Campaign coop server "cannot establish connection"

not sure where this goes but after i installed patch 1.03 i try to creat an online coop server and when i load the map it comes back saying cannot establish connection to server this had better be fixed or this is THE last ubi game im buying!!!!

I don't know if this will help but I increased my virtual memory to 2 mg min

and now it works, I can setup a co-op server ...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the best option as always make sure as has been said in this thread already make sure your system is as good as it can be and completly upto date re drivers etc.

I don't understand why my system was as good as it can be and completely up-to-date with drivers while I was running GRAW2 v1.02 but now, after I patched it to 1.03 my system's no longer that good and my drivers no longer up-to-date... damn, that patch did a lot of things !

Why not simply admit that Grin broke something regarding the coop campaign hosting and start working on a fix. I've been able to join a TDM without problem... but we're no longer able to host a coop campaign !

omg hansnt any1 else gotten this problem????

Apparently not. I haven't seen it either and have no idea.

Posted Tue August 14 2007 18:54

So how many weeks do us co-oppers have to wait for the fix to fix the patch that was suppose to fix the problems with the $50 game (GRAW2) that is sooo much better than GRAW 1 that's still glitchy? I belong to a co-op Klan that can't host any maps. I don't think I should have to drop my firewall to play the game. I am not a Computer geek so I don't have the slightest idea. How about a fix for your fix

And tell us why we don't see any online campaing then? We see cooperative, but rarely and very rarely coop campaign server, so don't tell me that no players like to play cooperative campaign. Just went to GRAW 2 Online, and no Coop Campaign were on. Stange isnt it? There is definitely a huge problem with the patch. Something is wrong with GRIN then, don't you think a patch is suppose to patch the game itself, so why do we need a patch now to patch the patch 1.03. You guy's at GRIN need to wake up. Why so many gamers would complain about this damm patch, and the problems we encounter with the Cooperative Online Campaign? for fun? I guess not, so whats your problem then GRIN?

We made you UBI what you are now, we the players made you a multi millionaire company, so why do you treat the gamers like thats? And this goes also for GRIN. Don't you have any respect for the players around the world that made you what you are today, a very successful gaming company.

Imagine and imagine real seriously, what would happen to you at UBI, when no more players would buy your game, imagine, your company would go dead. Don't you think? Remember the first day that UBI came to life, it started from and idea, then a game came out, then the players bought the game, and years has passed by, and................... you know the rest of the story. A multi milionaire company was born in the name of UBI.

Because of who? because of us players from all around the world, buying your bug over bug games. Because of what? money, to save damm money. Because even if you don't say it, it all comes to money, well it always come from money issues. To save and save money over us the players buying and making you rich, what a shame to you UBI, Shame seriously on you. :devil:

So, if I put it up this way, without any players buying your game, you wouldn't exist, so show us all of us around the world buying your very bug games some RESPECT, and work on the game, to solve the multitude of problems. Don't blame us the players buying your game, for your lack of respect, and the problem with this game, cause what you are today we made you. Always remember this, WE THE PLAYERS MADE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TODAY, without any of us, you wouldn't exist, well if you were remembering, you wouldnt treat us like you are now.

So solve your damm problems GRIN, and UBI, and act like so call professionnal, like you should be. Stop fiding excuse and find some answers, to solve your problems with your buggy game.

Edited by LegionnaireDan

Ok there has got to be something to this despite the hurt feelings that is not the issue at hand. It is plan and simple that before the patch I was able to host the demo and the full version. However, as of tonight out of 20 tries I got a server up 3 times. Otherwise I got the error " unable to connect to server" followed by an unknown error has occurred restart your program" I got this same error message in Lan campaign, online campaign and online server. Look I know the folks at Grin have worked long and hard at this and when I have been able to play I liked what I saw. However that being said something is amiss. I use CC cleaner on a regular basis, ant spy ware, antivirus, not to mention a registry cleaner. I made sure all my drivers were updated before instaling the game. Therefore I'm at a lose. I run a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe MB, AMD 4400 64x2 ,2 gig Kingston Hyper X ram, 7900 EVGA video card w512 ram, 620 W Enermax Liberty PS, 160Segate HD and Sony optical drives.

Also Im running Windows XP, through a DSL Modem with a 5 MB connection.

I can understand the frustation on both sides, but slamming each other is not going to solve the problem. We need solutions. Thanks

Edited by *FW*Casper

Bit more info.

On Monday 4 of our clan downloaded the patch and played Online coop. Ran perfectly. We played 4-5 campaign coop maps. Even the heli landed, although only just, at the end of mission 2. Since yesterday we haven't been able to load up a campaign coop except the 1,2,7 maps. This morning I cant host anything but DM mode. It seems to be degrading as time goes on. I have never seen a patch do this and I am beginning to wonder if it is the patch or something to do with GameSpy. I don't know how GameSpy works but I know I have to keep login back in to it every time I get this error as it kicks me out. I have a screen shot of the error message if you need it.

Since the patch I have made new rules for my firewall to allow it. I can join games but not host them, except DM now.

I have tried to host a single map, 2 maps and all together. My modem does the same with each. Send and receive lights flicker for 25 seconds, then receive pulses while the map load screen is on screen, about 1 1/2 minutes then a flurry of Ethernet, send, receive lights for 3 seconds then the error. Then I have to log back in to GameSpy to see the server list again.

Hope this helps some how....

Jack

Edited by ARUJackal

Ok so today i have the problem :unsure: but i can load 1 Mission at a time but after a mission it will not reload the map until i have quite the game, restarted the game, de-selected the mission i want to play and then Re-select it :huh: only then am i able to set up a MP coop campaing server.

ok so i wasnt seeing things last night. Talk about bad timing. Here I was trying to get a few of my gaming groups core members to give GRAW2 a try, after the utter dismay GRAW1 caused us, and I run smack into this ONLINE CAMPAIGN COOP bug. Needless to say, you dont get to make a 1st impression very often. I hope I can un-do the damage within my gaming group and have them give GRAW2 a chance.

Funny you should say that Buffalo. Our group started playing the original GR many years ago and we waited for GRAW 1 with great anticipation. I played the demo and never got any futher than that. So when GRAW 2 came out I gave it another chance. I was impressed and have talked it up so I have got some of the group to buy the game ther are some that are still not convinced. As you say the first impression is important.

FYI we are aware of this bug, managed to reproduce it and trying to figure out asap what it is and how to fix it. We will keep you updated on this one.

:thumbsup:

As they say in New York city ....

Now Dats a ting a booty......

(For those who can't read new york dialect, this means "Now thats a thing of beauty)

What more can any one expect from a developer when a bug is found?

Bugs are not a sign of lacking integrity. They are a sign of the complexity of moodern software and limited resources.

To me, this post is integrity. Please grasp that angry people ......

Edited by Sleepdoc

This is now old hat, but just to add to the number of people having the problem here is yet another sad story.

First, when I first downloaded the patch I had no problem setting up a campaign coop server...any map.

The next day, when I got on with my friends I could no longer host other than map 1.

The next real suprise was I was now having a problem hosting even the regular coop game. That is now an off-and-on issue.

With the campaign coop game I get the same message everyone else does...cannot connect, etc. And then I'm asked to sign-in again.

There were six of us on the other night taking turns trying to set up a campaign coop server. One person could set up any map...but no one could see his server. One other person had the same result. The other 4 people could not set up a campaign coop server...other than map 1.

So, the proplem is hitting a very large number of people, at least those of us who bought the game purly for the coop side of the game.

My computer, by the way, is a new (4 month old) Alienware.

Glad to see the producer of the game jumping on this issue. I thought we were all going nuts.

Edited by SOF_WOLFF

BTW the wrong side of the "globe" like everything is a matter of perspective.

Yes it is. But when it comes to getting official answers or responses on a game it's always the side where the publisher or developer is located. And that's what I was referring too. Expect answers between 08:30 and 17:30 CET (GMT +1) in other words (Grins working hours). Besides me being a random poster from home from time to time.

I shouldn't do this but I have had my thinking hat on today. Please excuse the smoky ears....

I know how some anti cheating software works by comparing the files within our PC and with the files that are 'correct' on a data base, or thats what I have come to believe anyway. So its kind off a cheater firewall.

I know that within the game I have been disconnected for "tampered files", which I believe was a bug, as my files are straight from the game disk and not edited in any way. So if GameSpy can get that wrong could it be get the updated file comparison wrong as well and therefor stop us from running a server?

As I said smoky ears and smoldering hair over this problem.... But this degrading really doesn't feel right.... If it was the patch then why work one day then sometimes the next day and then not at all on the next?! Peculiar indeed.

Could GameSpy stop you serving if your files are out of sync with theirs?

Jack

P.S

I am a big fan of any cheat stopping software. Only mugs cheat!

Edited by ARUJackal

BTW the wrong side of the "globe" like everything is a matter of perspective.

Yes it is. But when it comes to getting official answers or responses on a game it's always the side where the publisher or developer is located. And that's what I was referring too. Expect answers between 08:30 and 17:30 CET (GMT +1) in other words (Grins working hours). Besides me being a random poster from home from time to time.

LOL, that was not meant to be malicious. I understand you have working hours. I posted last night because that's when I first encountered the problem while the issues I ran into were fresh in this Old Feeble Mind. As for the answers I'm sure that they will be forthcoming. My comment that we needed solutions pointed to the arguing over if this was a computer or software problem. Which if continued was not constructive.

Funny you should say that Buffalo. Our group started playing the original GR many years ago and we waited for GRAW 1 with great anticipation. I played the demo and never got any further than that. So when GRAW 2 came out I gave it another chance. I was impressed and have talked it up so I have got some of the group to buy the game ther are some that are still not convinced. As you say the first impression is important.

I am one of the guys in Buffs group and ya we actually started with the [Ghost Recon] including one of the guys making some amazing map/weapons packs for us. Then ya along came graw and we tried and it just was not there. Trying the GRAW2, picked it up yesterday and end up with this o so fun issue. Not great impressions.

I have looked at the tec posts and there is about nine of you here and 5 at Ubisoft = 14.

So tonight there are about 460 people on the servers, so I say again if was a real problem it would effect all players.

FYI we are aware of this bug, managed to reproduce it and trying to figure out asap what it is and how to fix it. We will keep you updated on this one.

Now isn't that something? A guy comes in here basically saying there is no real problem, then a guy from GRIN acknowledges that there is one.

Too funny if you ask me.

Even more, according to Colin it's not a real problem unless it affects all players. Ooops, I guess it does now that GRIN found it.

Rav :ph34r:

My friend and I just downloaded the patch through the games auto-download feature then both of us tried to host/play an online campaign server. Both of us received the cannot connect to server error. Oh and we both run Windows XP sp2, not Vista.