First weapon model

swartsz

Tasco Propoint?

Looks to fit the bill mate! :thumbsup:

And if it is the Tasco and you need pics of it just let me know mate...got some fairly high res digital photos of that thing laying about :rocky:

Snow

honestly, i haven't got a clue what it is called, i found on a photo of a G36C of which i sent you the link a while back.

I think the scope in that model look superb. I'd throw the vert grip on too.

ah...you are reffering to the model which i like to call ump_loaded.

your wish is my command:

ump75.jpg

The scope mount doesn't look like it's really attached to the scope, just kind of sitting there, like the scope is balancing on two rectangles. Amazing model though.

kinda looks like that, but take a look at my reference pictures: reference gallery. it looks the same as on my model

i am also working on a version of that scope with the lens-covers on it like in the reference pictures for those who do not care about high polycounts... :D

Edited by swartsz

Looks just like a Tasco Propoint, think the one on the G36C might just be a cheap knockoff....why put a proper scope on an airsoft gun?? :P

Do think dear Swartsz is suffering from the Bruce Willis cyndrome though...compared to the G36C pics and the pics I have of the Tasco the scope on the UMP model is backwards :blink:

oops, well i kinda look like him. also got a hairline that is withdrawing to the back of my skull.. :D now only to get a salary like he gets for a movie!

thanks for the tip, will fix it asap.

edit: flipped it around, here is a new render with the high poly scope ( correctly mounted :D )

ump85.jpg

Edited by swartsz

Looks just like a Tasco Propoint, think the one on the G36C might just be a cheap knockoff....why put a proper scope on an airsoft gun??  :P

Do think dear Swartsz is suffering from the Bruce Willis cyndrome though...compared to the G36C pics and the pics I have of the Tasco the scope on the UMP model is backwards  :blink:

Is his scope really backwards? I have to watch it sometime and see what you're talking about. But if it is correctly oriented then it doesn't matter what position the mount is, as long as the scope is properly zeroed. I mount my scope on the forearm rails, and I plugged two pieces of trash yesterday at the test fire pit, but if it's wrong, then they should have paid more attention to detail..

But anyways, looking good, I took some pics of one model of a Surefire light, but Prozac360's got them.

looks cool , maybe for gr2? 

id start working on mapping and texturing, god knows i been at thoes for a while now and still think i could be doing better

maybe....

working on it...i have been practising my mapping and texturing skills for a while now, but still not satisfied with the results. but things are getting better each time i try it, so hopefully sooner than later i can finally show a fully textured model.

Edited by swartsz

oops, well i kinda look like him. also got a hairline that is withdrawing to the back of my skull.. :D now only to get a salary like he gets for a movie!

:rofl:

Looks really great swartsz. :rocky:

And Willis's Aimpoint is on backwards in some scenes then facing correctly in others. It's really noticeable when he first meets Dr. K while operating on a patient.

looks cool , maybe for gr2? 

id start working on mapping and texturing, god knows i been at thoes for a while now and still think i could be doing better

I am working on the perfect skin ( ty, Snow! :D ) for the UMP models and i need everybodys feedback.

what do you think of this? any comments or tips to make it better perhaps?

metal_test.jpg

Edited by swartsz

Looks good mate!

Probably be killed for this but the UMP isn't made up of all to much metal externally, the frame is mainly made of polymer..same as the G36 I'd say

again you come to my rescue, Snowfella! probably should have known the ump isn't made from metal. again it shows my lack of gun-knowledge.

edit- oke how is this as a polymer texture?

metal_test2.jpg

Edited by swartsz

Looks good mate!

Probably be killed for this but the UMP isn't made up of all to much metal externally, the frame is mainly made of polymer..same as the G36 I'd say

again you come to my rescue, Snowfella! probably should have known the ump isn't made from metal. again it shows my lack of gun-knowledge.

And proves my status as a gun nut :o=

And that polymer template looks good mate...wish I knew how you did that!

Looks good mate!

Looks something like a cloud render, possibly a little noise, and then a texture overlay. Good work swartsz :thumbsup:

Looks good mate!

made with that other 'metal' texture, added some dodge and burn strokes, a cloud filter at a low opaticy and a Note Paper filter also at a low opacity. plus some custom brushes to resemble the 'used' look.

@Cobra6, thank you for those tuts!

Edited by swartsz

thanks guys! I have a lot more ideas for animations but i will save those for the skinned ump or my new upcoming models.

And hopefully when i find a good video-editing program plus some good tutorials for it, i can start building my own little demo-reel.