MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

hmm... I am not amazed with this game.not at all. I am hit with this game. Yet for it all. :huh:

I really like the intro. I've watched it like 5 times already. Nice music, graphic.

I specially like the new game type.

I don't know what you guys did, but for me the performance is a lot worst the the beta version. I could play beta on 1280*1024 without problems, but now i can barely play it on 1024*768.

Anyway i hardly wait to see the whole game released, so i can drink some beers while playing it :)

Yeah, I got 6600GT and the game runs like Barbie on bike, while in Beta it worked better. Like Barbie on Ken :yes:

Edited by capteenix

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having problem running Fraps and GRAW2 Demo together, lagging badly with Fraps.

Without Fraps it runs fine.

Vista Premium 32bit

INTEL E6700 CORE2DUO

GeForce 8800GTX

2GB DDR2 PC6400

I am glad that there are many people who like this game as much as I do. Personally, I hated GRAW 1, but GRAW 2 is really an improvement. At this time, there are hundreds of people still playing online. Funny, I've seen more people playing today and now than I've seen in GRAW 1 mp. Good stuff, Grin. Hope to see additional content and fixes from future patches.

Edited by intelfactor

Kill info+chat box at the same time is BAD. It takes up waaaay too much of your screen

Either code it so the two of them can't be showed at the same time, have an option to completely disable either, or make the Kill info boxes smaller (this needs to be done anyways)

------

Ability to quit the game after a match has ended. No biggy, but I'd like to be able to press escape at the End-match scoreboard (to quit or to change options) instead of having to wait those precious seconds (maybe I'd like to change my key layout before the next match starts?)

------

The Weapon Kits.

When selecting a class, Like Assault 5 or whatever, all it shows it what weapon you get, like SCAR L with M9 and grenades. What it doesn't show is what accessories you get on your weapon, like suppressor, grip and aimpoint. Just change the weapon Icon and it's fixed (or add specifics to the text)

-------

When killing (or beeing killed) by the underbarrel GL, the Kill Info box shows a Handthrown Fragmentation Grenade icon.

-------

The Red/Orange hit indicator..... BE GONE, BE GONE! Don't just make it a server-side option, make it client side, please!

Tools would be nice; tools and instructions even better (English please) ;)

What?

We had no instructions... why should you? :P

Nah... *poke*

We'll see what we can get out there.

Stop idling in the forums now.. go play!

I'll be on in oh about two and a half hours... so I'm hoping for a hungry crowd.

:D

Have you guys seen the BF2 indicator that you've shot somebody? They are four small lines in a cross hair form, really small, that come up when you've scored a hit. Perhaps it could change to that. Or like in Joint Ops you get this small red dot (if I recall correctly), or like someone had suggested, don't tell us at all :-P

Oh man it's annoying new people playing yesterday complaining about the game being too slow, not having enough action, and it "sucking." There were like five people in a server I was on complaining about how the 360 was going to be sooooo much better. And what the hell? No over the shoulder? Other FPS have that option, so why can't GRAW 2 PC. Because it sucks, that's why.

Ugh, I hate them. They don't realize the vital differences in both games. Same title, different style.

While in game I start off with around 25-30fps, but if I change any setting (even raise it) I jump up straight to 60+. I have 2 7900GTX cards in SLI. Does this happen for anyone else, and if so is it a SLI or single card setup?

This is a indeed a weird but known behaviour on some configurations (not only SLI). Actually a simple alt-tab should give you this speed increase too.

Careful of ATL -TAB (Double cursor syndrome)

DOUBLE CURSOR

When played in a window, ALT-TAB out to desktop then click back in and you have a double cursor...

ALT-TABBING is usually not recommended in any game when playing fullscreen mode.

It's great when GRIN AGREE (NOT)

What?

Nah... *poke*

I'll be on in oh about two and a half hours... so I'm hoping for a hungry crowd.

Remember GRin are allowed "Chopsticks" only

the demo is great imo, i hoped GRAW 2 would turn out like this. especially the sounds of distant firefights are awesome, really immersive and real sounding.

i don't know if somebody has posted this already, but i would really like to see that you can run with a double-tap of the forward button, like in AA or ArmA. running and walking speeds are definitely ok for me, but your character could be a tad quiter when moving slowly imo.

apart from some audio-glitches i had no problems with the demo technics wise,

can't await the full release!

great work, grin!!

ps: thanks for the 416... ^^

Recon Vs. Assault, when played the right way, can be a very fun experience. I think it's best left to 10 vs 10 or less though.

The Good:

1. As with all of Viip's comments, I REALLY like the way smoke is used. It lasts a LOT longer, and the canister doesn't bounce to China and back before it smokes. Good Job on that.

2. Maps look fantastic. Hopefully they'll be bigger, but we'll see.

3. Camo looks great. Hopefully we'll have a nice easy way to place mods in there to put our own designs in the game. (i.e. GR1)

4. I like the choice in weapons, wish we could customize like in GRAW1, but hopefully the full game is like that.

5. Loved being able to pick up weapons.

The Bad:

1. The walking sounds, as you stated, makes my character sound like he's walking around in brand new BDU's, with change jingling about. Any NCO of any army would have your ass for sounding like that in the woods:)

2. Throwing nades:) Not as easy and user friendly as GRAW. I think this will probably be fixed though in patches. After hours of playing, I still haven't blown myself up yet, only because nades are limited to certian kits:)

3 Scopes. I'm not sure which rifle it comes with, but there's thie big mamma jamma aimpoint "scope" that is about twice the size of the weapon and has 3in of blackness around it. It looks very tacky and I don't see anybody wanting to use it. It's so topheavy. It's the anna nicole smith of guns.

The Ugly:

1. Wounding. Big problem with me. When you have to shoot someone more than 3 times with a sniper rifle (m14) to get a registered kill, something is wrong. In GR1, when you got hit and didn't die, an arm, leg or chest would light up stating that you were wounded, and would affect your play, either making you limp or a wild shooter. This was one of the major selling points of the franchise, and I think GRIN has moved us closer and closer to a BF2142 game. Not cool.

2. Text box. Why fix something that isn't broken GRIN? The scrolling is opposite GRAW, and kills are seperate than regular text, plus they fade into the background in a few seconds. I was killed yesterday thinking that my teammate had shot the bad guy when it was the other way around. Is there a way you can keep the text/kill box up all the time and at the top? GRAW1 had it right.

On the Fence:

1. Nightvision. I like how it's instant and you don't have to turn the darn thing off to shoot someone, but it still looks very unrealistic. I'll save my judgement when I play a real night map.

Edited by durka-durka*BDA*

I just noticed a little something with the chat that is not a bug but more of an inconvenience.

I was dead and there were no respawns left. I was explaining to a new player how tagging and respawning works. I was about to finish a really long sentence when the next round started and it was all lost. It would be great if all that I had typed would carry over to the in-game chat box so I could either finish it or send it.

And could someone please tell me what the key to chat is? Is it t or is it u? Everytime I press t the chatbox acts like it was already up by adding the letter "t" instead of just opening the typing field. You get what I mean?

What?

Nah... *poke*

Remember GRin are allowed "Chopsticks" only

I heard that their Mouse1 is randomly switched to another key on the keyboard every five minutes.

The demo feels good so far.

Some constructive critisism if it's ok.

I have to say though that i'm not too keen the the maze like and claustrophibic style of this Ghosttown like map. I liked Ghost town in GR1, it had a few really nice open spaces. I feel like this map is designed to make almost every fire fight sudden and up close so as to force a feeling of action.

I really, really want to experience some open ranges. A map like Stronghold in GR1 had some tight stuff around the compound and in the thick areas of trees and dry riverbed but it also had some really nice, hugely wide open spaces.

Do all the maps in Graw 2 come down to tight, compact firefights or are there some that have a few wide open areas?

Also, can i say, i find the change position functions a littel frustrating, as with GRAW1. You have to come to a total stop then wait a nanosecond to make sure you have stopped, then press crouch. You don't have to do that for dive or backslide as you know and sometimes you want to coordinate the stop/crouch but I end up just pressing crouch, half the time realising that it hasn't taken then haveing to press it again.

Also, when prone on a slight incline, where and at what angle you can aim your gun is arbitrary. somtimes if you are too close to a wall or fence etc it de activates your gun view/use.

These things are just little annoyances but impact the gameplay alot.

Also, what is that red dot/circle that appears over the enemy when i put my iron sites on them? I don't want to be told when i'm aiming right.

An anyone comment on these points.

Looking forwad to getting the full game. And having some countryside TDM.