Patch 1.03 Released

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hud transparency only through xml? Why not make it adjustable through the options? Or did I miss it somehow?

Too many variations to put into options in a simple way. XML version gives more alternatives for the players. I wasn't involved in that implementation or decisions, but I think it's the right way to do it.

at the moment 23 people playing in XE tdm, 15 got kicked for altered files... new bug? If there are grinners online get in the server and see for yourselves... hope you can fix it soon

:thumbsup:

What's your up bandwidth?

mine is 1 gig up 4 down, but i don't know the servers, cause it is extreme eagles (I'm KFORF member)

I just played for around 30-45 minutes and I already got an error. I got killed then when I re-spawned I had no gun and only saw my hands. As soon as I pulled the trigger the game crashed and I was sent to my desktop. If there is a quick patch released please include something that will make the sniper rifle have some recoil or even move while you are aiming down the scope... :wall:

The fix for updating of the server list is great! Now, you can refesh the server list as fast as you can click it with your mouse :) No more wild pings. You can scroll down the server list as you are refreshing at the same time.

A very nice fix in the latest patch :)

Oh forgot to add. When I was hosting before the latest patch, I had to go into my firewall (Black Ice Defender) and open all the necessary ports so that folks can join the server. Today, as a test, I DID NOT need to open any game port, all that was needed was a setting down one notch on the firewall. This is a good thing, I was concerned about security with manually opening the 14 different game ports to host GRAW2. I am also behind a Linksys router.

This may help those that were having problems with seeing a specific server. It seems the newest patch helped in this area.

Edited by GanG_Jane

I take it that the sound blaster audigy 2 detection problem is still present as it wasn't listed in the release notes. Can anyone confirm this?

Nevermind, apparently it was fixed and I am now able to select my audigy 2. Thanks GRIN. Now the game works perfectly on my rig. :thumbsup:

Indeed,the Audigy2 issue is fixed. Thnx a lot GRIN for this patch :D

Edited by john2gr

Crash in application version: 30553.2792

data\lib\managers\briefingmanager.dsf(-1): Operator <void> - <number> does not exist!

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\briefingmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\genericstatemanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\genericstatemanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecampaign.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

patch 1.03, spawned without any weapons, but hands in position for gun. Went to mule to resupply, got the above crash :(

Oh. I told Rocky to put hte tutorials up in the download section as well, in case people wants to have them sometime when they are away from their game or something. WHo knows when creativity sparks? :rolleyes:

I'll add the tutorials to the downloads shortly - I'll check with Wolfsong first and get the latest versions.

That would be great - at the moment I'm stuck on a mine site and can't play GR:AW2 but reading the tutorials will keep me going for a while :thumbsup:

Inferno' date='Aug 13 2007, 11:34 PM' post='487501']

I just played for around 30-45 minutes and I already got an error. I got killed then when I re-spawned I had no gun and only saw my hands. As soon as I pulled the trigger the game crashed and I was sent to my desktop. If there is a quick patch released please include something that will make the sniper rifle have some recoil or even move while you are aiming down the scope... :wall:

got this prob with patch 1.02 on our coop-session several times, too.

Inferno' date='Aug 13 2007, 11:34 PM' post='487501']

got this prob with patch 1.02 on our coop-session several times, too.

Same problem i had on 1.02... only once thought. It was on TDM.

I am happy so far with the patch. The game now recognizes my soundcard (Audigy 2 ZS w/Vista). I have the sound I remember from GRAW1 back. Also I have gotten a pretty good boost in fps area. The server browswer works much better and it seems like servers/maps changes load faster. Thx GRIN!

Good job on the patch so far. Just for future reference, I'll list the bugs I've experienced since the patch. This is using GRAW 2 on Windows XP:

- Random crashes are still there. The last one I had was in multiplayer. My crashlog.txt file says:

Tue Aug 14 02:15:04 2007

Crash in application version: 30553.2792

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: stance_block in type <UE_ScriptExtension>

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

- I joined a deathmatch game and found that for the first three rounds I couldn't see all the players on the scoreboard, both at the end of the round and also during the game any time I pressed TAB to view the scoreboard. After 3 rounds this problem seemed to resolve itself.

- Using the new 'SoundBlaster Audigy2ZS' audio renderer +EAX results in a lot of crackling during the game. I have no problems with my Audigy2ZS in any other game, all drivers are up to date and the system is rock solid.

Edited by PersianImmortal

- Using the new 'SoundBlaster Audigy2ZS' audio renderer +EAX results in a lot of crackling during the game. I have no problems with my Audigy2ZS in any other game, all drivers are up to date and the system is rock solid.

I'd like to confirm that there is quite a bit of Crackling in the game when using Audigy soundcards with EAX enabled.

I am using Vista and I don't even bother with EAX anymore because EAX and Vista aren't good friends anymore even with OpenAL games. But next time I load up the game I will enable EAX and see errr hear what happens.

I'd like to confirm that there is quite a bit of Crackling in the game when using Audigy soundcards with EAX enabled.

Same here with my Audigy 2 +eax

gone back to "generic hardware" + eax.. then sound seem to be allright.

Just found a major glitch in single player. In Act 1, one of my new saved games (auto-saved under 1.03) has developed a major problem. One of my squad members is now always aiming upwards, and won't move when commanded (he confirms the command but won't move). He just stands in the same spot with the same pose, and even if you budge him to another position, or give him another command, or he comes under fire, he still aims upwards and won't follow orders.

I've reloaded the game and the savedgame several times and the glitch is always the same:

graw2glitchsd8.th.jpg

Just found a major glitch in single player. In Act 1, one of my new saved games (auto-saved under 1.03) has developed a major problem. One of my squad members is now always aiming upwards, and won't move when commanded (he confirms the command but won't move). He just stands in the same spot with the same pose, and even if you budge him to another position, or give him another command, or he comes under fire, he still aims upwards and won't follow orders.

I've reloaded the game and the savedgame several times and the glitch is always the same:

graw2glitchsd8.th.jpg

I don't think this has to do with this patch. It most likely a rare savegame issues. But not something I'd seen before.

graw2glitchsd8.th.jpg

I've had this happen too. He did not react to my moving commands anymore, but once I issued a "follow me" command he came out of stasis and was back to normal. Only happened once though.

ive already downloaded the patch. The size is roughly around 10MB. So does that mean a bigger patch will be coming soon to fixed some of the bugs in SP mode?

As for the current patch i can see that 90% of it is mainly for MP mode.

graw2glitchsd8.th.jpg

I've had this happen too. He did not react to my moving commands anymore, but once I issued a "follow me" command he came out of stasis and was back to normal. Only happened once though.

same thing happen to me, infact ive already mention this on other posts. Thought that the 1.3 patch will eliminate this and some other bugs but it didnt. I assume bigger patch is coming soon to dealt with this problem.

hope GRIN could highlight us.

Edited by Danish1705