Is it any good.......?

I don't want to seem like I am taking the pi** or anything...but errr............can someone who knows tell me.......am I wasting my time buying GRAW2. GRAW was off the mark by a good distance and no amount of patching and coming back to play it again and convince my self would do any good. Then it bombed on my system for good and would never run right..........(the cherry on the cake.... man).

I used to keep dreaming of ghost recon 2 and then I wake up in covered in sweat to see GRAW still on my PC shelf.........ah its was only a dream...............back to Medieval total war 2...........(its safe).

No wading through virtual swamps.........no Georgian rebels,..........nope'........just a nightmare and a long distant memory scattered with a taste of what could have been........... ('love ya UBI.....come back redstorm.........:)).

Will I be joining the disgruntled ranks of old school fools who live in the past and rant about the good ol days...............?

Just wondered.....cheers................ (genuinely I want to know by the way).

Look, looking past all its downfalls, GRAW 2 is a great game. I mean, you know how in Counter Strike or whatever it's OK to have 20 kills? In GRAW 2 I find myself advancing slowly, stopping when I hear gunfire, stopping if I hear footsteps that are not my own, and peeking, and doing a lot of things [GR] forced you to do. I don't even do that fancy dive stuff because it makes so much noise!

I am not a great player, but I do enjoy sweating it out with another player, even if I die in the end.

If you're looking for swamps: No. Not yet.

If you're looking for Georgian rebels: No. Not yet.

If you're looking for the same visual and sound quality [GR] provided in it's time: Yes. It's matched.

If you're looking for the same level of tactics [GR] provided: No. Not to the full extent. Single player restricts you far too much. Such as not letting you leave a specified area while the rest of the city gets "unlocked," or not letting you use the satellite past a certain range. So, say you split your team to take an objective and you lone wolf to another one... there's a point where you can't because the satellite image reaches a limit. It's a huge downfall. Multiplayer is a little different though. Despite the fact that the game still lends itself to a little bit of run and gun, thanks to the grenade launcher, more often than not players who take it slowly and are smart will survive.

I've gone rounds where I only get 2, maybe 3 kills, and all I did was move up slowly. Hold a choke point for a few.

Whatever. It comes down to preference anyways.

Just download the demo.

Edited by Lethal.Ambition

storm, do the demo, it will give you a good feel for the gameplay, the graphics--it's a large download. Personally, I like it, though it was lacking in sp gameplay modes and the campaign was a bit short. If I were you, wait to see what success modders have now that tools are out and just mess with the demo for now.

:hmm:

I played over 100 hours of GRAW (mainly beta testing) Never really liked it much overall. :unsure:

GRAW2 is nothing like it, nowere near an expansion pk. I love GR1, but this has that old feeling about it, once you start playing it the same way as GR1. Hopefully in a few weeks we will have the modders pushing out some good stuff for all sides as well. I`m only a co-op player though really, any T v T game can be tactical if you want it to be.

I don`t think the Demo is convincing IMHO.

As Forrester has said, check the modding section out. It`s all going on.

:)

:hmm:

I played over 100 hours of GRAW (mainly beta testing) Never really liked it much overall. :unsure:

Over 700 hours and counting. Mainly due to the fact that there isn't much else out there that gives us the co-op experience we a re looking for.

I`m only a co-op player though really, any T v T game can be tactical if you want it to be.

We play pretty much nothing but co-op. In that sense GRAW2 is sadly lacking until the modders and map makers get some content going.

I don`t think the Demo is convincing IMHO.
It wasn't. 2 game types and 2 or 3 maps. Both death-match based.

Nothing about co-op. Left us wanting. A number of us bought it anyway. It sits on our hard drives unused at the moment.

As Forrester has said, check the modding section out. It`s all going on.

I guess we will see, won't we.

Will I be joining the disgruntled ranks of old school fools who live in the past and rant about the good ol days...............?

Just wondered.....cheers................ (genuinely I want to know by the way).

There's a whole heap of threads with feedback about the game below yours. You could try reading those.

Thanks for the feedback, not that I can't be arsed reading other threads (and yes I am sure there are thousands) but I was hoping for some 'real time' responses and a quick summary.

I will check out the demo for sure...........appreciate the responses, cheers guys.

Rabbai has written his opions about the full game somewhere and I'm grateful he's put his opinion on, cos I've been waitin ages for it <_<

Well obviously i'm not gonna base my purchase on one persons opinion, but many people seem to have said similar things if you look through the threads. Quite a few people think its not a fully new game and is more like what GRAW should've been like in the first place. I'm not gonna bother ranting on or anything, it's just not worth bothering any more :rolleyes:

Buy it if you're not bothered about "the direction in which the ghost recon series is going", or if you enjoyed the demo so much you just have to have the full game. I haven't got it yet, i'm trusting my instincts. I enjoyed the GRAW1 demo, got the full game and then just got frustrated with it, didn't even finish it. Its still a decent game, but I dont want to go through that experience again. When I pay full price for a game in the week its released I still expect stuff to be coming out for it after a year or two. If I pick it up out the 2 for £15 or buy one get one free then i'm not too bothered.

Ooops i'm goin off on one... Take a risk, buy it. Then come back here and tell me what you thought. :P

Im with Tinker - this game is no GRAW - is in fact much closer to [GR] then many ppl seem to realize.

Yes it still needs a bit of work...but with more maps, more missions, and a bit of tweaking it is a worthy successor to [GR].

I would like to see some bigger changes in GRAW3 - definitely moving away from the desert and exploiting forest and jungle type or what Id really like is another Eastern European Campaign like [GR]. The few vegetative environments in GRAW2 look really nice and the island map is stunning.

Id like to see friendly AI do exactly what theyre told - no free roaming or path choices.

The SP Campaign is not as exciting as some of the [GR] but new missions can change that.

The MP gets repetitive but personally ive always found running around on the same map 1000 times f'n boring anyway. This MP should be geared towards some good league matching and Im sure they are at present.

Funny thing is, most of the ppl bitching and moaning about GRAW2 are the same ppl who arent playing [GR] anymore. Theyre just bitching and moaning.

Yes it still needs a bit of work...but with more maps, more missions, and a bit of tweaking it is a worthy successor to [GR].

Id like to see friendly AI do exactly what theyre told - no free roaming or path choices.

The SP Campaign is not as exciting as some of the [GR] but new missions can change that.

The MP gets repetitive but personally ive always found running around on the same map 1000 times f'n boring anyway. This MP should be geared towards some good league matching and Im sure they are at present.

Funny thing is, most of the ppl bitching and moaning about GRAW2 are the same ppl who arent playing [GR] anymore. Theyre just bitching and moaning.

Agreed.

Im with Tinker - this game is no GRAW - is in fact much closer to [GR] then many ppl seem to realize.

I would like to see some bigger changes in GRAW3 - definitely moving away from the desert and exploiting forest and jungle type or what Id really like is another Eastern European Campaign like [GR]. The few vegetative environments in GRAW2 look really nice and the island map is stunning.

yes

I really enjoy GRAW2 and have no regrets purchacing it. The single player was a little short and linear but still a lot of fun IMHO. As mentioned by many others, it's much closer to the [GR] style than GRAW1 was (although I liked GRAW1 once I forced myself think of it as a totally different game then ORG and not its successor!)

Also I am SOOO excited about the mod tools that were recently made available to the awesome modders that frequent this forum! If we get even a fraction of the content that are available for [GR] for GRAW2 then I think we have a winner in GRAW2..

I really enjoy GRAW2 and have no regrets purchacing it. The single player was a little short and linear but still a lot of fun IMHO. As mentioned by many others, it's much closer to the [GR] style than GRAW1 was (although I liked GRAW1 once I forced myself think of it as a totally different game then ORG and not its successor!)

Also I am SOOO excited about the mod tools that were recently made available to the awesome modders that frequent this forum! If we get even a fraction of the content that are available for [GR] for GRAW2 then I think we have a winner in GRAW2..

I'm with Bender on this, all the way!

@ OP-

I can't speak for MP, not really even COOP, but I hear it's great. To say the least, quite a few teams that wouldn't touch GRAW MP are headed for the ladders with GRAW2.

SP? It's about what you're looking for. On it's own, it's not a bad game and might be worth the buy. Judged against the first two words in it's title, I'd recommend you save your money.

If you liked GRAW SP, you'll love GRAW2 SP. If you were unimpressed with GRAW SP, spend the $50 on your significant other (or on finding a significant other) and rest assured you're not missing anything.