about Tagging

Is there something special you're supposed to do to tag people?

Tagging as a sniper seems to work extremely easily just by having crosshairs on them. But anything other than that I can't seem to tag. In deathcam, when i'm in taggin mode, nothing seems to happen at all. Are there buttons to press or something?

As a ghost, to tag a Rebel, just aim at them. Scouts can tag through walls.

The deathcam tagging feature has a glitch. Sometimes the diamond shows, and sometimes it doesn't. But, this is how it is supposed to work:

In deathcam, depress the mouse wheel. There will be a round reticule on the screen and you will have a 360 freelook camera. Just put an enemy in the circle to tag them. You don't have to press any buttons.

The deathcam tagging feature has a glitch. Sometimes the diamond shows, and sometimes it doesn't. But, this is how it is supposed to work:

In deathcam, depress the mouse wheel. There will be a round reticule on the screen and you will have a 360 freelook camera. Just put an enemy in the circle to tag them. You don't have to press any buttons.

What exactly is tagging doing and what is it's intent?

What exactly is tagging doing and what is it's intent?

The red Diamonds that are placed on the enemy team to let you know exactly where they are. The same red Diamonds used in GRAW1 single player but now in Multiplayer. Although I have no idead which modes this is in and which ones it is not :(

RvA Mode

The Recon team can only tag

Any enemy that 1 of your team has in there LOS, will appear as a red triangle for the whole team. Earlier i was in an enclosed area and had 3 red triangles heading my way. I hid, 2 ran straight past me and i hit them in the backs. 1 was above me and he soon popped his head over the edge of a shelter and 1 in the head for him too!

I highly doubt they knew i was there, although i was tracking them all the way to there deaths.

Tinker

:o=

I really like this game mode. It is far better than Domination and Siege. RvsA does encourage teamplay and the different styles of play on the two sides forces you to think all the time, so that you don't fall into just one standard procedure of doing things.

But it is SO frustrating to play Scrambler with guys who don't got the grasp of the game mode.

There's a deathcam tagging glitch as well as a distance check - something that we'll fix for release.

The most interesting part of tagging, is that as a good assault you'll have to think about what you do, since sneaking around a corner is something a ghost could see very clearly if he tagged you (often resulting in a headshot).

The best part of Scramblers is in my opinion that you can see scout ghosts moving by checking which of your own teammates are purple tagged (purple is when your teammates- normally blue- is seen by any ghost, often a scout, but they could've been manually tagged as well...)

And, if you play scrambler.. don't forget to untagg your friends if they're tagged...

You get points for that! (to compensate for the weak weaponry)

There's a deathcam tagging glitch as well as a distance check - something that we'll fix for release.
Can you elaborate?

And, if you play scrambler.. don't forget to untagg your friends if they're tagged...

The weapn is only as weak as the player! I get plenty of head shots as scout/scramber! Edited by Cangaroo.TNT

The most interesting part of tagging, is that as a good assault you'll have to think about what you do, since sneaking around a corner is something a ghost could see very clearly if he tagged you (often resulting in a headshot).

The best part of Scramblers is in my opinion that you can see scout ghosts moving by checking which of your own teammates are purple tagged (purple is when your teammates- normally blue- is seen by any ghost, often a scout, but they could've been manually tagged as well...)

I had in one game very frustating moment with tagging. I was Scrambler and saw my teammate being tagged. I came to him and de-tagged that purple thing out, but he got tagged again in less than one second. Whenever I pushed de-tag button it just brough that purple thing back. I don't thing it's a cliche, because ghosts had scout scouting on us.

And when there's a scout near scrambler, mr. De-tagger becomes useless in terms of minutes, until that Ghost disappears. This just kills the purpose of de-tagging and hope something will be done with it.

Edited by capteenix

I had in one game very frustating moment with tagging. I was Scrambler and saw my teammate being tagged. I came to him and de-tagged that purple thing out, but he got tagged again in less than one second. Whenever I pushed de-tag button it just brough that purple thing back. I don't thing it's a cliche, because ghosts had scout scouting on us.

And when there's a scout near scrambler, mr. De-tagger becomes useless in terms of minutes, until that Ghost disappears. This just kills the purpose of de-tagging and hope something will be done with it.

I think comms could solve that. You could tell him he's in someone's LOS and needs to take cover. I understand that taking cover is a little more difficult against a scout, but that's kinda the point. :yes:

It doesn't kill the purpose as you have a source that tags near by and have to take that out as well. And besides, the scrambler gets 1 VP each time he detags the friendly so will level if that keeps up.

A question can the tagging key be remapped? i am guessing it cannot, i have my middle mouse button keyed to go prone so wondered why i could not tag enemys in the deathcam. I thought the key was the same as the detag apparently not.

I then set my keys to default and voila the middle mouse button allowed me to view the 360 tagging in deathcam.

A question can the tagging key be remapped? i am guessing it cannot, i have my middle mouse button keyed to go prone so wondered why i could not tag enemys in the deathcam. I thought the key was the same as the detag apparently not.

I then set my keys to default and voila the middle mouse button allowed me to view the 360 tagging in deathcam.

Good question. I don't know if it can be remapped, but it should still be available to you in deathcam as it should have it's own function keys. Maybe we'll have to look at that.

I tried every key on my mouse and keyboard and the deathcam still did not work once my middle mouse was mapped to go prone. Thanks for taking a look :thumbsup:

Edited by Stealth-Cobra

Does anyone know if there is a maximum distance at which rebels can be tagged? I know you need a clear LOS (excpet for the scout).

From how far away can a rifleman tag?

From how far away can a sniper tag?

From how far away can a scout tag?

What is the effective range for the scout's heartbeat sensor?

[Merged into the existing Tagging thread]

Edited by Pave Low

Tagging is also somewhat of a mystery to me. I understand it all in Rvs.A. I'm a scout and bad guys are automatically tagged when I get near them. Description says the heartbeat monitor will even work through walls, so they don't necessarily have to be in my line of sight.

TDM is where I'm confused on how to tag. There is no scout or scrambler class in TDM yet I have seen the enemy get tagged with a red diamond ocassionaly and I've wondered how others are able to tag them.

TDM is where I'm confused on how to tag. There is no scout or scrambler class in TDM yet I have seen the enemy get tagged with a red diamond ocassionaly and I've wondered how others are able to tag them.
I've vever seen that...must be a glitch or bug?

Does the tag thing work well in deathcam?

I would prefer if you could point and click to tag people in deathcam. Less complicated that way.

As it is, left & right click changes players, while the mouse wheel turns tagging mode on & off. I like it the way it is now.

I've vever seen that...must be a glitch or bug?

Tagging in TDM occurs automatically if an enemy is close to the spawn zone when someone spawns. It's an anti-spawn-camp thingy. But those tags stays only a limited time.

I tried every key on my mouse and keyboard and the deathcam still did not work once my middle mouse was mapped to go prone. Thanks for taking a look :thumbsup:

it can be remapped goto you key setting and into misc and look for a setting cross com use set a key for that and you will be able to get the blue circle up on death cam and spin 360

thanks to mr viiper for that one