play GRAW2 on the PC.

So, LINEAR = TACTICAL? Because there was VERY little room for improvisation in GRAW2, as was the case with GRAW, and the script left me shaking my head. I get more replay value out of the very one-dimensional F.E.A.R. right now...

I would expect improvements in the implementation of military tactics in GRAW3, I would expect superior graphics and sound, more interaction with the environment, superior artificial intelligence, superior physics, more real world weapons, multiplayer designed for hardcore gamers and perhaps the use of voice command.

I would have expected GRAW2 to be the same to GRAW, and for that matter I'd have expected GRAW to have been an improvement over [GR]. Rather, the series has been marching in reverse. Gets worse with each episode. Above, someone mentioned a Mario Brothers shooter- I should wonder how far that is from the truth, with GRIN supposedly bailing out. Maybe Nintendo will develop the next episode for the Ubisoft/TomClancy cash cow. It would feel about as relevant and realistic as either GRAW has...

I have no doubt that GRAW3 will be superior to GRAW2. But at this moment in time GRAW2 for the PC is the best tactical-action shooter on the planet, period. :brucelee:

I take it your job doesn't require random urinalysis testing...

Bring back more than 4 people with [GR] modes, make it so people can choose between ACUs, ABUs, DCUs, MARPAT(desert, woodland, and urban patterns) and Multicam, bring back all the old rifles and keep the new ones.

And I also noticed in this game, the soldiers were fielding ACUs instead of multicam. A lot of people favor multicam cause it is efficient but I really love the ACUs and for the environments listen in GRAW 2, I thought it was the perfect uniform.

Dude, where did I say that? I said I think it would be good to have to be able to customize your characters' skins to give people other options cause I know not everybody likes the ACUs but I've constantly said that I like the ACUs so whatever. I just lmao thanx, dude.

Here are 2 posts where you do ask for different uniforms to be included in game. Sure it is so those who do not like the current US Army uniform can use something else instead, but it is still a US Army unit and last I looked, the Army all wear the same uniform. This isn't a game set in Vietnam where the SF or SOG wore tigerstripes, it is set in the future and they wear the current uniform. Whoever develops the game, should focus on the uniform that is currently in use and leave anything else up to modders. If someone wants to make a Marine Force Recon mod and dress them in MARPAT, fine, no problem. If they want to make a mercenary mod and dress them in Multicam, that is fine too. The Ghosts should wear what is issued to them.

.... and seem to be "So Appealing" to the inexperienced so called "gamers" on console systems (They have little to no PC gaming experience so poor quality to them is like impossibly amazing!) and the ports to the PC were not much more than a desperate attempt to say "PC people, we haven't forgotten about you... completely yet."

Man, for a second there I thought you were going to say something stereotypical about console gamers.

<_<

a standalone sequel/prequel to DooM or F.E.A.R

Both of which are currently under production, although details on the first one are very scarce.

(OK so we've already the new FEAR expansion (Perseus Mandate), but I'm talking about Project Origin, the real FEAR 2). Neither of them will be as scary as the upcoming SAW game though.

To the oddball from Afghanistan who calls himself RAbbi_74:

You can carry on playing the games you like and I will carry on playing the games I like. If you honestly think that there are superior tactical-action games on the market than GRAW2 for the PC then that is your problem not mine.

GRAW2 isn’t perfect but is damn better than anything else on the market!

:starwars:

Ground Branch looks more promising day by day as there is definitely something missing on the market.

If Ground Branch delivers what it promises, it will be a huge success story.

It will make all the other gaming companies wish that they would have listened to the tactical gaming community.

Agreed. My secret hope is that Ground Branch is SO successful that UBI recognizes their error in dragging GR franchise into the direction of BF2, etc and [GR:FS] is a return to tactical-sim. :) Hey, a guy can dream, right?

In all seriousness, if there IS a future for a true tac-sim, it will be Ground Branch, period. I'm not saying a GRAW3 won't be a success.. plenty of people will buy it... but IMHO it won't be a tac-sim, it will be a successful FPS. I'm interested in tac-sim and THAT is where my money will be headed.

ALSO - Rabbi... Nice line about urinalysis.. You drugged up silly monkey! :D:thumbsup: Hope all is well with you, fella...

-John K.

Change the questions on this survey!

It should be:

Yes

Maybe

No

After the voter has voted he then has the freedom to justify his viewpoint in this forum.

The survey at the moment is unprofessionally biased!

:nono:

I don't think there was ever a claim that the survey was scientific in any way, shape or form. It's an informal "temperature check" within the community, nothing more, nothing less. We're on a forum supporting a specific tac-sim game... I think "bias" is assumed. :)

-John K.

"... I think "bias" is assumed. "

People may be biased towards certain types of games but it does not follow that the questions on this survey should be biased!

Is there a tactical-action game on the market that is superior to GRAW2 for the PC?

If yes what is it????????

:hmm:

Edited by deco147

Thank you for the advice, but I will respectfully decline.

Nothing to get emotional or concerned about, it wasn't meant to steer a response, just alittle good-natured ribbing. The poll was intended, as Kretzj put it, "informal" and not as you appear to think it should be, "professional".

Participation in the poll (or the thread) is not mandatory. Let it drop. :thumbsup:

Is there a tactical-action game on the market that is superior to GRAW2 for the PC?
Yep.

GR/DS/IT is still in circulation.

____

BTW: Rabbi might be off the reservation, but he's no oddball.

Thank you for the advice, but I will respectfully decline.

Nothing to get emotional or concerned about, it wasn't meant to steer a response, just alittle good-natured ribbing. The poll was intended, as Kretzj put it, "informal" and not as you appear to think it should be, "professional".

Participation in the poll (or the thread) is not mandatory. Let it drop. :thumbsup:

Yep.

GR/DS/IT is still in circulation.

____

BTW: Rabbi might be off the reservation, but he's no oddball.

I thought you guys were obsessed with professionalism and realism? Or is that just for the games you play?

Ok, I let it drop. :thumbsup:

Maybe the Rabbi from Afghanistan is not an oddball. Then again maybe he is. (Just Joking!) :lol:

You honestly think GR/DS/IT is a superior tactical-action first person shooter then GRAW2 for the PC? WHY?

Edited by deco147

This poll is a very good idea and needs doing, the results need seeing by interested parties.

It certainly does not need some of the replies it is getting.

To argue why you feel such a way will only lose the point of the poll this can be done in another thread.

Its best left to a simple answer and let the result speak for the community.

GRAW2 isn’t perfect but is damn better than anything else on the market!

:starwars:

Nice. How about, Ghost Recon? You know, the six year-old game that's getting more online play to this day than GRAW or GRAW2 ever did. Yeah, THAT Ghost Recon. Peel off the eye-candy, and it's a FAR superior game...

People may be biased towards certain types of games but it does not follow that the questions on this survey should be biased!

For my money, [Ghost Recon] + IT + DS are STILL installed on my game machine, whereas GRAW 1 and 2 are not. That's just my $.02.

-JK

This is why you cannot see the difference. You appear to like action games compared to what some prefer in a Tac-Sim and maybe Tac-Action is the right name for the GR franchise with the development of GR2 (for XBox) and the GRAW series. GR is a Tac-Sim and has a different feel altogether. There are many answers to your question in this thread and others in this forum along with in the Ghost Recon forum.

The GRAW series for the PC is a new breed of game. The GRAW series was designed for the tactical-action gaming community not the ‘tactical-simulation’ gamming community.

The ‘tac-sim’ community do not care for GRAW3. The tactical-action gamming community want GRAW3!

Incidentally, what were the sales for GRAW 1 and 2 on the PC? What were the sales of the [Ghost Recon] game on the PC?

Incidentally, what were the sales for GRAW 1 and 2 on the PC? What were the sales of the [Ghost Recon] game on the PC?

GR sold millions of copies and is still selling to this date, 6 years after it's release. GRAW and GRAW2 will not be selling that many copies or for that long.

GR sold millions of copies and is still selling to this date, 6 years after it's release. GRAW and GRAW2 will not be selling that many copies or for that long.

WK77, you and I discussing this with the new crowd is like trying to get the WWII veterans to get the younger generations to understand what war is really like except, we're talking about GRAW/GRAW2 and it's grandfather [GR].

Getting back on topic:

No I wouldn't buy a GRAW 3 that is "same everything", because unlike [GR], GRAW weren't the kind of games I like:

I want non-linear maps and missions: GRAW was linear with spawn-when-you-enter-trigger-zone AI.

I want authenticity. AW gear is fine, but it has to actually work: GRAW was standard FPS features with AW window dressing.

I want authentic weapons: GRAW had "balanced" weapons.

I want realistic mobility: GRAW had man-stopping 2 foot tall obstacles.

I want a "team-feeling" in SP with flexible teams and soul-switching: GRAW had a hero character.

I want flexible, customizeable co-op, [GR] style: GRAW had restricted co-op sorta slapped on as an afterthought.

I want a mission-oriented game where the mission is in: GRAW had a Hollywood story and in-game cutscenes.

I want lots of mods: GRAW was not mod-friendly.

But most of all, I simply don't trust those responsible for GRAW to create the kind of game that GR1 was:

Rather than port the console version, Ubi hired GRIN to make a distinctive PC version of GRAW. Yet we got the hero character, Hollywood story and linear gameplay of the console version, and less content to boot. Unless the pricetag of the PC version was actually less than a simple port would have been, this was just plain incompetent. And a worse game to boot.

GRIN and its Diesel engine might be able to create a GR1 style tac-sim. Might. There is ample evidence that GRIN is a competent developer (GRAW has lots of well-made features), and one able and willing to listen to constructive feedback from the gaming community. But then there is stuff like bots firing at me from beyond draw distance, AI spawing in plain sight and bulletproof tents. This doesn't exactly bolster any confidence in their ability to tackle a true tac-sim (which GRAW isn't), arguably the most difficult FPS sub-genre there is. A lot have been said of the Diesel engine as well, but that is way beyond my knowledge so I won't comment on that.

In short, GRAW wasn't what I wanted and I quite frankly don't trust them to fix it, so no GRAW3 for me.

Respectfully

krise madsen

I think I herd 800000 for GRAW1 PC just before the summer. But don't quote me on that because I don't remember for sure.

Haven't seen or herd anything about the GRAW2 sales yet.

The GRAW series for the PC is a new breed of game. The GRAW series was designed for the tactical-action gaming community not the ‘tactical-simulation’ gamming community.

GRAW is not the series, the series is GHOST RECON, despite there being so little of the core game in any of the sequels. <_< Advanced Warfighter is a sequel in the Ghost Recon series, and new players seem to need that fact brought to their attention. I refuse to sit silently by and let the general shooter crowd redefine my hobby.

The "tac-sim community" do not care for GRAW3. The tactical-action gamming community want GRAW3!

The tac sim community you refer to is what we call the ghost recon community. Maybe you've heard of us? Welcome aboard.

I want authenticity. AW gear is fine, but it has to actually work: GRAW was standard FPS features with AW window dressing.

AW gear is not fine with me. I have absolutely no interest in what "future warriors" will be using, all of my interest lies in what our special forces use right now. That's what started me playing GR, that's the only thing that will keep me playing GR.

For one thing, the narcom and crosscom seems to inherantly turn the game into some large scale epic conflict, and the basic foundation of the entire GR concept is small unit covert missions.

Edited by doubletap

I think I herd 800000 for GRAW1 PC just before the summer. But don't quote me on that because I don't remember for sure.

800.000 copies of GRAW1 multiplied by the cost of the game =$$$$.

And we still can’t get a patch !!!!