Bionic Commando Revived

WITCHER

Here the first news. :)

'Bionic Commando' (PS3/X360/PC) Revived

Originally released in 1988 on the 8-bit machines, Bionic Commando hasn't been heard of since the '99 GBA edition, but that's about to change as Capcom is reviving the franchise. Nathan Spencer, our bionic hero, has been framed by his superiors and is on death row as a new terrorist group BioRain destroys Ascension City with an experimental weapon. Armed with his grappling arm, Spencer is the only one who can infiltrate the city and find out what's going on. The title is being developed by GRIN, known for Ubisoft's Ghost Recon.

http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=46...r=0&thold=0

Can't wait. w00t

[Moved to correct forum]

Edited by Pave Low

"To help the game live up to its pedigree, Capcom has made development of the game an international affair. An American producer, a Japanese creative advisor, and Stockholm, Sweden-based studio GRIN will be collaborating on the project. GRIN's most recent projects have included the PC conversions of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and its sequel."

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6181070.html

[Merged with existing thread (please check before posting) in the correct forum]

Edited by Pave Low

Good luck with future games!

Thanks for your efforts with GRAW 1 and 2, even if UBI obviously did not give you enough headroom and time for the MP parts of the game...

Cheers!

PS. yea... if you, can please lobby with the UBI reps for a final patch and content for GRAW 2. :P

PPS. Desmond22 (if he is still around?) the sound in the GRAW series still ROCKS!

Awesome trailer!

Has this "spiderman" look and feel although the town is in pieces.

The levels look amazing and the soundtrack brings out this "comicbook"-feel to it, which is the exactly the genre it should be placed in.

I have my doubts about replayability though, unless you like going on forever and ever trying to break your own highscore.

Great catch Grin.

Awesome trailer!

Has this "spiderman" look and feel although the town is in pieces.

The levels look amazing and the soundtrack brings out this "comicbook"-feel to it, which is the exactly the genre it should be placed in.

I have my doubts about replayability though, unless you like going on forever and ever trying to break your own highscore.

Great catch Grin.

Thanx.

Replayability is really not a big thing in any action adventure type game. Look at the GTA series, Prince of Persia series or Devil May Cry series, which are all this type of games and none of them has much replay value once you finished them. Not really, although it can be fun to play around with the cars in GTA, I wouldn't play any of the games all over again within a few years after finishing it.

I would say thought that BC is about half done right now. Not really alpha quality yet as we don't have all different settings and levels playable. But there is no release date set for it yet either, so... things will of course still change a lot even in the game mechanics before it's done.

• 1 month later...