So is everyone happy with GRAW for the most part?

My personal opinion is that GRAW is simply no fun to play at all, but taste is different for everyone. Back playing SWAT4.

to pull a "Sup"

FIXED! :)

Jezz... wille.... :bs:

What a total BS !! You better fix that game wille not someones opinion about your poor product.

Bigol dont ask here what ppl think about the game because lots of ppl disapointed with GRAW stoped visiting this forum and you cant hear their opinion, those who stayed ( very few) are graw hardcore fans .

BTW. Bigol, Your PC will run GRAW just fine on max settings. Try it but use demo, dont buy it , i still cant sell my copy even for half of its retail price :wall:

Edited by Joseph_Q

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal opinion is that GRAW is simply no fun to play at all, but taste is different for everyone. Back playing SWAT4.

to pull a "Sup"

FIXED! :)

*Hi, we're on the internet! This is fun, because we can say anything we want since it's anonymous!

Fixed. :thumbsup:

Bigol dont ask here what ppl think about the game because lots of ppl disapointed with GRAW stoped visiting this forum and you cant hear their opinion, those who stayed ( very few) are graw hardcore fans .

Don't be telling people what they can and can't ask in the forums, that falls under my responsibility :thumbsup: Besides, I suspect Bo'B asked here because he trusts the opinions of the members who post here.

Don't be telling people what they can and can't ask in the forums, that falls under my responsibility :thumbsup: Besides, I suspect Bo'B asked here because he trusts the opinions of the members who post here.

Im not telling him what to do, im giving him an advice. I can use PM next time if it is prohibited here.

Im not telling him what to do, im giving him an advice. I can use PM next time if it is prohibited here.

Don't play semantics with me JQ. State your opinion like everyone else, but don't tell other members what they can and can't ask here viz... "Bigol dont ask here".

Don't play semantics with me JQ. State your opinion like everyone else, but don't tell other members what they can and can't ask here viz... "Bigol dont ask here".

RGR that ... PM then.

Well sillyness aside, there is a few issues with the game. One is the name GRAW. To be GRAW you would actually need to have some GhostRecon, and this game is not in anyway GhostRecon. It is more a R6 game, but with soldiers and a light engine. So to give you my opinion , i will give a little tour through the opening of the game.

The first thing you will notice after you jump out of the plane is the bland city and the flickering. Cool jump tho. Then you hit the streets! go go! As you go you cant miss the crawling and jaggie edges everywhere( well not everywhere) But no time to discuss the lack of AA and Bo's choice of a DFlite, you need to hook up with your team. So you peak around , zoom out and in, feel safe to keep going to the green markers, BUT HEY! where did that street sign come from? i was zoomed on that place and it just pops up when i get close? It is a big hunking turn sign!... AHH the view distance is lame. No time to wonder about that. You need to get er done! finally a teammate, lets go! WAIT bad guys! shoot the hell out of them . Big fun nice sounds and effects except i seem to be in a cone of blurr... lack of good AF? Well cant ponder that long ,need to keep it true, onward. Next you will be surprised by the way shadows just pop out like a ray of light, but a shadow. When you where sure you had checked that area for baddys.. more view distance issues... and the cone effect, its kinda bad... Hmm why have a sniper rifle? OH yeah to see the saw blades on the edges and the blurry blobs you will have pop up at ya. So after you get all the team and go FFing along there is a Drone to play with! Fun. And the Drone has the best graphx in the game but in black and white. Why is that? Why does the Drone view have the best..... AHH no light engine from Bo. hmmm go figure. Well you will run and gun and sneak stealth your way to the end of the misson, all the while in a blurry crawly jaggie mess with some textures that came from Quake 1, Now you will see some nice textures but 10% if that, and the sounds and effects are real nice. Thats the SP game, fun once with ugly not next gen gfx. So on to MP. NOT! wow the cheats, lack of stuff to run a clean MP...lots of nade spam.. So its to COOP. Yeah COOP the heart of [GR], the reason people still play [GR]. Bunch of bros(upto 27) playing some insane modded map by a fellow cooper. NOT! ######.. coop is borked! AHH they have [GR] COOP cool! NOT! it is nothing like [GR]? WHY do they keep saying this is GhostRecon It is not GR. This is CQB game. And that is the only way to limit the lame lightengine and lack of AA and a AF, But CQB is R6 , hence the game should be R6AW.

So to sum this up, when the game goes Alpha call me ill give it wurrl again.

kklownboy

Well so far I like the game but I have to say it should run much better than it does. It's a nice looking game but not so nice that even on low settings I have some major frame rate problems....and it doesn't matter if I have the setting maxed out or all on low either.

Too bad really because it's a good game imo just runs really bad.

Well so far I like the game but I have to say it should run much better than it does. It's a nice looking game but not so nice that even on low settings I have some major frame rate problems
Um, yeah, Bob, I could have warned you about that one.

Your 7600GT dictates that you should play the game on all LOW settings. For an added boost, you might want to turn off Shadows and Dynamic Lighting (if you have to).

I have a Venice clocked at 2.6Ghz and an X1900GT with some big-time overclocks and 2GB of RAM and I play at all Medium settings and I average about 45fps.

Enjoy the game!

I have a Venice clocked at 2.6Ghz and an X1900GT with some big-time overclocks and 2GB of RAM and I play at all Medium settings and I average about 45fps.

Do you got the recently released ATI drivers? They have given 5-10 fps in GRAW depending on whom you ask. I got a similar setup as you (no OC) with the same FPS but with all settings at high.

Do you got the recently released ATI drivers? They have given 5-10 fps in GRAW depending on whom you ask. I got a similar setup as you (no OC) with the same FPS but with all settings at high.
I've heard a little about this but figured it was all talk.

I'll give them a shot a tonight - thanks for the heads up! I usually use the Zeropoints (6.10 version is not out yet) but I guess I'll use the plain vanilla ones. Hopefully, the install will let me bypass the install of CCC.

Personally, I enjoy the game. I am not one for bunny hopping, or having all the players running for the tanks, etc..

If you get on with a good bunch of peeps, I am sure you'll enjoy it. The main thing is finding the right peeps to play with (ROCO and AFZ clan, Cognito, SCE Clan.. just to name a few) . Is there room for improvements, yes. But really I am not sure I have played a game where I have not said "I wish I could do this or go here, etc.." Maybe I am just tough on Developers or just know what I want. But if you are willing to accept the game at what it is and have an open mind, maybe change you game style a little.. it should bring entertainment to you. Also the Mission aspect (non MP) is well done.

I wish more people played it only because I enjoy playing against others and some of the maps aer large for 4 v4 games. But really, for how much you can purchase it for.. it's worth taking a stab at.. again, just my opinion..

I love it but find that my clanmates have regressed to Ravenshield...

Sounds like you have some mighty smart clanmates. ;) Back to the question at hand. :hmm: Not happy with GRAW as it's not fun to play,doesn't even remotely feel like the [Ghost Recon] and I've had more CTD's,lock ups,bugs etc. with this game than all my other games combined. :( Play a friends copy or try the demo before you fork over any cash for this game.

Strickly IMO IMO IMO...!!!!!!!

PROS:

1. Sound is super realistic, graphics are next to perfect.

2. Textures, scenes of towns, sound of leaves, gravel etc... perfect.

3. Deaths are very real, one shot to the head you are dead, not like other games that you have to get shot about 10 times. I was playing Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and I to kill a guard I had to shoot him 3 times in the head with a 9mm pistol from 20 feet away, in GRAW one shot to the head be it 10 feet or 300 feet you are toast.

4. Multiplayer has minor bugs, compatability is almost glitch free.

5. Tons of maps for the outdoors. Maps develop different skills in weaponry; from sniper deathmatchs to close combat prozaic actions.

6. Game loads up real quick compared to other FPS games.

7. Ubisoft is conscious of bugs and is always trying to have updates online.

Cons:

1. The soldiers do not run while reloading, so if somebody is shooting you while you are reloading, toats.

2. The soldier cannot shoot at all from prone position, very very difficult.

3. The soldiers will not shoot while you have the shift key (running) pressed. So, if you are running and stumble into somebody and press Left Mouse click to shoot and still have shift down, forget... it wont shoot. I think is lame because in reality you can shoot while running and in fact would look super cool to be sprinting and shooting even just to intimidate or for support fire specially when you have 300 rounds in your magazine.

4. Low budget Geforce and ATi video cards 256 and even 512 RAM will (SOMETIMES) not run or crash in the middle of the game. It does not matter if you have the latest updates or the BIOS is frshly reflashed.

5. On Multiplayer mode expect some cheating and do not let it dissapoint you, keep playing, get better. I know there is cheating... When you fire 6 shots to the body point blank with a Glock and the guy does not go down something is going on or spray them with a the M8 10 feet away and no harm...fishy indeed. Its part of the computer world. I know I dont cheat and I try to have fun and get the most of those $40.00 bucks spent.

6. I am very very dissapointed with the availability of weapons, very very minimal. When I read the reviews about the soldier of the future I was expecting to test the latest and greatest in warfare, in GRAW that is not the case. One or two cool weapons; not a lot of variety in grandes, rocket launchers, mines, differetn kinds of explosives that would have made the game much more interesting. I think they placed all efforts in tactitacl warfare.

7. You cannot drive any vehicles, no heavy machine guns.

8. You cannot swap weapons from dead soldiers, but these are not glitches, I see it more as a game with very minimal features. I got to give Splinter Cell a 10 out of 10 in thise field. No thermal vision etc. Before I forget the cross coms does not work on multiplayer mode that is the camera view of other soldiers and is a real bummer.

During single player mode it sucks that your support soldiers are always repeating stupid commands and this feature cannot be disabled.

At some points the soldiers will stay on a loop repeating the same command again and again. Soldiers may not follow orders at some point, etc etc.

Another thing during AI is compared to Splinter Cell were being in total darkness without being seen makes sense. In GRAW, you can be 500 feet away between bushes and it seems the AI has ultrasonic vision and an accuracy that makes Clint Eastwood look like a rookie. Those little things may or may not drive you off.

For me, its $30 or $40 bucks. I have bought many other games that look to unreal and dumb and GRAW did all it could to make it happen to the FPS fanatic. In my opinion if you are into a killing frenzy and shooting everyting that moves like Predator so then buy instead Counter Strike or Quake 4. If you are into tactical games where you depend of your team to be successful then GRAW is the game. Like I said before, I am no Chuck Norris or McGyver, I do like it, graphics is part of a wonderful game, multiplayer action has no comparison, spontaneous and crazy at the same time.

Have Fun and have a good one.

Edited by HydroloK

Big Ol Brain - I'm not going to try to sway you either way but I'll raise one point. Given that the game has been out for almost 5 months now - if the game hasn't yet met the expectation of the ppl who bought it originally, then they would no longer be posting or reading the PC GRAW forum. I only decided out of boredom to drop by and see what was going on in here, and I saw your post.

The fact is, if all the ppl who disliked the game are no longer reading or posting here, then you're only going to get the opinion of the fans, not the opinions of the majority of ppl who bought and tried the game. That being the case, I would count the numbers of individulas who are posting in these forums who like the game and are still playing it, and then work out whether the number who do still play it would make it worthwhile purchasing the game and joining the few full servers that remain.

hope that helps.

The fact is, if all the ppl who disliked the game are no longer reading or posting here, then you're only going to get the opinion of the fans, not the opinions of the majority of ppl who bought and tried the game.

you will never ever get the opinions of the majority of the fans as the majority of the fans dont post on internet message boards.

ive got a Athalon 64 3000 1Gb of Ram and a 7600GS and i play everything on high and it merrily flies along on 1024x768 quite happily at about 45-50 fps.....

Fair call Willie,

But my point is, if he comes to a Forums in which only the GR.Net GRAW lovers are going to post in - then he should expect to get majority votes for GRAW, not necessarily what the majority of GRAW buyers think.

Either way - dint come to pick a fight - just letting him know that he might not get the balanced viewpoints here.

nuff said - I will sneak back to GR Forums.

L.

The fact is, if all the ppl who disliked the game are no longer reading or posting here, then you're only going to get the opinion of the fans, not the opinions of the majority of ppl who bought and tried the game.

you will never ever get the opinions of the majority of the fans as the majority of the fans dont post on internet message boards.

What??? I'm a minority??

LOL!

What??? I'm a minority??

LOL!

HELP!!!! HELP!!!!! He is being Repressed!!!!!!

HolyGrail007.jpg

so you are a king just because some tart in a lake threw a sword at you? :rocky:

and yes, you are a minority :)

I know ;) probably 75% of the peeps that buy the game only play the single player campaign and out of those, maybe 15 % doesn't even have the internet.

Out of the 25% that does play it online ... probably 20% check out news on the UBI site or forum leaving the remaining 5% probably us, which surprizes me that we get anything we ask for... as they are pleasing 5%

I love everything about this game minus some of the minor flaws like a game crash with using the nade launcher a certain way - would really make me mad if I was in a match. I would say 9 out of 10 on an overall score, but that is because I love to make maps as well as play some laid back games where 4-16 people on a team can all get along. The larger capacity games are tough sometimes because you are more playing solo with little help of others. This game with the right maps and game settings can make for a real fun time.

Also, with the right system you can get graphics realistic enough that you can see the cement between the bricks on some buildings in this game. I have a 512 MB 7950 GT card along with other good stuff and the graphics are outstanding. With the right players this game can make for an awesome night of fun.

Not to take your spot here, but to help you get going with the game and an invite to you and others - http://www.shadowcompanyelite.com

is where some real nice older folks hang and we would love to have you drop by and say hello. We have specific nights dedicated to play GRAW leaving other nights for other stuff. Tell em the FATMAN sent you.