MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

sorry grin, just played a "heated" battle (5 vs 5) and if it still takes me more than 3 shots to kill somebody or even slow them down, . Sorry, that's just not Ghost Recon to me. Loved GRAW1, please fix this. Thanks.

EDIT: Just please fix that. I'm trying to stay constructive here.

Edited by durka-durka*BDA*

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry grin, just played a "heated" battle (5 vs 5) and if it still takes me more than 3 shots to kill somebody or even slow them down, I doubt I'll invest in this game. Sorry, that's just not Ghost Recon to me. Loved GRAW1, please fix this. Thanks.

Good point, when a bullet hits you. body armour or not, it hurts, it hurts bad, full stop. and 2 of them would make me wanna catch my breath at least.... there should be something...

Mobility

Another big issue from GRAW 1 that still pre vales in GRAW 2 is the injury aspect. When you get shot you can still run like the wind, no limping, no slowing down and no wounded rabbit effects. From the start of Ghost recon that is one key feature that made a difference to play style. You did not run about, as the chance of being clipped was high.

please make a difference to mobility when hit.....

sorry grin, just played a "heated" battle (5 vs 5) and if it still takes me more than 3 shots to kill somebody or even slow them down, I doubt I'll invest in this game. Sorry, that's just not Ghost Recon to me. Loved GRAW1, please fix this. Thanks.

Good point, when a bullet hits you. body armour or not, it hurts, it hurts bad, full stop. and 2 of them would make me wanna catch my breath at least.... there should be something...

I agree. You know how in Counter Strike being hit by bullets slow you down for about two seconds? GRAW should implement something like that. Maybe if you get shot you come to a complete stop, or if you were running it makes you fall. After all, people don't continue running as it a mosquito had just bit them.

EDIT: [GR] made you come to a complete stop and it never hurt the gameplay. I think this is very doable in GRAW :)

ON the same note, I haven't noticed that problem playing as a rifleman or demolitions. As a sniper though it's taking me too many shots to kill the enemy. Armor or not a sniper rifle is a sniper rifle, right? One shot should do it.

Edited by Lethal.Ambition

Something I thought of....

Instead of making a massive recoil that after the first shot you're looking up at the sky, why not implement something so that when you get hit you get knocked to the ground? Fall back or something? I've seen people get shot, even with body armor on, and it affects them pretty hard. There's a video somewhere of some soldier getting shot in his vest plate...knocks him straight to the ground...he gets up dazed, then runs behind a vehicle.

If you're gonna make the recoil so uber realistic, you should make the hits uber realistic too...

Played for a bit last night. Impressed with fixes and advancements more than dissapointed about the negatives. I do realize this is a Demo, so note that I do hope that the final product will smooth out most of the wrinkles.

1. Graphics look great, especially with post effects on high.

2. The sounds are awesome. Great job with the weapon sounds & explosions, running & footsteps. Sniper sounds rock!! Echoes are awesome too.

**** Noticed a glitch in the sound of theG36, and the Pistol that comes with the first sniper Kit. The sound seems to lag a bit behind the bullets. I fire and see the muzzle flash, and the sound seems a bit delayed/chopped off similar to what was happening with the mounted gun in the previous release....that seems to be fixed.

Sound Card isn't detected on startup of GRAW 2, and the setting doesn't hold after it is applied and the game is relaunched.

3. I love that you can go straight into a crawl from a full sprint. Great addition...(I think I noted that during beta as well).

4. DRAW DISTANCE. THis needs to be fixed if at all possible. It is cut down from GRAW 1. Not good. I tested it with Peace*AFZ* last night. I was using the M99 sniper rifle, and we noticed a draw distance on people at 150m 489-490 ft. I think on GRAW 1 it was 500ft if I'm correct?? Personally I would like to see draw distance with human characters to match that of objects/buildings. If you can see a building you should be able to see a person...even if faded or blurred. I am not totally familiar with the game engine, and have not seen this noted in detail in the thread(unless I missed the post) but if at all possible to fix, it would greatly improve this game.

5. Game seems a bit choppy, even when I turn most of my settings to medium (firing a weapon doesnt seem so smooth) but I am chalking that up to this being a not fully optimized Demo) Don't get me wrong it is pretty smooth, but I'm sure it can be improved upon a bit. I would like to run everything high and see the game in all its glory.

6. Server browser can not be sorted.

7. I love the multiple kit load outs on the different classes. I know a few of my clan mates did not particulary like it, they liked the customized kits in GRAW1. I would like to see even more of a variety, but like the idea of not being able to have the best of all worlds in your kit load out.

8. I like that you cut down the amount of GL's in a kit. Maybe this will promote servers to host full kits instead of the rampant "No GL's" in GRAW1.

9. I know Bo said SLI support is built in, but after I installed and the compatability utility ran, it said I only has 512 VRAM installed. I have 1024 in SLI. It would be nice to actually see the detection in the utility and in game so there are no questions to it. I would hpe that with 2 x 512 7950 GT OC's that I could run all settings on high and still get 50+ fps.

10. Wish there was one more map to really see what is in store. :blush:

11 It would be nice to see more Stats recapped after a round. Kills - Grenade Kills - Hit Percentage - Status (dead, wounded, healthy) Bullets fired - grenades fired - grenades thrown...etc.

Great job GRIN...I'm sure as I notice more I will be back to spill some more.....just some observations from a GRAW fan, maybe some of them can assist.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

...and if it still takes me more than 3 shots to kill somebody or even slow them down, .

Lack of effect when hit

I and others have been repeatedly asking for some effect/punishment when hit since the GRAW release. Some body twist was introduced but it is still vague. By now it is obvious that GRIN will not address the issue this time either. Sad really, the injury model is a big let down of the GRAW series - a series that otherwise start to shape up T vs T MP wise (if they get the user interface, server lists, tools etc in place).

The static two spawn zones

By the way, another letdown (to give some critisism while I'm at it) is the unfortunate static two spawn zones in T vs T TDM. The players asking for multiple insertion zones with a random insertion option a´ la GR were the T vs T players, but instead they introduced it only for the SP players :blink: sigh... Maybe the final release will be different?

Some great posts above....criticism meant to be constructive! Body/Hit damage that means something. Slowed movement/limping/knock downs/becoming dazed....would be awesome. Less hits to kill??? Random/mutiple insertion zones in TvT!!

This would be a huge step towards really polishing up this game anf filling in any holes. Large missing pieces from the series or any game that would be considered a Tactical Combat shooter. Still a great job so far...can't wait to see the final product.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

I mean, hurra MP demo. Im really not one for the MP side of graw and never have been. So grin, how about a single player demo for us coop/campain people so we can find and help you with bug there? or do you not plan on doing this, and just fixing our bugs with patches from post later on AFTER the game is out. I mean, the mp heads got there fix, and you saw the bugs/issues in that, how about we on the other half of the game help you out some? Just a though. :whistle:

Ducky

Well I tried to get this as another topic, but it got merged with this one and was woundering if there will be any word on this maybe?

I really liked the effect when you got hit by a bullet in the [GR]. Getting shot put you at a big disadvantage for a second because your aim went to hell. The limp in the first GR was also good, but not sure if it would work with this game... however, remember when redstorm had taken out the limp and the majority of GR fans wanted it back in. Will be playing this demo properly on monday, can't wait! :D -- Right now I have a busted fan on my graphics card so waiting for replacement :(

Love the game, however one of the subtle little things that's annoying is the chat and kill screens are reversed. EX: When I chat it goes to the top of the chat box instead of the bottom and then quickly disappears where the older stuff stays at the bottom.

Same with the kills, kill somebody and your eyes immediately go to the bottom of the kill list but your recent kill is at the top which is a full reversal to what I'm used to.

Anyway to reverse this?

What I would also like in the full version:

- modifiable crosshair

- that you can see how many teammates / enemies are still alive without pressing TAB (as sniper you often do not notice that you're the last man of your team)

- option to record and play a demo

- option to hide the red blob that appears when you hit an enemy (maybe more gore instead)

See you on the battlefield!

DarkG

Edited by DarkG

A few more:

Red dot blob when you hit an enemy - Maybe the crossairs of the ret can flash and you can see the blood spray more? I would rather see my bullets hit the target.

An option for saving replays. This is huge for match play and public servers. You can actually save a replay of the whole game, like GR1 and you are able to switch and see through the eyes of any player. THis allows the ability to really check against hackers/cheaters/glitchers. It cuts down on "questionable" happenings, and also allows teams to orchestrate better tactics in matchplay.

I forgot to check the light lobbing of grenades while crouched. It would be that it was only possible to lob it a few feet while crouched, mostly resulting in an accidental death. Feedback after I play tonight. Anyone notice this one yet?

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

I forgot to check the light lobbing of grenades while crouched.... Anyone notice this one yet?
When Mitchell retires he could pitch for the Yankees....

We have enough over the hill arms that have sub-par velocity. I would rather see Mitchell from GR1 pitch...guy could throw a nade 200 ft...might make a good pitcher.

...and if it still takes me more than 3 shots to kill somebody or even slow them down, .

Lack of effect when hit

I and others have been repeatedly asking for some effect/punishment when hit since the GRAW release. Some body twist was introduced but it is still vague. By now it is obvious that GRIN will not address the issue this time either.

Sad, but true :(

sorry grin, just played a "heated" battle (5 vs 5) and if it still takes me more than 3 shots to kill somebody or even slow them down, . Sorry, that's just not Ghost Recon to me. Loved GRAW1, please fix this. Thanks.

I noticed this as well. From both close and long range, you can score hits on an oppenent and itll just get his attention and make him start looking for you.

Unless its a head shot, it seems three hits is the norm. GRAW 1 was "usually" one hit, much preferred for a tac shooter.

And I second third and fourth everyone who's asking for hit reaction and limp etc effect!

I have to admit that I'm not surprised by the hit count. I mean, if the guy in the intro can take a nade blast 3ft in front of him, and it just blow him back a few feet, what do you expect? :)

I noticed this as well. From both close and long range, you can score hits on an oppenent and itll just get his attention and make him start looking for you.

Unless its a head shot, it seems three hits is the norm. GRAW 1 was "usually" one hit, much preferred for a tac shooter.

And I second third and fourth everyone who's asking for hit reaction and limp etc effect!

I agree we would all like to see some reaction to being wounded and even knocked down when hit. But for those of you complaining that you can't kill someone with a single shot to the body, welcome to the real world. Unless the guy is not wearing body armor and you hit him in a vital spot it is going to take more than one round to put them down. Even on a head shot you may only have grazed him and rung his bell so yes a supposed head shot may take another to put him out of his misery. Finally if your enemy is wearing body armor, it will take a lot more than a couple of rounds to kill them.

I have yet to install the demo since doing other things yesterday, but I must say that I am encouraged by the feedback I am seeing here.

FI_FlimFlam, what clan are you in? I am not familiar with FI.

Fatality Incorporated - www.fatalityincorporated.com

We're PsB members and MBL contributors, Respected Admins members, and currently host multiple RavenShield Servers and a GRAW Coop server since the dedicated server was released. We are a more mature based team focused primarily on COOP and good CLEAN games with a focus on Out of the Box playing, and strongly against cheating. While we don't ladder competitively(we're not against it however) however we've have our butts handed to us on more than one occasion in friendly scrims (we're good cannon fodder for competitive teams LOL). We've been around since the near the release of RavenShield and and have also hosted servers for SWAT4, Joint Ops, and BF2. Yeah I think that just about covers it LOL.

...But for those of you complaining that you can't kill someone with a single shot to the body, welcome to the real world.

LoL.....do ya realize that "body armor" doesnt cover very much of your body? It actually only covers your upper torso, and comes down to your belly button. A gut shot, though would not kill you right away, would defenately ruin your day. Wearing a kevlar helmet isn't that reliable either. It wouldn't survive most calibre bullets with a direct hit. I think that the thing that most people are "complaining" about is that getting shot has little to no effect on the enemy. Try getting shot in your arm, hip, leg, ect and even your torso with body armor on and see if it doesn't slow you down...